Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
John Carpenter's The Thing (1982) -- actual movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

(if you've seen the movie) Should they make a sequel or remake to this great movie?
  Yes it would seem interesting with today's special effect and technology
  Maybe ... this is a classic movie, sometimes sequels and remakes don't do so well
  NO! leave the movie be!!!
View Results

X_F 4 L L E NxA N G 3 L_X

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 pm
In the midst of the Antartican snowfield, the scientists and workers of a small American research base are shocked when a helicopter begins to circle their camp, chasing and shooting at a dog. When the helicopter is destroyed and the passenger's are killed by accident, the dog is let into the base and the American's begin to wonder what has actually happened. The helicopter is discovered to be of Norweigan make, and probably linked to the Norweigan base not too far from their own. Helicopter pilot J.R MacReady offers to travel to the Norweigan base and find out what has happened. On arrival, he finds that the place has been totally destroyed. He also discovers a mangled body that looks as though it was once that of a person, which he brings back with him to study. It is only then that the clues begin to add up; the dog morphs horribly into a strange creature that attacks the researchers. They manage to fight it off, but the base's doctor has come to a conclusion: an alien with the power to transform and take the appearance of anybody else is amongst them. Who is infected already, and who can be trusted? J.R MacReady sets out to find the answers to exactly that.

Trailer

The Thing -- Part 1
The Thing -- Part 2
The Thing -- Part 3
The Thing -- Part 4
The Thing -- Part 5
The Thing -- Part 6
The Thing -- Part 7
The Thing -- Part 8
The Thing -- Part 9
The Thing -- Part 10
The Thing -- Part 11
The Thing -- Part 12
The Thing -- Part 13 (end)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:43 pm
My Review: This is an amazing classic. It is truely one of the best horror movies of it's time. The way it's directed and the how the aliens are a complete mystery through-out the movie.
This will definately give you a few jumps and scares.
THIS MOVIE IS A MUST-SEE!!!!  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:50 pm
please watch and comment T-T  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:13 pm
I loved the movie just the way it is. I think a remake or an addition to it would only mess it up like all the other movies that shoulda stopped at one. neutral  

Psycho has Left

Aged Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

ObsceneOblivion1988

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:11 am
I really hope they dont make a remake I would go see it but i just hope they dont it would make me sad  
Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games