Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Mother to be

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MuleQueenie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:26 pm
Okay so my Son is due next month and I'm super excited.
Even though my future husband doesn't have a Religion he accpect my wiccan faith. Also I guess it helps that his brother is a wiccan too. So his family is okay with me wanting to bring up my son in the faith as well.

I sometimes wonder if it's the best idea. I don't want to push into a faith like my family tried with me. I wonder if I should just let him grow and pick his own. I'm also scared because in my side of the family......They're not the best people to take after. So I'm at a stand still.

Anyone have some advice?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 pm
You can't raise someone in the Wiccan faith. It's initiatory. And there's sexual contact involved.... you really DON'T want to raise a kid in a religion like that! wink

Teach your kid about a variety of religions and let him choose for himself. He can participate in your practices if he chooses, or not. *shrug*  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

MuleQueenie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 pm
Yeah I guess your right. I guess I'm just one of thoses moms that wants the best for my child. Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:57 pm
Every mother does. The issue is that, from time to time, what a mother thinks is best isn't necessarily what is best wink

It would be wonderful to share your religion with your child, and of course I imagine you'd be thrilled if he chose a Pagan path, and there's no reason why you can't share your religion with him when he grows up. But there's also no harm in letting him know that there's a variety of religions out there, so that when he's old enough to make that sort of choice, he's educated about it.

You can say "I believe" without saying "we believe" or "you believe".  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas