Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:03 pm
User Image

It wasn't atypical to find Ari in other house territories. After all, she was heiress. It was her duty to get around, find information on the houses her parents ruled, and that she would eventually rule herself. So knowing your pride, the entire thing, was important.

Some ways to actually find out about the status of the pride, she'd discovered, was simply wandering the lands, seeing the how they were, as in prey, and, sometimes chatting with the commoners worked pretty well. They were like informal-but-kinda-formal visits.

Which is why Ari found herself here, on West House territories. A simple day of walking around and doing her royal job. Yaaay.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:17 pm
User Image

Still fairly new to the pride and her West house home, Adanna had taken it upon herself to get the lay of her house's lands before the other lands.

She stretched, something that had become a habit of hers when she wandered about, and headed away from the dens. She wandered about making mental images of her route, and of the trees, bushes and pebbles around her.

Of course she was quiet, she had yet to grow out of the old habit of having to sneak around the roguelands, and her own home. She had yet to truly make her mark in the pride, and was hoping that she would be able to make a difference.

As she wandered she came across a little lioness. Without trying to startle the little one she spoke softly. "Little one, why did you stray from your nanny? She must be awfully worried. Can I take you back to her?"

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Ari's ears swiveled to the direction of the sound, and she soon turned completely, finding herself in the presence of a white and blue female. This was obviously not a West royal, as she'd met the two. But what was most curious was.. what she said.

Stray from your.. nanny? Little one? Despite her usual proper, politeness, Ari was left staring at the lioness for a few moments like she had a horn growing off her nose. Didn't this lioness.. know who she was? "Excuse me? " She asked, an ear flattening slightly in confusion.

"Who are you? "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:36 pm
She stared at the cub with the same disbelief and curiosity. This little one looked a lot like the Emperor and Emperess. Maybe she was related to them.

It took another moment of staring for her to figure out the relation between the royalties and the one in front of her. "Your young highness!" Squeaked Adanna. She took a couple steps back and lowly bowed to the girl. "Please forgive me. I didn't know it was you. I...I thought you were a wandering youth. I'm Adanna, please forgive me."

She kept her low bow even after she was done talking. She didn't want to offend the heiress any more than she already had. It was just perfect, Adanna hadn't even gotten a lay of the lands and she had encountered the next empress. She was representing her house poorly.

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:46 pm
Ah, finally she got it. Ari flicked her tail, watching the lioness bow down and apologize. She was quietly amused by this, but still somewhat irritated at not having been recognized in the first place. She sat down, her tail curled neatly around her paws and watched the lioness critically for a few more moments before nodding. "Alright, alright, Adanna. " She sighed. She supposed not everyone knew how she looked.

But the lioness did get kudos for catching on pretty 'quickly' after her mistake. "Are you new in these lands? "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:22 pm
She sat down and smiled weakly at her. "Was it that easy to tell?" She nodded her head, "As new as any random rouge." She again treid to smile, but somehow she felt weird smiling. It felt as if she was evilly smiling at her. "If you do not mind, may I question why you are alone? Surely the heiress would have some form of protection from cubnappers."  

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:28 pm
"It was pretty obvious. " She replied bluntly, tail tip twitching. Anyone who's been here a bit longer would know who the heiress was, only a newcomer would have an excuse not to. Ari paused at the question slightly, flicking her tail.

"We're still somewhat deep in pridelands, rogues aren't supposed to manage this far. In any case, I have some lions within earshot. " She shrugged, it was actually a lie, as they still didn't have enough members to offer her personal bodyguards, but this was something the lioness didn't need to know. And, considering how good a liar Ari was, she probably wouldn't.

"What's your task? "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:32 pm
The older female shrugged her shoulders. She didn't have the sense of anyone watching them, but there had to be sneakier lions than her. Adanna nodded her head in somewhat approval. "I am a royal guard for the Lord and Lady of the West house. I'm getting a lay of the land right now. How about you? What brings you out here, I hadn't been told of a royal visit."  

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:36 pm
"I see. " Ari nodded slightly, but was quietly growing irritated by the lioness' questions. Usually, people didn't just go.. questioning the heiress like that. But she kept calm. "I'm the heiress, its my job to know how the lands are doing, and taking informal walks are good ways to find out. " Not everything was worth mentioning to the lords and ladies anyway. But even the tiniest bit of information more could be useful.

"Do you have a proper name yet? "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:55 pm
Perhaps she was going about being able to speak up all wrong. Back home, females weren't allowed to speak out of turn, maybe it was the same here for lower ranks. "I do not know. What do you mean by that? I was born Adanna, then the name MingXia."  

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 pm
"MingXia, yes. That would be your proper name. The one you use in the pride, among pridemembers. " So this lioness was still fuzzy on the whole name customs thing. Well, she supposed that was alright. Newbie, and all.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:27 pm
This wasn't going too well. Maybe she could make it up to her. "Can I accompany you on your journey? I would feel better knowing that your highness would be in the care of a guard, and I could see more land."  

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:56 pm
Uh oh. More time with this lady? Um... no thanks. "That won't be necessary. " In other words, hell no. "I appreciate your offer, but I can fare on my own. " Please don't insist. Besides, Ari had a feeling that if she did take up this lioness' offer, it'd be a bit too much walking and talking about.. nothing, ugh. Just weird silence.

Or worse, Adanna might try smalltalk. Ohnooo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:41 am
She gave her a weird look. Clearly she wasn't wanted. The heiress was one to be minded. A lion could get kicked out if she didn't listen to those in charge. "Are you sure? I am aware that there are not enough lions to go around, and we've seen more rogues. I'll not be a bother, besides I'll probably keep running into you if you are wandering and so am I."

Ada had found another person to prove herself to. The cub didn't think Ada should be around, and she disagreed. She'd stick with Ari for a little longer, Ada would leave once she felt the cub was safe.

Carmel-Filled TeaCup

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:16 am
Damn, she insisted. Ari flicked her tail in irritation, standing up to leave. But before leaving, she wanted to be sure this moron wasn't going to keep following her. "I wouldn't have said it if I weren't sure. " She replied, a bit of acid tinting her voice. "And how much of a bother you'd be is up to me to decide. Considering how you're a bother right now, I find it highly unlikely that you'd be any different following me around after I've said I don't want you to. " She'd snort, but that's horribly unladylike.

No means no, lady. "MingXia, you're new here and I'm sure you're trying to impress. This is not how you do it. " Despite her annoyance, Ari was keeping a business-like, almost monotonous voice while addressing the west guard, sounding like she meant business obviously came easily for her. "Now, if you'll excuse me, " No, you don't really have a say in this. "I'll be on my way, and I suggest you be on yours. Have a good day, MingXia. " And with that, the heiress turned around, promptly walking away from the older female to continue her walk, without waiting on a reply.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff