Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
Car Boot Sale

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:12 am
I went to a car boot sale this morning and was wondering do they have car boot sales wherever everyone is?
Obviously those in the UK do...
I know from tv America has yard sales.

Anywho it was awesome, I bought a pile of n64 games and a really old dance mat (I never had one when they were popular and I was curious sweatdrop )

Actually now I think about it the US won't have 'em 'cos they call them trunks not the boot...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:18 am
I suck at the dance mat... xp  

Parasox v2

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:38 am
what IS a car boot sell ?

i know of yard sales/garage sells same thing different name to a region

flea markets large public place hosting a collection of vendors all selling items for cheap, 95% of the items sold are used or out dated items.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:01 am
Basically a load of people selling stuff out the back of their cars in a field. It's usually a load of rubbish, old clothes, ornaments, toys and gardening stuff but you can get old games, books and music and if you look hard enough you can get some good stuff really cheap ^_^
I guess it's the same sort of thing  

Parasox v2

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:06 pm
Well Ive lived in England so yes ive been to many car boot sales. And Ive lived in Canadian and i have to say no they dont. Yard sales are pretty common though in the summer. Its about the same but uslly a whole apartment building will do one together  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:35 pm
Note to self, alcohol does not make dancing games easier sweatdrop  

Parasox v2

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:40 pm
A little bit actually does improve your coordination, but a lot doesn't... unless you're playing air hockey xd

I've never seen people sell junk out of their trunk in the U.S., only in their yard and on eBay. We do have Flea Markets where people get together inside a building and sell their junk.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:23 pm
Flea markets are people being mobile with their stuff.

Some neighborhoods around here have their yard sales all the same weekend. The biggest one is the kickoff for the yard sale season, it's on a island of sorts and you can only get their over one bridge. If the bridge is up nobody moves!  

Salmay
Captain
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces