Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
OMFG! Obamassiah! Pirates! Is this making anybody else mad? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:09 pm
Since that captain was rescued last sunday i have seen nothing but articles praising Obama for his "Brilliant and defining choice to use lethal force". Even though he didn't authorize lethal force until AFTER the Captain tried to swim for it. And you know that Captain knew he was never gonna make it to the ship, he was counting on the men dedicated to his and 300 million other people's protection to take out some pirates while he was out of the way! It was a five day standoff until the pirates were killed, so Obama was sitting on this order for at least two days, excuse me if i'm wrong here, but if you take an American hostage don't you forfit your right to life?

Really i can not express how angry i am at people praising Obama for a decision that should have been made days earlier. Is this just me or are others raging out there also?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 pm
There is a very thin tightrope that every president dating back to Teddy Roosevelt had to walk.

Do we just kill any and all comers involved in piracy and hope they get the idea it isn't worth bothering US flag bearing ships, or do we let the ship owners try and buy their way out as they have for most of the last 100 years.

There is no doubt that people should be angry. But this anger should be leveled against a nation that harbors such people. Just as we are trying to find what's left of Bin Laden's followers in the borderlands of Afghanistan, we should sweep the coasts of Northeast Africa and make damn sure the locals get the picture.

The era of piracy is over. This path leads to death and poverty.

I've also wondered why the ship owners don't bother to field their own paramilitary naval attack crafts, similar to what our Navy SEALs use for their missions? There must be thousands of qualified ex-military personal who would love a crack at this job!  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:43 pm
I'm far more rage'd out over another ******** coming from the Obamanation.

From a Department of Homeland Security report:

Quote:
The return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks

Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists,” it says. “DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities

It should also be noted that the same report continually referred to acts of terrorism like 9/11 as "man-made disasters".

User Image

Though to be honest I did wonder why they didn't nuke the boat the moment he began swimming.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:06 am
Fresnel

Quote:
The return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks

Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists,” it says. “DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities

Ah, well that's great.
We've got people in the government calling our Veterans baby killers.
Fantastic.

Make the biggest sacrifice, make the biggest gamble and the ******** back home will treat you like s**t.  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 am
Floyd
There is a very thin tightrope that every president dating back to Teddy Roosevelt had to walk.

Do we just kill any and all comers involved in piracy and hope they get the idea it isn't worth bothering US flag bearing ships, or do we let the ship owners try and buy their way out as they have for most of the last 100 years.

There is no doubt that people should be angry. But this anger should be leveled against a nation that harbors such people. Just as we are trying to find what's left of Bin Laden's followers in the borderlands of Afghanistan, we should sweep the coasts of Northeast Africa and make damn sure the locals get the picture.

I've also wondered why the ship owners don't bother to field their own paramilitary naval attack crafts, similar to what our Navy SEALs use for their missions? There must be thousands of qualified ex-military personal who would love a crack at this job!

I agree with killing pirates of any nation, be it Somalia, US, or any other. The thing with Somalia is that they have no real government and it looks like it will stay that way for quite some time. As for attack craft and arms, other countries are paranoid that the ship can launch a minor attack against them. I would love to see basic weapons training on the class schedule though...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:33 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Floyd

I agree with killing pirates of any nation, be it Somalia, US, or any other. The thing with Somalia is that they have no real government and it looks like it will stay that way for quite some time. As for attack craft and arms, other countries are paranoid that the ship can launch a minor attack against them. I would love to see basic weapons training on the class schedule though...
I'm wondering why these people don't arm themselves when they're on these boats. One or two paramilitary-trained shiphands could EASILY repel Somalian ******** if they shoot anything like Liberians (and I bet they do).  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 pm
Fresnel

Quote:

It should also be noted that the same report continually referred to acts of terrorism like 9/11 as "man-made disasters".

User Image

Though to be honest I did wonder why they didn't nuke the boat the moment he began swimming.

Yeah, i know, the only plausabile reason would be they had orders not to fire? And that makes you wonder where that order came from.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:40 pm
What really pisses me off is that now other Somalian pirates are talking about killing the crews of any ships they take.

I have four ideas to quickly remedy this situations, though I guarantee you they'll never happen under the Obamassiah:

1. Train and arm the crew of the ships so they can fight back. I guarantee you that the an American-trained crew would be more than capable of taking out a few Somali ******** in dinghies.

2. Have a U.S. aircraft carrier group patrol the Somalian coastline. You'd have to be really stupid to attempt piracy when a Nimitz is patrolling nearby.

3. Kill any pirates found, period.

4. If these don't get the point across, for every crew killed, bomb a Somalian village on the coastline. The pirates may not care about a few innocent lives, but they'll find it a little more difficult to recruit from nearby towns when the boys they drug up are blown to bits.

On a separate note, my dad's 2nd cousin new a few of the crew members on board the ship that was attacked. He trained at the California Maritime Academy in Vallejo.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:16 pm
Some of these freighter captains need to go talk to FN about their HIWS.

User Image

I think that could sink a dinghy. Also, shotguns. I'd bet shotgun > battle rifle when on board a ship.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:21 pm
Lynch mob?  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:30 pm
Fresnel

I think that could sink a dinghy. Also, shotguns. I'd bet shotgun > battle rifle when on board a ship.

Personaly i would have a couple men armed with .50 rifles. Put a round through the dinghy and its game over, and if you miss you scare the ever loving piss out of them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:54 pm
If I was Head Cheese, you can bet the captain and a team of SEALS would be motor-boating away from the pirate ship in time for a dramatic explosion behind them as the ship is blown to smithereens with C4 on the fuel tanks six hours after I heard about it.

Of course I know little about the politics of such events, which is why I'm not Head Cheese, but there you have it. I really don't think there's any excuse for the slowness of his reaction.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:49 pm
ArmasTermin
If I was Head Cheese, you can bet the captain and a team of SEALS would be motor-boating away from the pirate ship in time for a dramatic explosion behind them as the ship is blown to smithereens with C4 on the fuel tanks six hours after I heard about it.

Of course I know little about the politics of such events, which is why I'm not Head Cheese, but there you have it. I really don't think there's any excuse for the slowness of his reaction.
The problem is that there is no Jolly Roger any more. You don't know they're pirates until that fishing trow that was coming suspiciously close drops a zodiac filled with angry negroes toting old-model Soviet weapons. If you're not lucky you don't see the zodiac, and you don't know that ship was full of pirates until you're bleeding on the deck plates.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:55 pm
Keeping armed men on alert to your surroundings will help.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:15 pm
war_junky 91
Fresnel

Personaly i would have a couple men armed with .50 rifles. Put a round through the dinghy and its game over, and if you miss you scare the ever loving piss out of them.
What, a half-inch hole in a wooden-hulled skiff? Kind of piddly-s**t. One guy with a bucket could bail fast enough to keep the boat from sinking. Shotguns are where it's at. 12 gauge (.73) > .50.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff