[Self RP] My blood [Syeira x Ozzy]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:56 pm
Syeira had little time for family now a days, this she realized, and with her family growing and expanding every day, she had even less time for some of the more extended branches. It was hard to balance responsibility with the joys of family, but she was trying her hardest. Today she had a little spare time, and though she certainly needed to spend a little more time with Uumi, she was still a bit sore with him. Thus, she found herself walking through the lands, seeking out any of her cubs or grandcubs, just for a small chat.

"Inheriting a pride, and losing a family," she muttered to herself sourly as she narrowed her icy eyes on the area around her. Would she never find a balance between them? She supposed that was just the price she had to pay for it, though. She couldn't protect an entire pride and be a dedicated matriarch all at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:18 am
Ingelosi was perhaps perhaps part of the farthest reaches of Syeira's quickly spreading family tree, great-grandcub to the proud, strong queen of the Kusini. He reveled in the fact that no longer was he simply just 'royal blood', but he was now a direct descendant of the queen. Not that his ego needed to grow any larger, by any means.

It was luck that brought him face to face with his grandmother. She was, by all rights, a chilly lioness at the best of times, but something about her blood kin made her warmer - at least her cubs and theirs. He had an inkling she felt a touch guilty for not being around so much, but Ozzy himself didn't much mind, it simply meant that she had always tried to spoil him to make up for the time that she couldn't be there. He'd heard from his father that she'd not always been that way. In fact, his father recalled her being quite different when he was a cub training beneath her.

"Bibi!" he called out pleasantly, a charming smile spreading across his face as he approached her. He was usually selfish, but even a selfish b*****d had a soft spot for his Bibi.

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 am
Those bright, icy eyes swiveled in the direction of the voice that called out to her, recognition lighting in them the moment they fell upon the grown figure of one of her many grandsons. A sad smile spread across her maw as he came closer, the sort all mothers and grandmothers seemed to resort to when they realized their family was growing up far too quickly. Little Ozzy and his siblings had only been cubs yesterday, it seemed. Where had time gone?

"Hey there darling," she cooed out to him, her smile sincere as she strode over to bury her face against his white mane. He reminded her so of his father, though she knew in reality that he was more of his mother's ilk. She supposed it was hard to claim he was really either when they both looked so much alike, though - beautiful, white creatures that they were. "What are you doing all the way out here, hm?" She actually had no idea if he'd chosen a den to himself yet, and for all she knew it could be closer to her own than she knew. She just assumed he would have stayed closer to his parents.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:14 pm
He smiled down at the petite lioness as she buried her face into his mane, leaning into her happily. As much as others talked about how harsh she was, how cold she could be, she had never really been anything other than sweet to him. He had to wonder if it was simply because she was growing older, or if it was because she felt bad for never spending enough time with him. Whatever it was, it stroked his ego, and that was enough for him.

"Just walking, actually," he said with a little shrug, though he turned her question right back around on her, "but what are you doing all the way out here? Shouldn't you be doing important queenly things?" His smile was light and joking, and he sat down next to her.

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 pm
She sat down next to her grandson, noting as she did so that he hadn't inherited the size of his father or grandfather, his build that of a more average lion. She leaned lightly into his side, finding that he was still large enough to support her smaller frame, although it was always disheartening to find that one of her grandchildren had grown up so much in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

"I can't do queenly things all the time, or I'd never have any time to do family things," she said with a smile, though the tone of her voice was a little sad. It was a fact that she had been doing queenly things her whole life, even before they were truly required of her. She had always been involved in the care taking of her pride, it was always important, and it was that which was some of the roots of her problems with her mate. She could only hope that things would get better with time.

"Speaking of which, isn't it about time you settled down and found a mate? I should be expecting some great, great grandcubs sometime soon." She smirked lightly and looked up at him, a brow raising devilishly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:14 pm
"I guess that makes sense. Even the great queen of the Kusini is really just a mortal lioness with a family underneath it all." He smirked as he looked down at her, trying to decide why it was that others found her so imposing. He supposed it was only hard for him to imagine because she had never shown him that icy, bitchy side that was so fabled from her. Still, it was hard to believe that such a petite lioness commanded such a large pride.

"Uhh," he spluttered out as she changed the subject, averting his eyes away from his small grandmother and up to the sky above them as if it suddenly held all the interest in the world. "I dunno Bibi, I don't have.. any real love interests or anything. I mean, do I really have to have a mate so young and all? I know it's kind of habit in the family but.." He was tripping over his words, obviously nervous and unsure of himself at this point.

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 pm
"What's this?" she said, sitting up straight and tilting her head to look up into face, despite the fact that he was now refusing to look at her. "Is one of my boys afraid of settling down? That's certainly how it appears to me." She pushed herself up to her feet, narrowing her eyes on him as if she were examining him.

"I better not have a score of females coming to complain to me that my great grandson has been sowing his seeds in too many places," she said with a little frown. Oh, she had always suspected he was a little spoiled, that he was leaning to this condition, but she would n** it in the bud if she could.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm
"No, I'm not afraid of settling down," he muttered with a little scoff, tossing his paw in the air as if brushing the motion away. "I just haven't found anyone I really want to settle down with." He shrugged his shoulders, daring to glance back at her as she stood up to examine him. "C'mon, Bibi, I'm young, I have a long time before I need to start thinking about a family and all of that stuff."

"I, wha?" he spluttered again, his eyes widening so much that he felt like they were about to fall right out of his head. He really didn't want to sit here and talk to his great grandma about 'sowing his seeds'. Weren't there unspoken rules about avoiding this kind of thing with your grandkids or something? If there wasn't, there should be! He opened his mouth a few times to respond, but then simply shut it again as he realized he couldn't figure out a damn thing to say that didn't make him want to bang his head into a rock.

"I don't.. think you're going to have that problem, Bibi," he said softly, looking down at his paws. If he could have blushed, his cheeks would have been ten shades of red, no doubt. Well, more so than his mask already made them anyway.

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:17 pm
Syeira smirked lightly at the way he began to splutter at the merest mention of a subject that was uncomfortable to discuss with anyone other than one's own peers. She supposed there was really no need to actually torture her own grandson and now that he had reassured her (albeit not very convincingly) that she wouldn't have a score of great, great grandcubs running about with a lot of angry mothers, then she saw no need to continue this little conversation.

"See that I don't, I don't need a revolt from a bunch of young pretty girls," despite the warning, the smirk on her lips was purely amused. She thought it was highly possible, that was for sure. With a little chuckle, she leaned in to n** his cheek lightly, then turned to head off in the direction she had originally been going. "I'm going to go and talk to your grandpa, love, see you later."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:21 pm
Ozzy stared after his great grandmother as she finally turned to walk off, still staring at her figure with a bit of a gape. He was still in a bit of shock from the fact that his Bibi had had that conversation with him, or that she had reprimanded him for something he wasn't even exactly doing. Well, something he wasn't doing yet. Sure, he was male and young and the thought of wooing young ladies was more on his mind than settling down with a mate.

With a little groan, he pushed himself up to his feet, his tail lashing behind him as he turned to head back to his den. He supposed if he ever settled into that sort of lifestyle (given his age, it was likely he was probably going to dabble in it for a little while) he supposed he'd better just do it with whatever ladies he could find outside the pride. That way, his Bibi would never trace any cubs back to him.

He chuckled lightly at that and shook his head, the gait back in his step and the confidence back in his mind as he walked along. It was a good plan.

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces