Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
May 09 Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 pm
User Image
Volume 5, Issue 5
On the Cover: Ren and Nana O. from NANA

Inside:
Preview: Rasetsu by: Chika Shiomi
Normal Chapters of Sand Chronicles, Crimson Hero, Vampire Knight, Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time, honey and clover (2 chapters), and Honey Hunt
Normal Hot List/Get This Look/High Style, Low Budget/Beat Box/Letters/Fan Art/Streen Seen/Horoscope/How to Draw with Yuu Watase
Manga Spotlight on Boys over Flowers
Editor's Letter: "The Magic of Anime:" Get ready for a spectacularly shojo summer.
DIY: Anime Stow Away
Cooking: Movie Munchies
"Cellular Charms:" The cell-phone jewelry will spruce up even free phones.
Video Games: "Find a cure, rescue royalty, or save a planet - it's your choice.
"The Nana Tour of Tokyo:" Visit the real-life places that show up in the anime.
"Anime Classics:" Everyone should see these shojo series.
"Pop Quiz: Honey and Clover:" Can you hang with the gang? That our quiz and find out."
"Take an Anime Vacation:" These must-see anime hits are coming to a screen near you.
PLUS: A double-sided poster featuring the honey and clover anime on one side and the NANA anime on the other.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:13 am
I loved it! Can't wait for the next one smile  

Luna Vampire Yuki

Xxatomic chocolate cakexX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm
I really liked this one cant wait for the next sand cronicals chapter heart sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 am
I send them this letter regarding a movie they announced:

Quote:
When I got my May issue, one of the first things I noticed was the announcement of a new Viz Pictures movie, "Happily Ever After".
I read the review, and by the looks of it, is not a movie most of us, American viewers, would like to see in the theaters.
A movie about a girl who's stuck in an abusive relationship?! Sorry, but Japan might be a country who produces awesome things
(like manga, anime, videogames, electronics, cameras, cars and music) but there is still some huge cultural barriers between us and them.
Thanks for telling everyone who reads this magazine that Japan is not the anime paradise they think it is, but a place that hasn't done much
for woman's right, just like most of Asian countries.
I mean, in the Japanese version of "Iron Chef", why the Iron Chefs have to go easy on women? Because they don't think women could do a better job? Or why the Emperor wants his son to have concubines? Isn't because he don't want little Aiko to become Japan's Empress someday?
Sorry to break the bubble to many Japano-philes who read this magazine, but that's the truth. In Japan, South Korea, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc women are looked inferior to men, and that's true.

Keep on the good work you all have done with the magazine, so I could be a subscriber for the rest of my life.

Honestly, nobody in America wants to see a movie about an abusive boyfriend. That's not acceptable in here.

EDIT!!

Japan is also extremely xenophobic. Read this:

Japan; Xenophobic to the extreme  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games