Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
Le Voyage Dans La Lune!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Well, the poster of the moon in this movie really makes me want to see it even if its old and short... Anyone actually seen it? (Hell no it was made in 1902)!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:42 am
ymPsiegetanK
Well, the poster of the moon in this movie really makes me want to see it even if its old and short... Anyone actually seen it? (Hell no it was made in 1902)!!!!

It's essential viewing, I mean it's only around 14 minutes long, and is a classic piece of cinema with fairly impressive special effects when we consider its historical placement.

You can watch it for free here, as with a lot of old films the copyright ran out and it's public domain.  

loIitoads

KimberleyJane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Mad for the silents - but plenty of people have seen it! Méliès made some very charming films smile .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:11 pm
KimberleyJane

Mad for the silents - but plenty of people have seen it! Méliès made some very charming films smile .

Yea, I feel awful that Edison ripped him off by copying and distributing his films in America before he could copyright them.  

loIitoads

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:26 am
Lolicat von Doom
KimberleyJane

Yea, I feel awful that Edison ripped him off by copying and distributing his films in America before he could copyright them.

that A-hole!!! xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:03 pm
ymPsiegetanK
Lolicat von Doom
KimberleyJane

that A-hole!!! xD

Yea, Edison was rather the theif when it came to inventing, and although he invented many things we still use today, a lot were stolen or merely elaborated upon, ideas from other sources. Not that this makes the man any less great, I suppose.  

loIitoads

Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff