Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Piercings causing great energy disturbance?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:04 pm
While researching information on navel (bellybutton) piercings, I came across a website that contained rather peculiar information.

It started out explaining acupuncture, and how it's believed that disturbances in energy are what cause illness in the body. It also showed a line going down the front of a body that was the major energy points that were most sensitive to change and therefor more likely to be the cause of illness.

From there, it focused on saying that in acupuncture, excluding the most extreme cases, the area around the navel is never touched. They believe it is THE MOST SENSITIVE parts and that even positive tampering can cause great illness and even death.

It claimed that piercing your bellybutton is a major risk that can potentially end up harming you more than you think.

Source

Note that my post was based on memory after reading it a week ago. Actual information in source may not be identical but should be mostly similar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:58 pm
My mom got her naval pierced, and she's just fine. confused

I know piercings in the ears are related to releasing energy (hence why many Renisance[sp?] sailors and pirates had earrings).  

Jameta
Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:29 am
I had my bellybutton pierced last December, and apart from being a considerable mistake (bloody thing migrated too much to hold a ring any more and wouldn't heal properly) I'm fine. although I can see it causing an energy disturbance. I think any sort of piercing would, simply because you're puncturing a hole in your body. Of course you're going to release energy! Although it could be completely unrelated, I know my Craft wasn't working properly until just before I got my tattoo, which seems to have helped matters greatly.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:34 am
I have 6 piercings in my ear and my eye brow pierced, they never bother me o.O;  

QueenCrystal

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:37 pm
I've got six piercings in my right ear, five in my left, my nose, and my bellybutton pierced and nothing has happened to me. Heck, none of my piercings even got infected! I'm sure there could be some truth in certain cases, but not all of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:38 am
I feel it probably depends on how sensitive you are to energy flows. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

Kraeven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:11 am
Wow, this makes me think now. I had origionally Planned on getting 20 peircings all in my face or head.

10-to my ears, 5 in each.
3-to my eyebrows, 1 in the left 2 in the right
4-for my lip(1) and librette(3)
2-for my nose, left side and the center piece.
1-for the bridge of my nose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:21 am
Interesting. 3nodding I have three piercings in each ear, and I want to do my belly button and eyebrow later on. o_O I wonder if anything will happen. I'll post back here after I get my next piercing and note if anything changed at all. =D

Amyane

Leith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:20 pm
Well, so far I have peirced my left ear 7 times, right 3 times, eyebrow twice, bellybutton twice. And no, I do not still have all of them. I only have 2 (Left ear) My body rejected the pearcing gun studs. I'm apparently alergic to sterling silver.(No werewolf jokes, please) It has to be specially treated or some s**t. But, no I did not feal worse after, except for a bit of soreness. I actually have been feeling better over time, and plan to get more peircings soon (Profesionally done this time)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:13 am
As a former employee of a body mod shop, as well as having several of my own piercings (two 8 ga. in each ear and a labret) I have a few pointers on the subject:

Silver is not recommended for any initial piercing, along with many other metals; the ones most commonly used are implant grade 316L surgical steel, or titanium. Most other metals are far too porous, thus creating opportunities for bacteria to grab hold and multiply. (And yes, professionally done piercings are the way to go; they might cost some money, but the pro's outweigh the con's; I've seen many an infected home done piercing come through the shop...eww.)

Another thing I recommend staying away from are piercing guns; not only do they hurt more, but you cannot sterilize the gun between uses, only the needle used.

I personally have had no problems regarding spellcrafting with my jewelry in; the way I look at it (once again in my own little shamanic POV) is that many cultures have had piercings dating back thousands of years, usually as a symbol of status, passage into adulthood, etc. Also, a wide variety of materials were used; bone, wood, clay, along with metal.

blukattt
Crew

Mor Righ Anu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:51 pm
I only have my ears pierced. sweatdrop I do not think of pucturing any other part. simply because it wouldn't look good on me. But I am thinking of getting a blue dragon tatoo on my shoulder blade adn see if I cna have the tail wrap around my upper arm a bit. sweatdrop

I have had my ears pierced since I was three. I can not for some reason keep them in. My ears are not infected or anything. It just.. well I don't know. Uncomfortable. ninja i am 23 now. And they are still pierced.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:47 pm
It may also depend on the type of metal that you are pierced with, or which you keep in; simply because of certain metals properties. If your belly button ring has plasty/silicon pieces (like most seem to now) then it may act as an insulator instead of a conductor and negote any effects. But if you use a more stronger conducting metal or a highly disruptive metal (especially one sensitive to your particular skin and energy type) then of course it may disrupt your energy flow and you may become sick. In my ears I use copper; but because of my energy type I need a constant outlet for energy hense I use highly conductive metals. But my top right ear, I have my cartilage pierced in which I ONLY use pewter. For the reason that it is attuned to me, my needs, and will ensure that I don't over exert myself ((kind of like a natural meter)) And I do also agree that it may have to do with how sensitive you are to energy flow, and energy waves in general; if your not someone who typically works within that field or are remotely attatched you may not feel any of the particular effects at all.

Just throwin in my theories and perspectives
~Asha

Naomi Tinuveil

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:12 am
blukattt
And yes, professionally done piercings are the way to go; they might cost some money, but the pro's outweigh the con's; I've seen many an infected home done piercing come through the shop...eww.
Speaking of my own little experience with "home-made" piercings, it is much better to go to a professional, as she are not only trained in how to do it, but for any intial reactions-

A friend of mine could not stand the sidght of blood, but was convinced by a little brat of a freshman to have his ear-pierced at school with a sewing needle. Well, the moment after she and her pals did it, my friend went into a state of shock. Being the great individuals they were, they left him; another friend of mine went over to his side. I, naturally, was a little freaked, and had no idea what was happening, so I talked to him loudly. sweatdrop After a few moments, he leaned over to the side and puked (not normal puke, either xp ), then kinda' snapped out of it.

Clearly, if he had gone to a professional, they would have known how to properly handle such a situation.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games