Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Game Ideas? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:16 am
Has anyone out there had an idea and thought, "Wow, this might make a good videogame? If so, what was the idea?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 am
To create a psychologically-tortured main character under the leash of what appears to be the love child of Darth Sideous, Dr. Hannibal Lecter, and Super Saiyan Hitler to formulate a number of death traps for various heroes that attempt to stop them from taking over the world. It creates a unique side, gives a lot of development for character, has a ton of possible directions to go for battles and levels (combining a simple 'tower defense' design with real-time strategy and traditional RPG's combined with puzzle-based 3D bosses), and can create a genuinely compelling story without being too overbearing. It's different, it's funky fresh, and it's neato, now yell at Kojima or someone to make it so that I can see it in movie form.  

Warped Mr I

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 am
An idea I had was for a game called Composition X. Essentially, you play as the janitor for an adhesives and consruction materials company called Compositions Inc. One day, the military comes in and shoots up the place, but you manage to escape with a top secret suit, which was hastily given to you by the CEO. You put on the suit, which allows you to change your body's state of matter and composition. You could make yourself a rubber man, be super dense to cruch tanks, and glide through the air in a super light form, as well as other things (a gas form, a liquid form, ect.). It would have a bit of platforming, with combat revolving about using the suit's power's interchangably (for instance, having rubber arms, grabbing two posts and slingshotting yourself at an enemy, turning yourself into a super-dense cannonball in mid-air). You would also be free to roam an entire city.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:38 am
I love RPGs. And I'm always wondering what would make the perfect, classic RPG.
And I always settle to knights, princes, and princesses. Yeah, I'm a real romantic.

But isn't that what most RPGs centered around back in the day? I grew up playing games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy (the SNES ones), and Tales of Phantasia and it was all about swords and shields and WAAARRR~! D8<

...I just love stories like that. ; 3;

So to sum up an idea I've had:

A Princesses remains the only heir to her country's throne. She is advised to marry the Prince from their neighboring country to form an alliance and to strengthen her country's defenses. She and the Prince have agreed to meet at the border to confirm their engagement. Until then the one responsible for the Princesses' safety is the son of the late General, who despises the royals.

And thus a great romance begins. D8<
A story like this would also hit the politics genre, which I am horrible at describing.  

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:43 pm
To be locked in a mental institution and through whatever means you have to escape. And no, I don't mean grab a gun and shoot your way out, I mean convince the NPCs you're sane.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 pm
Haratio TaFotter
An idea I had was for a game called Composition X. Essentially, you play as the janitor for an adhesives and consruction materials company called Compositions Inc. One day, the military comes in and shoots up the place, but you manage to escape with a top secret suit, which was hastily given to you by the CEO. You put on the suit, which allows you to change your body's state of matter and composition. You could make yourself a rubber man, be super dense to cruch tanks, and glide through the air in a super light form, as well as other things (a gas form, a liquid form, ect.). It would have a bit of platforming, with combat revolving about using the suit's power's interchangably (for instance, having rubber arms, grabbing two posts and slingshotting yourself at an enemy, turning yourself into a super-dense cannonball in mid-air). You would also be free to roam an entire city.

Would you have a system built for each state - kind of like Masks in Majora's Mask - or would they flow into eachother and have traits from each state no matter what you're doing?  

Jonnnn

RecycledBabies

Shy Fatcat

12,725 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:51 pm
This should've been done along time ago and i'm not sure if anyone has posted the idea on this topic yet
but A POKEMON MMO FUUUCCK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:58 pm
Jonnnn
Haratio TaFotter

Would you have a system built for each state - kind of like Masks in Majora's Mask - or would they flow into eachother and have traits from each state no matter what you're doing?

You would have to switch between them on the fly, each with specific strengths and weaknesses.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:12 pm
RecycledBabies
This should've been done along time ago and i'm not sure if anyone has posted the idea on this topic yet

Been posted and talked about quite a few times here actually, though that was a while ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:55 pm
nitnit
RecycledBabies

Been posted and talked about quite a few times here actually, though that was a while ago.

Well I just recently joined
and hate reading long posts
so I wouldn't know

RecycledBabies

Shy Fatcat

12,725 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:37 pm
Actually there are a couple pokemon "mmos" out there, but they're all pretty bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 pm
I was thinking about a 3D Pokemon game. Like the Rescue series, but you control one Pokemon at a time, switching once the one in control faints or you switch. you have the the D-Pad for movement, L being jump, R being crouch, and A, B, X, and Y for designated moves. Also, with certain Pokemon, hold L to fly and R to dig/dive depending on type/moves. Also, the menu would be like from the classic Pokemon games: Pokedex, party, items, etc.  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:04 pm
dracokagebuyo
I was thinking about a 3D Pokemon game. Like the Rescue series, but you control one Pokemon at a time, switching once the one in control faints or you switch. you have the the D-Pad for movement, L being jump, R being crouch, and A, B, X, and Y for designated moves. Also, with certain Pokemon, hold L to fly and R to dig/dive depending on type/moves. Also, the menu would be like from the classic Pokemon games: Pokedex, party, items, etc.

I've literally been thinking this game out for... eight years, from when I was 6~7, I forget.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 am
dracokagebuyo
dracokagebuyo

I've literally been thinking this game out for... eight years, from when I was 6~7, I forget.

I have thought of the same before xD and i still believe that would bring life into the pokemon series. Instead of giving us pokemon that are more sci fi ish than the last batch. I dont want to see Charmander V2.0 in Pokemon Coal/Quartz/Topaz  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 pm
They're probably coming out with something none-mineral related.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff