Submit

Think it'll happen?
  Yeah
  No
  CHUCK NORRIS?!
View Results

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:00 am
Mmhmm. 2 days ago, the state legislature of Texas announced that in the unforeseen future they want to be known as the Republic of Texas, meaning they'll no longer be part of the United States. Apparently, they're still butthurt over how things went during the Civil War, and they're still carrying that grudge. They've even selected a possible president, and this is where it starts to sound like a joke.

Republic of Texas's inaugural president? Chuck Norris.

Out of sheer disbelief I had to check the sources. Apparently it's all legitimate. The state counsel released a .pdf file with all the information.

Will it ever happen? I highly doubt it. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:43 am
If it dose happen will the united states deffend it? I mean if they want to go through all this troble to get away would it be worth the US intrest to defend the R.O.T. I dont think it will happen. I mean come on thats just stupid who would want to sperate. They would need to build an army and the they cant us the US troops. So they would need to build an army from nothing. Lol kinda funny If you think about it. Our biggest state would be ether Alaska or California.  

Andy _1134

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:48 am
Alaska already is the biggest state. The second largest would be california if Tekas broke off...

Hee hee, R.O.T. I like that acronym. Rot. lol, that's what would happen I think, no offense to any Texas people.

Chuck Norris? serious? shouldn't they have Bush? xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:52 am
Lol I tend to get Texas and Alsaka mixed up for the biggest.
If Chuck Norris was their President we would be scrwed if they started war with us.  

Andy _1134

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 am
Would it technically be a war?
Our army vs. their... president. Alone.
Nah, we'd lose.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 am
Oh man. That would be hilarious.

With Texas as a fledgling country, it'd probably be easy to storm and take over.....

No, I am not plotting anything! sweatdrop

That would be pretty interesting if they went through with it and actually left the nation though. We'd be down to 49 states. I liked 50, it was an even number.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:23 am
He'll roundhouse kick Florida into Africa. =(

They way I see it, if they do secede, it'll either get taken over by drug cartels, or there'll just be another America vs. Mexico war over Texas. Happened once. We won. We'll probably win again. Even if they do secede, we'll end up annexing it eventually.

But I think they could build an army. Look at Vatican City. Smallest country in the world. Has it's own army though. All...50 soldiers.

You'd think Bush would be president, but I think they learned their lesson the first time he was elected into a powerful position. Haha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 pm
As a born Texan . . . will I be a foreigner then . . . eek

Super Mega Nope
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out