For Forocia! (new war rp) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:44 pm
((please read the 2+ posts after this for more explation of how this rp will actually play out))

For hundreds of years the family of Washaparte has ruled of the small country of Forocia. Nothing but feeble attempts at usurpation by fanatics and idealists has threatened this country and most of the monarchs have been benevolent. Twelve kings ruled for the most part peacefully before the arrival of King Frederick Washaparte, the tyrant that would forever change the country. King Frederick is a heartless, cold, tyrant who rules with an iron fist and extorts the people of Forocia. His court is bought and sold by scandals that care about nothing but personal gain. The people are heavily taxed and treated like dogs by the ruling class. Speaking out against the government earns the perpetrator the short walk to the gallows and the sentence is carried out regardless of age, sex, and rank.

The armies of the King patrol the country in small bands taking what they please and pillaging the towns they cross. The King cares not for the atrocities that his armies commit and usually kills the petitioners against them. Thus the armies are free to do as the please with the backing of the king.

In the fifteenth year of King Frederick’s rule a band of a few brave individuals stood up and fought back at the brutish rule of the King. These men attacked a passing army band and killed a score of soldiers before being captured and tortured to death as an example of what happens to so called traitors.

The men that took a stand would forever be known as the martyrs that started a revolution as the next couple of weeks more and more bands of rebels arose and challenged the rule of the tyrant. Infuriated by rise of rebellion King Frederick called for, “all honest men to come and enlist to put down the savage and unjust rebellion.” The treasury was swung wide open and handsome rewards where offered to anyone who took up the call. Well funded, well trained, and well equipped the army prepared for a death march through the country side to exterminate all who spoke unloyal thoughts.

The march lasted for days and hundreds were taken from their homes and beaten, hanged, or shot for the tiniest of reasons for the soldiers to doubt their absolute loyalty. In return for their services the King paid highly the men who took part and most were offered minor posts and positions in the army and government. Also, the march failed to quell the rebels and instead increased their size exceedingly. Now the rebels where in such force that a makeshift army under the command of one Napoleon Longstreet.

Napoleon was a humble craftsman who watched as the small town he lived in was burned and his friends murdered during the death march. Igniting a deep rooted hatred Napoleon gathered the remaining townsmen and rode forth and ambushed the soldiers who were on their way to the next town. He lined them up on the top of a valley and as the soldiers marched by shouted for them to attack. The battle was short and bloody and the surprised soldiers where easily overtaken.

After the ambush at the valley Napoleon went on to lead and win a few more skirmishes against the loyalists. This was quickly spread throughout the country and it wasn’t before long that all knew the name of Napoleon Longstreet. When the King heard of him a bounty of royalty, land, and 10,000 gold coins was offered for his head.

Being charismatic Napoleon gained followers at every town he and his brigand, the infamous Valley Brigand, went through, soon they were numbered in the hundreds and the loyalists feared the name Longstreet. He was dubbed, “Valley Brigand King,” by supporters of him and his rebel movement and usurer by those loyal to the crown.

Now two months after King Frederick’s “Black Death March” the country is quickly be divided into those who support the rebel movement under the Valley Brigand King and the loyalists of King Frederick Washaparte.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 pm
To explain what I just posted...

This will be a colonial rp ran much like Rune Seeker. I will be "GM" and act as all other characters, not to say that you can't to some extent rp as some of the other nonimportant characters.

I will provide a list of weapons, artirary, counties, etc if anyone is interested in doing this rp.

Your charcter(s) can join either side or start their own if they are charismatic and well known enough to accomplish it. You first character though must be apporved by me before post to make sure that it will fit in the universe that I am setting up. This universe is basised off our so no non humans allowed!!! If you wish to make a foriegn country in order to get things like ninja (Jake yes you can) then simply ask me and I will fit it into the story.

I encourage you to make as many characters as you think you can handle and they can be anything from govenors, magistrates, commanders to common farmers and craftsmen. Though I would like to point out that if you are the former then you are required to act in such manner that would be befitting of your post or risk losing it. (I don't mean you will have to deal with the technical terms but you will have to make descision, deal with the consenquense, deal with MINOR political aspects.)  

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 pm
Combat in this rp will be a mix between the well know side by side standing and firing but not till the war progresses and both sides see a little experience first. The other type of fighting will be the less known gurillia tactics of fighting behind trees, walls, etc. It will be a mix of Revolutionary war and Civil War tactics forming its own unquie style of fighting, its my ******** FICTIONAL universal and they can fight how I damn well please.

So don't be discouraged if you go OH NO I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLONIAL FIGHTING or STANDING SIDE BY SIDE IS BORING because that is not exactly how it is going to happen.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:44 am
List of Weapons:

Muskests: The most common weapon was the smoothbore flintlock musket, of a large caliber, .62 to .75 inch bore, or equal to 16 to 11 gauge shotguns. A musket has no rifling to spin the ball. It is "smoothbored" and will shoot both ball or shot, or a combination of the two. The firearms of the period used blackpowder. Blackpowder leaves fouling behind when fired. For this reason, the balls used by the military were undersized, so that the troops could quickly seat the next load down the barrel. They were long barreled ( about 42 inches) and could mount a long triangular shaped bayonet on the barrel. The bayonet was an important part of the musket system. The length of the musket, with the long bayonet, was also designed to be used to defend against horsemen. By forming a rectangle or square with men facing outward with their bayonets, horsemen could not ride among them. Cavalrymen were considered the equal of 3 to 5 men on foot, because of their mobility. The bayonet replaced the pike as the means of defending against cavalry, and was the close range weapon.

The armies used paper cartridges to speed the loading process and reduce the risk of loose powder being around sparking guns. A wooden dowel about the diameter of a ball was used as a former to make paper tubes. Into this a ball and the proper amount of black powder was put, and it was sealed, usually by being tied with string.

To load, a soldier opened his cartridge box, grabbed a cartridge, bit off the end to expose the powder, and poured a small amount into the pan of the lock, closed the pan, dropped the cartridge (powder first) into the barrel, removed his rammer, rammed it home, returned his rammer, and then "made ready" to shoot by cocking his lock, and "presenting" or pointing, his piece to the enemy. There were no sights, just the bayonet lug near the muzzle. The soldier just looked down the barrel. Soldiers were expected to be able to fire a shot every 15 seconds for at least 4 minutes before needing to slow down because of the fouling in the barrel.

Since the ball is undersized, and the paper cartridge is just dropped into the barrel, the ball might come out spinning as the gases behind it escaped unevenly. It might spin in any direction, and fly like a curve ball or be thrown slightly to any side. After 75 yards it was very hard for a soldier to deliberately hit a man sized target.

Muskets could be fired as fast as every 15 seconds., or 45 shots per minute. It took a sense of timing to be able to drive a charge home while the enemy was reloading and unable to fire and break up your lines.

Pistols: Flintlock pistols are much like muskets but fire take less time to reload and clean but the fouling left behind must be cleaned more often.

Rifles: Rifles, while much more accurate than muskets, also were loaded much slower. It would take almost 30 seconds, and sometimes a minute or more, to reload a rifle. In that time they were often charged with the bayonet, and since rifles were not equipped with bayonets, riflemen usually had to yield to musketmen.

Bayonets: Short dagger like knives that attached to the tip of muskets that where used in close comat.

Saber: Raiper like swords that where thin and long that where used by commanders and calvary.

Hacthacts and Tomahawks: Metal or stone hand axes used in close cobat, usually in wooded areas.

Bow: Do I really need to explain.

Cannon: The Muzzleloading cannon used were smoothbores, and smaller than used in later wars. Most were 3, 4 or 6 pound guns, mounted on wooden carriages with large wheels. Some 3 pound guns had iron legs to stand on and were called "grasshoppers". Larger guns of 12 pounds were sometimes used in the field, and even larger guns were mounted in fortifications and ships.

The cannon fired either solid ball, various small shot, or sometimes shells. Shells are a hollow iron ball filled with blackpowder and fitted with a fuse. The shot used could be buckshot, musket balls or grape shot, which are larger iron or lead balls about 1 inch in diameter. Grape shot where used to rain the balls into enemy formations wounding dozens or to attack ships sails and immobilize them.

Cannon had a range of several hundred yards. A 3 pounder ranged about 800 yards with solid shot, and 2 hundred yards with grape shot, maximum. At close range, loaded with shot, it could destroy an enemy company.

Any other exotic, unquie, made up weapons for the rp will be added as they are created and I am 100% up for ideas for new unquie weapons to flesh out our rp.  

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:00 am
Ranks:

(Inside the secetion it falls in chain of command order, not everysingle one going down. The sections aside from the leaders don't fall in any perictular order.)

Leader
Commander and Chief: King Frederick
General

Infantry Regiment

Headquarters:

Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Major

Infantry Company: (8 companies per regiment)
Captain
Lieutenant
Ensign
First Sergeant
Sergeant (4 per company)
Corporal (4 per company)
Private (64 + 1 drummer +1 fifer per company)

Regiment Staff (not in chain of command)
Adjutant (a Lieutenant from one of the companies)
Quarter Master (a Lieutenant from one of the companies)
Paymaster (a Lieutenant from one of the companies)
Surgeon (1 per regiment)
Surgeon's mate ( 1 per regiment)

Artillery Company (never fielded as regiment)
Captain
Captain-Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant (3 per company)
Sergeant (6 per company)
Corporal (6 per company)
Gunners (18 per company consisting of 6 guns)

Calvary Company (never fielded as a regiment)
Captain
Lieutenant
Sergeant (2 per company)
Calvary men (26 per company)

(anything else can be added later and one more I am open to suggestions about new unit types, etc)

(at the current moment anyone deciding to join the rebels is not to follow this as the rebels are not organized into an army)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:07 am
Map of Forocia

User Image

Counties of Forocia
1:Grainer- The largest peninsula in Forocia, Grainer is a costal region filled with many delats and rivers that empty out into the ocean. The region is renowned for its massive fishing industry and port towns.

2: Jelvin- A forest region filled with many small towns. Many creeks flow through the forests that empty out into the rivers of Grainer. Along the costal line lies port towns but they are few and are between.

3: Trayon- A mostly plain region filled with few things aside from farms and small forests, mostly towards the north. more towards the coastal region are many esteem estates held by the noble cast of Forocia. Some of the most wonderous buildings in Forocia look over the Gulf of Forocia.

4 biggrin rabia- The outer edge ofo the region quickly changed from the pleasant plains of Trayon to a barren desert. Miles of desert fill this region and many ancient ruins of a long ago civilization draws many nobles and upper class to hunt for buried treasure. Many military forts line the land as the wild country of Pakistia borders here across the desert and many bandits and renegades from there cross into the land to raid.

5: Jakvar- The capital region of the country Jakvar mostly made up of plains and small forests surrounding the huge capital city of Jakvar and the other major industry cities of the region. The finests craftsmen inhabit the cities and produce some of the finest artictexture**, armor, weapons, furniture, etc. The grand palace lies in the middle of the capital and is surround by heavy fortified walls that are said to be impossible to breach. King Frederick lives inside it with his personal elite guard that are said to be the best shots in country hand recurited by the tops of the military.

6: Wundo- A forest region that is mostly uninhabitated accept for a few scattered military bases and outposts. Also one huge port town that has most of the regions inhabitants in it.

7:Kloudvier- A swampy region filled with many shanty towns and wise old shamens. Many supersitions float around the place and most "sane" people stay away from the reason as creepy things go on in this area. To east are a few deltas that empty out the swamp water to the ocean but are lined with swamps. To the north of the border is Trevyl a less advanced nation filled with many sword weilding savages, but they are organized into fedual states opposed to the bandit groups of Pakistia.

8: Lavoris- The great hilly lake region of Forocia. Lake Valdrake takes up about half of the region and many towns are built around it and thousands of fishmen live here and produce the majority of the north's fish supply.

9: Evon- A region filled of loose rock, iron, steel, etc Evon is a region whos economy is almost entirely based on mining and contributes half of the stone and steel of the nation.

10: Calton- A hilly forest region filled with tons of game that attrachs hunters from all over the nation. Some of the best archers live in the region. Most of the regioin is built on shanty sheilters and outposts, trade swamps, etc as not many people live permeantly in the hunters region.

11: Runun- A plains region filled with farms and small town, nothing of interests really lies in the area.

12: Larlov- the mountain region where many of the most infamous bandits live and raid from. A lot of rebels escape here to use the narrow passes and rockey terrain as cover to attack the vain loyalist who attempt to attack the region. Spread through out the outter regions are few mountain fortesses maintained by skeleton forces of the loyalists as no attempt to maintain order is given.

13: A plains/savahanna region filled with ranches and other grass based jobs. Deposits of diamonds are found in the rivers of the region and many soldiers of the loyalist paid prviatly by the nobles are sent here to protect their interests.  

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:08 am
[align=center]News

( will be out of character news)
will be in caharacter news

((Rp is opened Augest 27)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:03 pm
The names August. Yeah I know, like the month. Born on the first. It was a rainy day they told me. My parents always did laugh about that day. Something strange blowin. I think of it differently. That was the day a nightmare was born. That was the day an instrument of death would come forth and slay unjust tragedies bewildered to the common. I spit at my parents words. They told me all I would ever become was nothing but a God forsaken farmer like them. I shoved that thought back down their throat when I ran from home and joined up with some rough boys. We have ourselves a place in Trayon. Nice little hidden settlement just up a river that hides within the trees. We have all played days of laughter watching those monarch slaves dope about searching for us. A graveyard of better ideas been wasted away on afternoons better then that but I can’t complain. I got life and lots to spare.

Some new decrees been pushed on the people. I don’t like em much but the towns folk don’t have many choice. We strool in every once in a while to express to the king just how much we care for his little laws and such. Just the other week we brought hell to em. We stole a cannon and then graffiti the crap out of the thing. God Save the King. Ha, I would rather slit my throat with the knife I pull out of my back, then get the rope I’m hanging myself with caught in the cuts between my arteries. Yeah, we don’t like the king. Just helping you keep up here.

Just the other night we shot up some of the uniforms. They bleed like rivers. My fine rifle hasn’t been that clean in years. I had to drop her off by a tree and pull up the blade to finish a few off. We got a horse with that one. Sometimes I question why we even hide. These uniforms got nothing on us.

The nights quiet. Up in the tree house and watching the stars. There are so many I can’t even count. Not on a count I can’t say all my numbers but cause once you start trying they all spill together to make one bright blob. Man tonight is boring. Guess I’ll just sit here and clean my gun.  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:20 pm
Off in the distance a little bit down the road he could see a unit of soldiers marching by in search of the bandit hide out. They are marching sluggishly as if they have been marching all day in search. They appear to be basic "uniforms" and have a simple Sergeant leading the unit. They are using basic muskets with no attached bayonets. The sergeant has a pistol and saber and is calling out the march orders with a rasping voice from as if he was yelling all day.

August is the first one of his bunch to see the small group of soldiers patroling.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm
A spark ignites inside me. From the corners of the horizon, night filled fire sky I see the drumming. Uniforms, those dishonest slugs, born weapons marching, I can barely hold in my own furious anger. I train my eye to their march. The pattern in march would say they where a search party but no march is any less lethal then any other. I hold to protocol.

I brace my hands against my mouth and with a heavy hum of my throat coed out the calling of a basic night owl. That skill much practiced and untraceable to blunted head. My warning is reached by another who returns with his symbol. I see it and move for action. We where ready, particularly night fighting was the best. We knew what to expect from the uniforms and it carried nothing they could match. Sure they had guns, but they did not have aim or skills. They where trained by money and not by heart. I am a gunman, I do not kill with my gun or my trigger, or my eye. I kill with my heart.

Once I was braced up against my hollow tree hole, and hidden well from light of our enemy I gave out another coo. We where ready, by all the following noises of the night. We where ready to kill.  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:03 pm
As the column was half way past the ambush spot another call was given and shots rang out from behind the tress of the forest. Three or four of the uniforms dropped to the ground as lead balls ripped into their bodies. Another one took a shot in the arm but it wasn't serious and a second had took on in the leg and was keeed over in pain.

The rebels quickly as the unifroms turned and the front line kneeled down. On the sergeant's orders they opened fire but the rebels where to hiden for any to be hit. Before they could reload the sergeant smiled and yelled, "Alright men if these bastards don't want to fight like men we will kill them like the rats they are!"

The uniforms quickly broke ranks and fell back across the road into the woods on the other side of the road. They took up positions against trees as August and his guys did.

Volly upon volly was fired by each side but no hits where scored as the range made the shots almost impossible to make.

One of the rebels next to August called out, "Damn arses are playing tricks on us! We can't hit them from this range." He said that as he tapped the stolen saber on his side before reloading.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 pm
My close friend was right, even against odds and now terrain, we had to crush them. They knew to much now and if let lose they would unleash hell upon all of them. The whole rebel crew he worked with would end and do so in vain. I could not let that happen. I listened for the wind of the night. It carried heavy and dragged against the grass like the ocean tide. I could hear the uniforms gunshots off in the distance. When I peered over the edge of my post I could see them with every crack of gun powered.

“I will do it.” I called out, answering the other men’s unasked question for help, as well as myself who deep down inside searched for the integrity to go through with it. I was the only one with a good enough shot to either drive them back further or kill them all. They knew it just as well as I did. I banked against the tree, pulled myself to my feet, and ran along the branch for the higher position. My rifle was up their and waiting. She always waited their for me. I picked her up. Filled the long barrel and then laid with my chest against a branch.

My eyes stretched toward the oncoming fire. I trained my eye to the pattern of movements just within the shadows of the night. One c**k, load, click, and BANG.

I fired her still, a long shot but rewarded heavily with a loud yelp form the other team. I reloaded, repeated. A bullets shrapnel shot by my head. I didn’t think to much of it. There was no way they where aiming for me, it was just a lucky random shot. I would kill them all.  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Van Dossel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:44 pm
The soldiers yelled as the shot from the rifle rang over those of the muskets and a private fell into the ground. A couple of the men laughed, "Seems they have a bull' eye their!" one of them called out their own rifleman braced himself against a tree and slid to the ground and waited for the next shot as he scanned the tree line.

It was about a minute before August fired again and once more he took out a soldier but this time it was a Corporal. "Dammit Parker get him!" Yelled the sergeant as he fired his pistol aimlessly into the trees on the other side, "We can't stand here all day!"

Parker nodded and smiled wickedly as he traced the smoke that lead him to the rifleman on the rebel's side of the bush. "Foolish amatuer, should of picked the better side," he breathed as he lined his shot. Unlike most of the soldiers here he was neither there for greed or loyalty, personally he like the challange of killing, sniping officers and other snipers during battles stuff like that. The death march had been boring for him, all open targets that where usually pleaded for their lives and not trying to take his.
Atleast these rebels had some stones and where putting up a good show. He finished lineing up his shot and breathed again, "Sorry but its curtain time and no encores will be gaven by the likes of you!" He gently pulled the trigger and sent a lead ball flying towards August's postion.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:00 pm
I remember that moment vividly. They say sometimes your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. Well If this is dead then I’m confused. I saw everything. Like a bright flash of white shoot across my face. There was this loud siren sound that cut off the sounds around. Just as I was about to shoot again something nailed my own gun and cause a small explosion. The force tossed me backwards and…well…I think that’s the last I remember until the morning.

“They got August, get them men, we have no choice but to charge.” A shout came form a neighboring location. The rebels all seemed to die a little at heart for their fallen comrade but fueled that sensation elsewhere to help them run forward. From all over the forests rebellion forces appeared and ran for the uniforms with their swords and guns chattering away.  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Dark Hand Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas