Can you believe this?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:25 am
Rob did an interview (I am posting a link if you don't believe me on this) saying:

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v36324_Pattinson_Preps_for__Twilight__Takeover.html

"When I read it, it seemed like (grimaces) I was convinced that ... Stephenie was ... convinced that she was Bella, and uh, and you, it wasn't, it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her ... her sort of sexual fantasy about some -- especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, "Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy" and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that it's like, I was just convinced that, that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation and I -- sometimes you, like, feel uncomfortable reading this thing, and I think a lot of people feel the same way, that it's kind of voyeuristic, ah, and it creates this sick pleasure in a lot of ways."

Are you serious?! What a good way to publicize the movies Rob way to go!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:59 pm
hahahahahahahahaha

that made me laugh really hard XDD  

Gilded Crows

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:00 pm
I'm sorry, my computer doesn't have Flash Player.

This was a VIDEO? I can't believe it...I think my heart just broke a little. sad

If it were a written article, I would never have believed that Rob would say things like that. Honestly, I thought he was better than that. But if this was a video interview...well, that's much harder to dispute. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 pm
I like what he said about the book cuz you do get that vibe from it in a lot of areas. Way to go Rob sum it up in a nutshell  

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:45 pm
I don't understand why you seem to be so horrified . . .
It was his opinion, and a good analysis of the novel. It was his own interpretation of what was going on.
Why do you find it so outrageous that something like that would be said?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:18 pm
sheesh..wow. haha.
rob musn't like stephenie very much, because he practically humiliated her in that interview... :/
i don't have anything against him because that's his opinion, but when you're trying to promote a movie, you should probably filter your words a little better haha.  

Jellycones

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:38 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
It was his opinion, and a good analysis of the novel. It was his own interpretation of what was going on.

I don't find what he said horrible and I agree it does describe most of the books. What I can't believe is that he would say that in an interview about the movies he is starring in. That is like asking people not to watch them. I'm not really outraged I'm more incredulous. Seriously that is promotional suicide!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:02 am
Mmm, that’s his opinion though I never liked him from the beginning and still don’t. Yeah, I think he should be more promoting of the series. As for my opinion, most writing comes from inspiration, in this case a dream. If there was no inspiration for writing, heck, there wouldn’t be books at all. So, in my opinion, I disagree with Rob.  

La Beaute

EvilWarlordGu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:39 pm
no, that is exactly why there are so many fangirls. We love to put ourselves into Bella's place.
Rob's hit the nail on the head, he's just stating the obvious.
The book is written by steph, in Bella's perspective. Of COURSE she envisioned herself as Bella. Of COURSE it's her fantasy.

Captain Obvious, much?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:24 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
.Bucket.of.Joy.

I don't find what he said horrible and I agree it does describe most of the books. What I can't believe is that he would say that in an interview about the movies he is starring in. That is like asking people not to watch them. I'm not really outraged I'm more incredulous. Seriously that is promotional suicide!

But it doesn't really sound like he's making the movie sound horrible. He is stating how he interprets the books. It does not sound anti-promotional to me . . . He's not saying that the movie sucks, or the books suck, he's saying that Stephenie must have written the books envisioning herself as Bella (which we all know she probably did) and that in the process she may have created this character who became so real for her, that he has specific details about himself and she may have fallen in love with him in the process.

Where in that statement is his saying negative things about either the series or the movie?

.Bucket.of.Joy.

xxFadedxMemoryxx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:40 pm
Perhaps it's just me, but this guild seems to be becoming an ANTI-Twilight guild rather than a pro one.
*sigh*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:07 am
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

That's kickass, lol

But yeah, most of gaia is anti.

Mischief managed.

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:08 pm
EvilWarlordGu
no, that is exactly why there are so many fangirls. We love to put ourselves into Bella's place.
Rob's hit the nail on the head, he's just stating the obvious.
The book is written by steph, in Bella's perspective. Of COURSE she envisioned herself as Bella. Of COURSE it's her fantasy.

Captain Obvious, much?

it's true.
I mean it's the same reason I write fan fiction some times in the First POV.
It's easier to relate to the character because you put a lot of your feelings and thoughts into that character's POV.
Honestly the Twilight series reminds me of just another fan fiction except it had original characters and what not instead... it's written quite like one.

(and honestly... I'm not Anti-twilight. I actually quite enjoy it.. I'm just not a raging fangirl. Now if you put Bill of Tokio Hotel in front of me then you'd get a raging fangirl *le sigh*)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
.Bucket.of.Joy.

I agree, it's not good for selling the series he's starring in...But who knows, maybe he doesn't care...

Demoness of Heart

Romantic Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200

sakura1120

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:31 am
I can't believe he said that! Rob just lost a lot of fans. and of course the way Stephenie Meyer wrote the book makes you feel like you're Bella! That's how almost every girl feels, and they love it, as do i!  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games