Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
feeling physically drained - please help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:44 pm
what will help? i am so tired and moody lately and have been for 2 weeks now. at first i thought it might just be the weather, or maybe i wasn't getting enough sleep, or maybe even too much sleep, but no matter what i do i just feel like i'm walking around in a daze. just going through the motions of daily life. i haven't had the will to do anything. it isn't "that time" yet, so i don't know what the deal is. any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:35 am
You might be low on iron. Eat some iron-rich foods over the next week.

You might be pregnant ninja

You might be depressed. What you described - feeling tired or lethargic, feeling irritable, feeling disconnected, having trouble thinking or connecting - those are some symptoms of depression. There are others, so those aren't enough for a diagnosis, but if it doesn't go away, that might be what the issue is. Other symptoms are feelings of sadness or flattened affect, motor disruption (feeling really clumsy, dropping things, stumbling etc), loss of interest in things you used to enjoy, sleep disruption (insomnia or hypersomnia), cognition problems (trouble holding a train of thought, like you get lost halfway through a sentence and can't remember what you were talking about, trouble concentrating), suicidal ideations (even if you definitely don't want to kill yourself, you keep imagining doing so), weight change (gaining or losing).... and that's all I can remember right now.

I'd recommend looking at your diet, getting a bit more exercise if you don't get much, that sort of thing.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

IceQueenMizore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:49 am
whiporwill-o
what will help? i am so tired and moody lately and have been for 2 weeks now. at first i thought it might just be the weather, or maybe i wasn't getting enough sleep, or maybe even too much sleep, but no matter what i do i just feel like i'm walking around in a daze. just going through the motions of daily life. i haven't had the will to do anything. it isn't "that time" yet, so i don't know what the deal is. any suggestions?

Working out will increase your energy a lot. and metabolism. and food consumption.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 pm
It could indeed be the weather. Have you ever had experiences with seasonal depression?

I also agree with the previous statements. Proper nutrition and excersize increases the production of seritonin. Hope you feel better soon!  

RubyLight

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:42 pm
no worries, i'm not depressed or too badly out of shape. i do have seasonal depression, but usually only in early-mid winter. i will have to look into bettering my diet, thanks. i have noticed that i feel better after having a few cups of green tea, i dunno if its a comfort thing or if it actually helps though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:33 pm
I have an iron problem. When I am low on iron i feel exactly like you describe. Eat a good steak or Hamburger, after I do I feel better. If you don't eat meat greens are good such as green beans, collards, spinach. Hope that helps! ^.^  

meow_musicbox

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:37 pm
meow_musicbox
I have an iron problem. When I am low on iron i feel exactly like you describe. Eat a good steak or Hamburger, after I do I feel better. If you don't eat meat greens are good such as green beans, collards, spinach. Hope that helps! ^.^

thanks so much 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:25 am
User Image
Red meat, some beans, and dark greens are rich in iron. I've always had an iron deficiency, and I don't like dark greens or red meat, so I have to take supplements occasionally.

Credit

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

krav majo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:38 am
As has been said - eat healthily (inc. volume) and drink enough fluids which ideally will be water. Decaf tea will be okay (green tea) but water is preferred. If you are dehydrated it will give you the symptoms mentioned.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:03 pm
I would follow the food diet ideas that everyone else suggested too.
when i am in a funk like that what helps me is lighting a candle and mediating and journal writing to find out what else is going on inside my head

Sometimes i have to go outside and find the moon to feel closeness to her energy while being on the phone with a close friend that understands all of you.

hope this helps
lady silver

ps i to have these feelings often and that is what i need to do when i get that way  

lady silver45

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items