Reply Adult Furries Guild
Musings: CB,GD,HO style threads

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Chatter Box, General Discussion and Hangouts, for those curious.

Just king of been going over some thoughts of things we could be doing around the guild and wanted to have a bit more open discussion about it for all the guild to see over being exclusive to the mods.

At the moment what I am musing over is a new chatter box/hangout/general discussion type thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:16 am
Is there any need for it? The "lobby" of the guild has served well, all it needs is a little cleaning. The mods could filter through the topics, deleting ones that havent had a post in over a month. So the front isnt as busy looking. There have been some topics that havent had a post in it since last year. I know there are at least 4 pages of topics on the main page.
I do like your idea of sharing executive decisions with normal members.

EDIT: sweatdrop 4 pages isnt even close, its 25 pages, I just checked.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am
I really do not know if it is necessary or not. It has just been my experience that people tend to enjoy having a central thread where they can find everyone chatting away and hanging out.

Use to be way back when we had several hangout threads going at once, each tending to have its own click of people that were usually there. Nothing against that at all and people are free to make their own general chat threads.

Personally, I kind of wish there was not a CB subforum, since I would prefer to see the majority of the activity here on the main page. Not to mention that people are less likely go venture into subforums as they are to just click on threads they see here on the main page.

Anyway, that is why I made this thread, to discuss topics that impact the guild and this just happen to be a thought that crossed my mind last night. Curious to get as many opinions on the matter as I can.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:34 am
Diana Aries
I really do not know if it is necessary or not. It has just been my experience that people tend to enjoy having a central thread where they can find everyone chatting away and hanging out.

Use to be way back when we had several hangout threads going at once, each tending to have its own click of people that were usually there. Nothing against that at all and people are free to make their own general chat threads.

Personally, I kind of wish there was not a CB subforum, since I would prefer to see the majority of the activity here on the main page. Not to mention that people are less likely go venture into subforums as they are to just click on threads they see here on the main page.

Anyway, that is why I made this thread, to discuss topics that impact the guild and this just happen to be a thought that crossed my mind last night. Curious to get as many opinions on the matter as I can.

Any thought on "taking out the trash"? Cleaning the main topic page.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:37 am
Isaol-the-wolf

Any thought on "taking out the trash"? Cleaning the main topic page.

It is in discussion among the mods, yes.

I should really give a poke to Kriss and J. about this now that you bring up the subject. I am off work this week so have the free time to take care of a lot of the pending matters around the guild.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 am
Personally, the only sub-forum I go into is the Art sub-forum. X3

I also like the idea of creating a general chat-type thread on the main page of the guild. Like you said, most people only check the main page, anyway, and it would cut down on chatting in other threads (where general chatting is less appropriate), I think. 3nodding

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 am
Other than peeking into the moderators forum to keep up to date with things, the only other one I peek into is the chatterbox to see what kind of activity is going on.

The original concept of us having a CB was to keep the main page more for general and and extended discussion and spam free. While as in the CB people are allowed to post whatever silly little thing they desire.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 am
I didnt know the subforums were active, I go there every now and then but its rarely active. That or the topics in the subforums are mainly conversations between two or three people and usualy are exclusive.

EDIT: I went into the RolePlay subforum and there hasnt been a post at all so far this month...maybe deleting the topics, closing it, and having a "grand re-opening" might attract role players back.  

Isaol-the-wolf

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:52 pm
Alright, little update. Kriss has decided to go ahead and move all the thread that are currently in the CB forum and move them to the main page.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 pm
Yeppers, figured we would move the CB first and give it a few days to settle down before deciding if we will also move the rp threads to the main forum or leave them be. Will depend on how active or inactive the main forum remains. <__<  

Krissim Klaw

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:11 pm
If your worried about keeping things 'neat', you could just move old threads to an Archive in case someone really wants to try to re-wake them, if you wanna keep any particular forum from having to many pages.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 pm
Pixeliciousness
If your worried about keeping things 'neat', you could just move old threads to an Archive in case someone really wants to try to re-wake them, if you wanna keep any particular forum from having to many pages.

We will be doing something along those lines for a few of our memorable threads.

Selene Aries

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:27 pm
Ahh okee biggrin

I thought streamlining conversation area's might encourage more conversation via less choices. There's a mathmatic law for this but I can't remember its name.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 am
confused  

Isaol-the-wolf

Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas