Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Is anyone else disappointed...? :( Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conflicker = Pluto's Kiss?
  FINALLY! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!
  No, you crazy person...
  Neither agree nor disagree
  gold
View Results

HeartSeeker Xion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:26 pm
Conflicker Virus. Aka: C-Virus. It was suppose to be released on interwebz yesterday. As soon as I heard of it, guess what it reminded me of? Yup: Pluto's Kiss. Actually, all of the Viruses that happened in our series. 3nodding In AI Buster and Another Birth, they mentioned of a Virus called: "Hello WNC."

Spork for Feed:
Do you agree that Conflicker reminded you of Pluto's Kiss or any others?
Do you feel disappointed?
Do you agree that the bounty should've been $250,000?
Did you also want it to be a HUGE part of history?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:51 pm
PPN and I were talking about it and yeah, it reminded me of Pluto's Kiss too. c;
My sister and I thought it was going to be an April Fool's joke, but apparently not. I thought it wasn't going to happen.

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

fk12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:31 pm
Honestly, the Hello WNC virus description sounds like a virus that did happen a while ago. 8| Something about the infected computers bombarding Microsoft's inbox with e-mails and somehow crashing its systems from it... or something like that. It was a long time ago, so I don't really remember.

I WAS ON THE COMPUTER THE NIGHT PLUTO'S KISS HAPPENS IN CANON. I was oddly disappointed. >:c  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 pm
>.> what are we talking about?  

zawardo

Green Hero

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:03 am
Well, Conficker didn't really grab my attntion, but a few years ago when there war that huge power outage in the North East, I thought that it was the .hack time-line coming to life because it was only a few days off from one of the big virus releases....or I may have been a few months off...all I remember is that it was in august......  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:21 pm
Well, hey, don't you still have "Pluto Again" to look forward to? sweatdrop  

Mubyou

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:31 pm
is this a multiple choice question sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:01 pm
The virus did get me thinking about .Hack but what the virus does is way different than Pluto's Kiss, so I didn't put those two together.  

Kaiomeh

fk12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:20 pm
Endranse
Well, Conficker didn't really grab my attntion, but a few years ago when there war that huge power outage in the North East, I thought that it was the .hack time-line coming to life because it was only a few days off from one of the big virus releases....or I may have been a few months off...all I remember is that it was in august......

Was that the huge power outage in New York?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm
Question, I'm lost could someone explain what we're talking about ? I haven't read the .Hack manga/books/stuff that's being discussed here and would like to be informed of what pieces I'm missing to this puzzlle of a thread.  

Vellick

zawardo

Green Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:51 am
fk12
Endranse

Was that the huge power outage in New York?
in the WHOLE northeast  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:11 pm
Vellick
Question, I'm lost could someone explain what we're talking about ? I haven't read the .Hack manga/books/stuff that's being discussed here and would like to be informed of what pieces I'm missing to this puzzlle of a thread.
Wow. You are in a .hack//Guild and you know nothing of its Timeline? Damn shame.

I only thought of Pluto's Kiss because it was suppose to affect everyone. I didn't compare them.

And, I didn't hear about the power outage... ninja

HeartSeeker Xion

Mr Eliot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 pm
yeah, conficker (con being short for configure, ficker being the correctly spelled operative term, its also in place of more profane word that it rhymes with, catch my drift)

it was a real disappointment, in a good way xd

for anybody who doesnt know, conficker is a virus that so far has infected millions of windows computers, and right now is inactive.
security and microsoft people, though, thought they saw something in the line of code to suggest that it would become active and perform some action on april 1st

which, if it had, could have crashed hundreds of thousands of networks across the world, and could have led to a botnet more powerful than anyone could ever possibly imagine

tech nonsense aside, now that you say it, it does remind me of Pluto' Kiss, and Pluto Again.

p.s.- these criminals have a system deadly enough that theyre worth much more than the 250 grand microsoft is putting out for them,
also, dont know if i got my facts completely straight sweatdrop ...so, dont sue me  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:50 pm
I would have loved for something like Pluto's Kiss to actually happen.
Then it would have been a CyberConnect conspiracy and everyone
would have to play .hack// to discover what was next on the timeline.

That would have been A.mazing.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

auragleaf02

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:33 am
yeah the one who created the pluto kiss was a ten year old kid and i doubt something like that will happen in a near future, not everybody dependent on a computer.  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff