[PRP -West] I'll stay, if you will let me. F

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:51 pm
User Image

As the female wandered into an unfamiliar land, she looked and listened closely. She was a pretty good fighter, but she didn't exactly want to fight. She just wanted a place to be called home.

Something in the back of Adanna's mind told her to stop. She didn't think she was tired, but she was hungry. She knew if she decided to hunt someone may get angry at her, some one who claimed this her land. She knew it was a rare chance that she would be caught, she was good at being quiet and unseen, but she did not want to chance it.

After a few seconds of conversing with herself she sat down on the ground. She could hear a large body of water, so she had to be by a lake, or something bigger. She stretched her slightly sore muscles and admired her surroundings.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:49 am
User Image

With a warning that their was a stranger within their lands, the Lord had stormed off soon after recieving the news. They were still too small to keep themselves protected, and it was one again a reminder of how vulnerable they were. He hated it.

After wandering for a time, he wondered if perhaps the stranger had already left. This normal routes he knew that strangers could find easily were empty, and every other inch of border land was too large for one lion to cover quickly. He was about to return to call on Akasha to help him when his ears heard the shuffling of movement. Growling softly, his eyes narrowed as he strode to where the sound had emerged from.

"Explain yourself," he commanded, pushing through to foliage to see a white lioness before him.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:18 am
The female took a moment to take in the male before her. He held himself like royalty, or one of the leading males back home. She lowered her head and bent her knees in a sitting bow.

"Sir, my name is Adanna. I have been traveling for a long time. I left my family and my home in search of one that would truly accept me, my ideas, thoughts and my dreams. If you will permit me to live with your family, on your lands I will pull my own and more. I can be whatever you need. I am good with children, and I am a good fighter also." As she spoke she had come out of her bow and looked into the narrowed eyes. She thought she sounded convincing, but he didn't look too happy to see her.

"I am alone. And I am not being searched for. I will leave if you want, but something, I am not sure what, told me to stop here and wait. To be still and not hunt here. Maybe it was my intuition or maybe it was the divine intervention of a god, whatever it was, I will obey your command."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:22 pm
The Lord blinked. That was more than he was expecting. His tail twitched as he thought about what she said. He didn't like anyone crossing into his border lands. Anyone. But knowing that everyone else knew about the alert, he would have to explain something to the Lady. She would want to know who, and what. And he was still racked enough with guilt that he wouldn't lie to her. The Lady was convinced that they needed to keep everyone they could, as it would be the best way for the House to grow strong, sooner. He disagreed, but he didn't know what else to do. So for now, she would win.

"You ask a lot of someone you do not know," he replied coldly, raising his head slightly. She seemed...confident. He wasn't sure how to approach it, but it was obvious that she wouldn't be as difficult as Akasha was when they first butted heads.

Of course, if she left her old home for her old ideas, she could be a lot of trouble indeed.

"Why should I accept the pleas of a stranger? You have manners, but your tonuge is a little...loose for my taste." He exhaled through his nose with a huff. "Though you were smart enough to not hunt here; you would have been in more trouble than you are now." Not that there was much to catch in this part of their lands, but enough for a sad excuse of a meal.

He watched her carefully, more concerned with her body language than anything. It would alert him to anything that she might not be telling him. Even if she was quite frank with him abruptly.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:52 pm
She had given him a lot of information. Way more that he seemed to be expecting, how interesting. He had to be worried, or expecting someone. Why else would a leader meet a stranger? Where were the guards that usually patrolled? Or a leader's posse that followed him around?

She lowered her eyes and listened. So she was right not to hunt. If he wanted her to leave she would ask to what extent the lands were his. "I know I ask a lot. Perhaps you do not understand my reasons for leaving. My family lived in a very male dominated group. Females were to tend to the cubs, and provide food for her mate and children. The males did all the leading and guarding, and sometimes they hunted if they thought their mate couldn't provide. My father was an important member. He was in charge of their spies, and a leader of our part of the group.

"I was the only female born to his mate. I was better than my brother's at my father's work and I had more patience than them. As I grew older the elders and the males in charge figured out that I was being trained and kept me to the dens and small hunting area. None of the females were to listen to me and my 'ideas.' I assure you, sir, that my ideas are not horrible."

Adanna looked him straight in the eye and confessed, "They consist of females being leaders, having power and not having to only bear cubs and find food for a lazy male." She then lowered her eyes to not offend him or seem like she was challenging him.

"This stranger is willing to not become one. As I have said before, I can pull my own. I've wrestled with my brothers and even though the group didn't want a female to know ways of spying, war, and battle, my father still taught me because he saw past my gender and saw my potential."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 am
Zahi wanted to yawn, but he hid it well. Still, he looked a little oddly at the female. "Perhaps you have all these feministic views, but if you want to stay here you will still have a male above you." He twitched his tail, referring to himself. "Sure, we have equal opportunity, but there's always the chance of males above you."

He had to figure this one out. But if she knew something of being sneaky, perhaps she would work out well for their shinobi. Hmmm. He would think about it.

"While you might detest the idea of hunting, we have very few hunters here. You'll be asked to hunt for those that cannot, at least until we have hunters to depend on. You'll also be asked to keep an eye on the brats, since we've got more of them than we do adults. Little buggers are hard to keep track of." Ugh, brats. "Seems like you would fit best as a guard, though."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:50 am
Sweet success! Adanna nodded her head. "I do not mind having to answer to males, only being ordered around like a slave that I mind." This was too good to be true. He was actually thinking of letting her stay.

"I'll get used to the tasks that you give me. And I love cubs. Thank you." She was simply glowing with happiness. "Is there anything I should keep in mind while I am part of your pride?" She wanted to know as much as possible so she could make this lion, who had decided to take her in even though she was..what did she call her ideas...feministic. There had to be hope for the males. They weren't all cruel, demanding and evil.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:04 am
Ugh, someone else who loved the little runts. That was fine with him. She would probably do a better job with them than he ever could. He had little patience for them.

He huffed at her other question. It made sense, but he never really thought about things to mention until it was too late. Ah. Name. That would work.

"I'm Lord Xiongwei of this pride. You are in the West House of the Tianxia Empire. Lady Ren is my mate. You'll meet her sometime in the future. I'll be the one over you if you're a guard, but she takes my place if I am not around." Sometimes he needed to travel here and there. While he was a Lord, he didn't sit down and order others very well. Well, he did order, but he didn't just loaf around like a hippo.

"There is another guard of ours you'll meet as well, though she's probably off storming the lands making sure that no others strangers are around."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:12 am
Making mental notes she nodded. "So my duties are to hunt, guard lands, and play cubsitter. I'll be happy to be a guard for you, Lord Xiongwei." She smiled and then bowed.

This was almost perfect. He hadn't banished her to the dens, or told her she wasn't to talk and put thoughts into the youth's heads. And to top it off, he let his mate step in instead of a general.

With a growl from her stomach, Adanna blushed. "Sorry. What is our hunting lands in this Empire? I think I may need to grab some food."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:28 am
He grunted. Figured. "Well, there's few things here. Hare is common, with some mountain goats that come down from the highest reaches of the mountains. The border is easy enough to find if you look for the scent. Even outside of the Tianxia borders is fine. If you go more east from here," he said with a nod behind him. "You'll be impeading on Central territory. You should avoid that area unless ordered to. The Central House is home to the Emperor and Empress. Their will is our will, and they have the strongest authority over everyone." He didn't want his neck in trouble if she overstepped her bounds.

"Anywhere West from Central is our lands, and thus free for hunting," he clarified with a swish of his tail.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:35 am
Nodding, Adanna looked at the lord. "Should I bring back some extra kills? And I promise to keep myself out of trouble, and keep the good name of the West house."

She swished her tail waiting. Old habits die hard, she was still waiting to be dismissed, she didn't really like that she waited, but it was a very old habit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:50 am
Zahi nodded. "It would be benefical if you manage to get anything extra. The brats probably need to get used to real meat soon." Plus the nannies might need a meal that they didn't have to get themselves after spending the whole day with the kids.

"I will see you later, then," he said, turning to head back to home. The Lady would certainly want a report, though he didn't know how much detail he would go into. She would need to meet with her anyway, so Mio could figure out what she wanted to with this new female that they aquired in an odd way.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:03 am
Adanna had gotten up after Zahi had. She stretched and then trotted off to the west to find some hares, a couple for everyone and one for herself. She thought that the whole encounter had gone very well.

She was curious about the lady. Would she be like her mother had been, submissive but leading? Or maybe she was the one who truly lead the house.

Letting her nose search for games, she ran off at the scent of hares and some strange new plant.  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games