4/20
  OMG yummy hashbrownies
  Nazis are bad
  I tried to peel meh self like a satsuma
  Cake time
View Results

xX_Shatered_Moonlight_Xx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:41 pm
So yesterday was 4/20 and the world celebrated. Not because of Hitlers birthday but because of national marijuana day. get stoned and eat a burrito! how did you party?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:47 pm
i am still celebrating 4-40 heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

joziebee

Rabid Bagel Boy Thing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:46 pm
I didn't even remember it was the stoner holiday.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:51 pm
The kids of tomorrow don't need today

I do not celebrate the killing of brain cells due to the consumption of massive amounts of illegal chemicals nor do I celebrate the birthday of a mass murderer.

When they live in the sins of yesterday

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Unlucky Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:04 pm
Tai Takahashi
The kids of tomorrow don't need today

I do not celebrate the killing of brain cells due to the consumption of massive amounts of illegal chemicals nor do I celebrate the birthday of a mass murderer.

When they live in the sins of yesterday

You're the Princess

-Nods in agreement-
I rather like my brain cells, thanks, and mass murderers are insane.

and I'm the Servant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 pm
*wipes blood off self*

That's 420,000 stoners...

...Oh...We were supposed to mass murder stoners? I missed a memo somewhere...

Besides, aren't you a little young to be doing Mary Jane?

Well, go ahead and kill yourself slowly. I'll point and laugh.

*goes back to munching on Chocolated covered Strawberries*  

Kjuroki Kaze

Satanic Kitten
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:12 pm
Leader is highly against the consumption of illegal substances.

Especially since she's a criminal law major.
So please, refrain from talking about it here. It angers Leader.

Plus, 4/20 is actually my 1 year with my boyfriend. So... yeah. Not a stoner holiday. Leader hates stoners.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:54 am
4/20 i do not celebrate.  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

xX_Shatered_Moonlight_Xx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:20 pm
wow, harshin my mellow, but okay and its not illeagal in amsterdam nor in the state of california only is outlawed by federal government and if you don't like it then change the subject, gawd the only day of the year that i get to have fun and you dash it to sh*t. the establishment is holding everybody back, free your minds... but what about salvia? it's only illeagal in 12 states  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 pm
I agree that weed is bad. It doesn't just destroy brain cells but it also causes lung cancer when smoked. There is a reason it's outlawed. And when federal government doesn't recognize a state law that makes it illegal.

I watched Super High Me and after 30 days of smoking a lot of pot the man didn't want to stop and he needed someone to drive him around every where. It's addictive and ruins your health. So sorry if this is 'harshin you mellow' but the truth is better than some 'free your mind' bull crap.

I don't see how a few negative responses on an gaia forum can ruin your stoned fun, either. Why don't you just brush us off and do what you want. -__-

inryokuhime

Tipsy Fairy

undead_officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 am
I find it a bit more interesting the concept of what people believe to be bad and for what reasons, yet without true backing, one can only make assumptions.

As a sense of causing health issues with "marijuana", as it has various strains of variety, inhaling anything aside from N2 at 4/5 and O2at 1/5 is somewhat harmful, even the additional chemicals found in normal air during long-term exposure leads to almost any respiratory illness one can think of. rarely showing first signs until later years in life or even before death depending on quantity, still having to many harmful gasses aside from O and N to begin with, just because its quantity is within -0.1x10 does not stop its lethality.

as my mother always said,"Even to much of a good thing is bad", further illustrates that marijuana has its good traits as it has its bad. You can find it in nearly any large hospital for the terminally ill mainly supplied by Scientific developers, i.e. Texas A&M.

for me as an opinion, the reason for it being illegal compared to other drugs, addictive substances, even lesser impurities, I believe that to be true do to the impairing nature of the drug "marijuana" and the inability to moderate its exposure to the world, i.e. the term weed, growing in abundance from a single seed.

in difference to that of alcohol, which is manufactured, legalized when the prohibition ended in 1933, is an adequate mood inhibitor and quite affective as a destabilizer, so if you do to much, you are pretty much useless.

or cigarettes, moderated, confined, manufactured, sold merely from its addictive qualities. too me, nicotine is a much worse addictive substance than the lower echelons of drugs(i.e. Dextromethorphan, Cannabis, types of Methamphetamine's), mainly do to its availability; being able to walk into a store and buy a pack of Marlboro's, as well as what age you can start using it, i started smoking at sixteen. its highly addictive nature is even comparable to that of heroin.

now to look at cannabis in nature and the affect of lungs:
"April 3, 1997, Los Angeles, CA: Habitual marijuana smokers do not experience a greater annual rate of decline in lung function than nonsmokers, according to the latest findings by researchers at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Medicine. The results of the eight-year study appear in Volume 155 of the American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Donald P. Tashkin, who headed the study, is one of America's foremost experts on marijuana smoking and lung function.

"Findings from the present long-term, follow-up study of heavy, habitual marijuana smokers argue against the concept that continuing heavy use of marijuana is a significant risk factor for the development of [chronic lung disease]," concluded the UCLA study. "Neither the continuing nor the intermittent marijuana smokers exhibited any significantly different rates of decline in [lung function]" as compared with those individuals who never smoked marijuana. Researchers added: "No differences were noted between even quite heavy marijuana smoking and nonsmoking of marijuana." These findings starkly contrasted those experienced by tobacco-only smokers who suffered a significant rate of decline in lung function.

Researchers also failed to find any synergistic effect between marijuana and tobacco cigarettes. According to the report, individuals who smoked both did not suffer any faster rate of decline in lung function than individuals who smoked marijuana alone.

A total of 394 young Caucasian men and women agreed to participate in the study. Researchers classified 131 of the participants as heavy marijuana smokers who did not smoke tobacco cigarettes, while 112 smoked both tobacco and marijuana. An additional 65 men regularly smoked tobacco only and the remaining 86 participants were nonsmokers. All participants were screened for pre-existing chronic chest diseases and found to be healthy upon entering the study.

Each participant underwent pulmonary function testing at the start of the study, and again on multiple occasions over the course of the next eight years. During that interval, a number of patients were lost to follow up, but 255 participants (65 percent) completed the study and were tested again at up to six additional sessions.

The results of this latest long-term study on marijuana and health echo findings reached by an Australian group of researchers at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre just one month ago. That study, which involved interviews with 268 marijuana smokers and 31 non-using partners and family members, concluded that the health of long-term marijuana users is virtually no different from that of the general population.

Researchers from both studies cautioned that their results do not imply that regular marijuana smoking is free of all potentially harmful pulmonary effects. Both groups stated that regular marijuana smokers were more likely to suffer mild respiratory problems such as wheezing and bronchitis than nonsmokers."

UCLA, March 1997 edition of Forensic Drug Abuse Advisor.

Also from where me and Grim came from in TX, a little place called Beaumont a list of local polluters from that area releasing poisonous chemicals:
Magnolia Petrol.
AutoFina Corp.
ExxonMobile
FloTron
Chevron Recources
Valero Energy Corp.
T-3 Energy Sources
Spidle Oil Co.
Park Oil Co
Texakota Oil Co
Synergy Energy Plant
and that's merely polluters from the oil refining and petrol production plants in what was called the Golden Triangle area, each being within a 40 mile diameter that includes Beaumont, Lumberton, Port Neches/Groves, and Nederland.
not labeling names, but one of the companies within the area has an emissions rating of 48,151,465 lb. a year and rising do to expansion projects.

most of the chemical bi-products of refining crude oil into gasoline; as far as substances that are used to make rubber, plastics, oils, asphalt, lubricants, insecticides, and even perfumes are created from ethylene, propylene, butadiene, benzene, ammonia, methanol, and including hundreds of others.
also the chemicals being used in the refining steps lead to cancer, respiratory illnesses, to almost anything under the sun, including birth defects.

after that long rant, to tie the conclusion together, living in various locations around the U.S. are far more harmful than smoking, and as far as the three lesser evils go(i.e. cigarettes, alcohol, and marijuana), smoking is the greater of all for health issues.

But do remember, weed is illegal, you can lose your jobs, driver license,
freedom, and even all the money in the world. But the worst thing you lose in all is the want to live, lust for adventure, and all around potential everyone starts with from birth.

thats all i have to say XD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 am
oh, and also weed is not addictive, half life reaches to about a month depending on circulatory health, weight, and ability to metabolize through your internal organs that filter blood. which does NOT mean its not psychologically addictive, no different than the comfort most kids feel sucking their thumbs.

it kills your brain cells as much as breathing polluted urban air

its debunked that it causes lung cancer any faster than exposure to second hand smoke

and in my opinion, it was illegalized do to the development of the DEA in the early 1970 to fight drug cartels that reigned in dominance when it came to drugs, and the lack of control america had to begin with, let alone their inability to keep a stubborn hand on its growth and distribution.

also, i wonder if anyone even knows the origin of the holiday "420"
if you do, tell me and i will give you 3k gold if i feel its adequate.

and in ending, i do not condone smoking weed in any way, when i tried it the few times i have, i absolutely hated it, but i felt that there was a bunch of misjudging due to lack of information on the subject... that is finally all...

*sigh*  

undead_officer

undead_officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 am
xX_Shatered_Moonlight_Xx
wow, harshin my mellow, but okay and its not illeagal in amsterdam nor in the state of california only is outlawed by federal government and if you don't like it then change the subject, gawd the only day of the year that i get to have fun and you dash it to sh*t. the establishment is holding everybody back, free your minds... but what about salvia? it's only illeagal in 12 states

salvia is very addictive and far worse for your lungs do to its high burning rate, you have to use a heavy pressure butane lighter just to have the desired affect. and for Europe's sense of having it legal i think is do to crime rates are lower and the police are brutal, and it is illegal there to an extent, you are only allowed to carry so many ounces

Europe fun facts:
"Many countries are now moving towards a relaxation of their cannabis laws which in some cases are so vague and confusing that Joe Public really doesn't know whether he's legally entitled to roll a joint or not.

See our new feedback and Addiction update section

In Western Europe (where it's estimated that at least a third of the adult population has used cannabis at some stage) Belgium , Italy , Spain , Luxembourg and Sweden have all legalised the drug to some degree.

In Germany cannabis was illegal until 1994 when the government decided that stopping people's personal use was "unconstitutional." Since then, some areas of Germany have tolerated it while others have actually decriminalised it.

In Italy , smoking a spliff will get you a verbal warning and in some cases passports or driving licences are confiscated. In Spain you could face a fine but the small scale growth and use of marijuana is widespread and largely tolerated.

The Irish police don't actively pursue cannabis users but they can face a fine if caught in possession. Denmark issues a police caution to anyone found in possession as do the Greek authorities - although in Greece you have to submit to counselling if caught. Austria allows personal use and France carries out very few prosecutions for possession of small quantities of cannabis.

There are countries where the penalties for possessing cannabis are extremely harsh. In Malaysia , 200 grams of cannabis attracts a mandatory death sentence. In 2001, Vietnam executed 55 people for possession and trafficking and in China all drug traffickers face execution.

The death penalty is also the punishment for anyone caught trafficking more than 8oz of cannabis in Singapore . But in places like Morocco and India traffickers can often bribe their way out of trouble (a fact strenuously denied by the authorities!) "
In January 2004, cannabis was reclassified from a Class B to a Class C drug in the UK . This means that although it remains illegal to sell, possess or allow the use of cannabis in your own home, the police can deal with it by way of a discretionary caution. The law has not changed in relation to young people who can still be arrested if caught in possession. (It's all so confusing that even some police officers admit they're not quite sure what the law is now!)

Many experts on drug abuse say the new UK law is far too woolly - to many it seems to be saying that it's now OK to take cannabis for personal use but no-one seems quite sure. The Metropolitan Police, responsible for law enforcement in London , admitted to a "massive amount of muddle" over reclassification. Pro cannabis groups believe the new law is impossible to police effectively, particularly in larger cities.

http://www.guide4living.com/drugabuse/cannabis-laws.htm

also, about Amsterdam, do understand that theres two sides to the city, you have something called the red light district
the map

you go outside of the red with anything illegal, even public intoxication, your looking at a very looong jail sentence

and for california:
California's Marijuana Laws

Possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor under California Health and Safety Code Section 11357. Possession of one ounce (28.5 gms) or less is punishable by a maximum $100 fine. Jail time is possible for larger amounts or for hashish, which is an optional felony ("wobbler"). However, under Prop 36, effective July 1, 2001, first- and second- time possession-only offenders may demand a treatment program instead of jail. Upon successful completion of the program, their conviction is erased. Possession (and personal use cultivation) offenders can also avoid conviction by making a preguilty plea under Penal Code 1000, in which case their charges are dismissed upon successful completion of a diversion program. Possession offenses are expunged from the record after two years under Health and Safety Code Sections 11361.5 and 11361.7.

Possession of one ounce or less in a vehicle while driving may also be charged under Vehicle Code 23222, which is treated identically to HSC 11357 B.

No arrest or imprisonment is allowed for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana. However, police often get around this provision by charging minor offenders with intent to sell (see below).

Marijuana defined. "Marijuana means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds, or its resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the steilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination" (H&SC 1101 cool .

Possession with intent to sell any amount of marijuana is a felony under Health and Safety Code 11359. Police often charge intent to sell if they see such indicia as: scales, cash, multiple packages, "commercial" packaging materials, "excessive" quantity, pay-owe seets, address books, pagers, etc.

Cultivation of any amount of marijuana is a felony under Health and Safety Code 11358. People who grow for personal use are eligible for diversion under Penal Code 1000 so long as there is no evidence of intent to sell. There are no fixed plant number limits to personal use cultivation.

Medical marijuana: Medical patients and their designated primary caregivers may legally possess and cultivate, but not distribute or sell, marijuana under Health and Safety Code 11362.5 (Prop 215) if they have a physician's recommendation or approval.

Sale, transportation or distribution of marijuana is a felony under Health and Safety Code Sections 11360. Transporting or giving away one ounce or less is a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum $100 fine.

Sale or distribution to minors is a felony under Health and Safety Code 11361.

Marijuana paraphernalia are illegal to sell or manufacture, but not possess, under Health and Safety Code 11364. All marijuana paraphernalia are subject to seizure by the police.

Driving suspension for minors: Any minor (age under 21) convicted of any marijuana, alcohol, or other drug offense faces a 12-month drivers license suspension, regardless of whether the offense was driving-related. The court may allow restricted license privileges if the minor demonstrates a "critical need to drive." Vehicle Code 13202.5. (Note: This penalty can be avoided by entering a diversion program).

Driving under the influence: It is unlawful to drive while under the influence of marijuana (or alcohol or any other drug) by Vehicle Code 23152. "Under the influence" is not specifically defined in the statute, but is interpreted to imply some degree of impairment. Therefore the mere fact of having taken a toke of marijuana does not necessarily mean one is DUI. For evidence of impairment, officers may administer a field sobriety test. Arrestees may also be required to submit to their choice of a urine or blood test under Vehicle Code 23612. Since marijuana is detectable for much longer periods in urine than in blood (several days vs. several hours), a positive urine test constitutes much weaker proof of recent use and impairment than a positive blood test. If you haven't smoked marijuana recently and are not under the influence, you are better off to choose a blood test, since you will probably pass it. However, if you are a chronic smoker or have smoked recently, you are better off to choose a urine test; even though you can expect to test positive, the question will at least remain open as to whether you were actually "under the influence" at time of arrest.

Marijuana in a Vehicle: Drivers found in possession of less than one ounce of marijuana in their vehicle are liable for a maximum $100 misdemeanor fine under Vehicle Code 23222 (larger amounts are punishable under H&SC 11357(a) and 11359).

Forfeiture: Unlike federal law, California law requires a conviction for forfeiture of property involved in a drug crime. Also unlike federal law, state law does not permit forfeiture of personal real estate for marijuana cultivation. Vehicles may be forfeited only if 10 pounds or more of marijuana is involved. Health and Safety Code 11470.

California Law search full text of codes: www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html

Federal Law: Marijuana is also illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. Federal charges are typically brought only in large cases where commercial distribution is suspected (e.g., cultivation of several hundred plants).

sorry to harsh your mellow there XD

oh, and if your like me and love knowing little odd facts, Hitler was born at 6:30pm in Braunau, Austria. so in GMT standards, it was 10:30am in central America on the day of 4-20-1889

crazy that was 120 years ago...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:50 am
I slept all day.

Is that alright?  

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points