Submit

July 3rd

Bookworm

8,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:13 am
I'm assuming we've all done gothic things but of course, we didn't start off goth. So, at what point did you consider yourself goth? I'm curious because I can't remember when I became goth. Can you?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:55 pm
I don't think there was ever a transition, really. When I was very little my mom used to play a lot of Christian Death and Joy Division as well as many other goth, post-punk, and deathrock bands(like 24/7) around the house, so the musical taste was pretty much born with me. Apart from that I've always been interested in the darker(albeit stereotypical) subjects over the happy go lucky ways of the world.  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

genji_90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 pm
probably when i first moved about 10 years ago, and i moved to a larger school and just started hanging out with alot of people but perfered my goth and emo friends over all my other friends  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:13 pm
Around 7th grade.  

Angel of the End

July 3rd

Bookworm

8,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm
Angel of the End
Around 7th grade.

Why? What was happening around that time?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 pm
Music Epidemic
Angel of the End
Around 7th grade.

Well, actually, it was just gradual. In 6th started being attracted to the goth style, met wanna-be preps which, of course, also helped move me away from the main stream. I loved evanescence, found other bands like within temptation and nightwish by the 7th grade. Also, the school was so mean, alot of my friends had left, and basically all of them were gone in 8th grade. So I was depressed, kinda alone, being bullied non-stop for being "goth" and "emo", and for just random reasons. My friend who left that year was actually the one who got me into the style and introduced me to it, and I also found out about the gothic lolita style, and in 8th grade I became a huge fan of Dir en Grey. The guy I had a crush on who became my friend was goth at the time and was the one who showed me Diru, and everything else. Basically, it just became so much easier to see the darkness in life, and thinking about death, finding comfort in it, and what not. Also, everyone thought that the drawing model I carried around with me was a voodoo doll.... when it was actually a gift from my English teacher because she loved my art, and I always drew when I was suppose to be doing my work... sweatdrop And thus the beginning.  

Angel of the End

July 3rd

Bookworm

8,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 pm
Angel of the End
Music Epidemic
Angel of the End
Around 7th grade.

Well, actually, it was just gradual. In 6th started being attracted to the goth style, met wanna-be preps which, of course, also helped move me away from the main stream. I loved evanescence, found other bands like within temptation and nightwish by the 7th grade. Also, the school was so mean, alot of my friends had left, and basically all of them were gone in 8th grade. So I was depressed, kinda alone, being bullied non-stop for being "goth" and "emo", and for just random reasons. My friend who left that year was actually the one who got me into the style and introduced me to it, and I also found out about the gothic lolita style, and in 8th grade I became a huge fan of Dir en Grey. The guy I had a crush on who became my friend was goth at the time and was the one who showed me Diru, and everything else. Basically, it just became so much easier to see the darkness in life, and thinking about death, finding comfort in it, and what not. Also, everyone thought that the drawing model I carried around with me was a voodoo doll.... when it was actually a gift from my English teacher because she loved my art, and I always drew when I was suppose to be doing my work... sweatdrop And thus the beginning.

Thats really interesting. Hmm, I wish i'd have started that way, but I don't think that's how I started. I still can't remember mine.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:33 pm
You can't really remember? Hmm, well do you remember around when you started going by this classification?  

Angel of the End

nippIe goblin

Noob

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:17 pm
^_^ I'm still kind of in the transition to tell you the truth. I think goth, but I don't dress goth. Tried, yet epically failed. Mostly because I am raised by my grandmother who thinks studded arm bands and Chain Tripp pants are for bikers. Though my mother, who was once an Metalhead, doesn't mind in the least. ^_^ I have a couple of goth clothing though ;D

So ehehe, Once I turn eighteen thats it Lip ring and all. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:11 pm
We already have many threads on this in this forum, and in the Extended Dicussion forum.

Here is one.

This thread is being locked.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out