watchdawg77

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:26 am
User Image

at first I wasn't to keen on Tomoe when i first saw her...but then she kinda grew on me. So i also made this thread for her...btw did anyone think that she looked like megumi when she died?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:57 am
I've only seen Tomoe in Tsioukuhen(sp?). Based on that, I don't really think much of her. She seemed lifeless, almost like an animated doll. I am, however, withholding final judgement on her till I read the Rememberance arc in the manga, as I'm told she's much different in that. I always go by the manga's description of a person since that's right from the creator's mind. I'm sure I'll like her just fine in the manga.

I'm glad Kenshin had someone to help him through those dark times when he was on the virge of madness. LORD knows what he would've been like if she hadn't been there. *shivers at the thought*

By the way, what is the correct pronunciation of her name? Is it to-mo-ay or to-mo? In Japanese, there are no silent vowels, so if she has an E at the end of her name, shouldn't that be pronounced?  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

watchdawg77

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:46 pm
to-mo-ay...in the english version of reflection it's to-mo...which irritates me scream  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:33 pm
watchdawg77
to-mo-ay...in the english version of reflection it's to-mo...which irritates me scream

Its the other way around there sweetheart, in Trust and Betrayal it's To-mo, they corrected it IN Reflection. -nods- rofl  

Enishi-san

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:53 pm
OK then, I'm still confused. Is her name properly pronounced as to-mo or to-mo-ay?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:51 am
to-mo-ay  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:35 pm
Arigatou!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:26 am
Kenshin and Tomoe really look good together. That's why it irks me sometimes when she gets so much bashing especialy around forums in and outside Gaia.

LustrousJade

Miwaslover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:34 am
People will back anything these days if they are mad at themselves. Hell I don't bash characters but I surely bash people. In a sense I like how Tomoe's character outlook is so far. Its more of a mysterious unseen outlook on a not so cliche character. Like Shinobi 1977 said. I won't pass final judgement until the Remembrance Arc ends.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:14 pm
Rememberance Arc? isn't that the Jinchuu Arc?  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

ShintaHimuraSakabatou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:23 pm
3nodding I like Tomoe very much, she's an interesting character and she reminds me of my ex-girlfriend... I don't like to bash any character and I hold back on bashing people  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:02 am
TheIllustriousBlueJay
Rememberance Arc? isn't that the Jinchuu Arc?

The Remembrance arc is a small part of the Jinchuu arc. smile

Tomoe is my favorite female RK character. My user name is based off the perfume scent she wears. ^_^  

hakubaikou

watchdawg77

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:03 am
Enishi-san
watchdawg77

Its the other way around there sweetheart, in Trust and Betrayal it's To-mo, they corrected it IN Reflection. -nods- rofl

gomen...that's what i meant sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:13 pm
I am .. kinda half and half wiht Tomoe. yes its toe-mo-ei

I dont like her because of the fact that she was in on the plan at first to kill Kenshin. But I respect her because she didnt carry trough with it when she fell in love with him.

She was deinftly an interesting character and I think it weill be cool to see what happens with her in the Jinchuu arc.  

Sky~Samurai

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:10 am
I like her alot more in the in the manga then I do in the movies....I don't know...maybe it's just the dubbed verison's voice I don't like.....but for my insane moment of the day: "Sister...my dear sister...why did you have to go away?" cry

rofl

Kenshin just seemed so forgiveing when she told him she was plotting to kill him in Vol 20.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff