Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Paradox? Or just unanswered?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

Alright, so we know that manga Princess Serenity and Neo-Queen Serenity both had silver hair during their lives. But I came across this (or rather, remembered it) when I opened up vol. 2 of the manga

Here's Serena as Serenity after a battle on top of Tokyo Tower. No one acknowledges her appearence change (not really, anyway)

And then there's this. It takes place a couple of days after the said attack, and all the Scouts and cats are freaking (sorry I couldn't get the whole picture).

Now, are they all freaking out because her hair just got longer, or because her hair changed color AND got longer?
(And sorry about the quality. I took these with my camera phone)

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 pm
maybe they didn't freak out when serena's serenity since she's in her said transform state of moon princess. they freaked out in the second picture since her hair stayed that way and didn't change back. well, that's what i think.  

Lay-San

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:58 pm
:runs to get manga:
Okay, what I think is..[and this is purely my own speculation]

Before the crying scene [your first image] along with Sailor Moon, the rest of the girls get their memory back. When Usagi was the princess, she had very long hair, so there wasn't anything wrong with her having long hair when she's in the princess getup. Besides, with all that was going on [regaining memory, boyfriend getting stolen away etc etc], would they really be worried about how Usagi looked?

If you keep reading, you find that more or less an entire week has passed between the princess incident and when the girls come over to Usagi's house [your second image]. The growing hair must have been something gradual because Usagi mentions that it rapidly started to grow, and someone else comments that it was quite long while she was a princess.

SO...
princess = long hair
Usagi = well..long hair but not trailing the ground long
If we follow that logic every time Usagi changes into her princess [and later queen] appearance, her hair will simultaniously get longer, and then shorten once she turns back into her normal body. If you're curious, a very good scene that demonstrates the REALLY long hair thing is right after the final battle with the Dead Moon Circus [right before Saturn brings the four spheres that contain the Amazones Quartet], you see that once again Usagi [this time as queen] has extremely long hair.

I don't know if this detail was left out of the translated version [I noticed in your scans that it was in English], and I have the original Japanese manga. It might have been one of those small details that the translators didn't think we'd care too much about.

Oh, and please excuse my tense butchering...it kicks my butt quite often..  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:15 pm

==========
A very small degree of hope

I kinda agree with you JuilianFai, it had to be a gradual thing since Serena hadn't left her room for at least a few days to a week and she didn't even say anything about it. And I remember that scene with the defeat of the DMC; Luna said it "looks like a coronation ceremony".

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:28 pm
Considering that I have the Japanese manga, I had no idea what was even going on in that segment sweatdrop Now I know though. I think the points are valid. Art of any kind is left up to interpretation of the audience. Who knows what they were thinking when they wrote it. Most of the time, some writers do these jumps that make no sense, but they keep the story going hoping readers won't notice and editors just let it go so they can make the money off of the sales. Funness.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games