Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon G/S/C Remake? Highly Plausible. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

otawara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:38 pm
We've been waiting for it for years, and now it's highly possible for it to come out. Why? Here's a bunch of reasons why.

* Hacking in the most recent games reveals that data for the Johto region exists.
* A handful of 2nd gen Pokemon were given evolutions in the latest games.
* Several 2nd gen Pokemon were available for capture in Platinum.
* Johto starters are used as promo for the next Pokemon movie.
* Both the protagonist, co-star, and antagonist of the Pokemon series have caught Johto Pokemon in recent episodes.
* The newest Handheld console the DSi has eliminated the Game Boy slot, and with that migrating as well. That cuts off the massive amount of Johto Pokemon available from Colloseaum, XD, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.
* Jasmine, one of the gym leaders in Johto, makes a comeback in Sinnoh on the beaches of Sunnyshore.

These are a bunch of educated reasons as to it's happening or not.

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:41 pm
otawara
What do you guts think?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But maybe. If they follow the whole "pattern" it wont be long. Silver was my favorite, you could go back to the old gyms and fight the people there too, so that was awesome. But with all the rumors of "Gold Dusk" and "Silver Dawn" I wont be hopeful for anything until I see an official site promoting it.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:57 pm
dosn't nintendo own the domain "shineysilver"or something like that?

1 sec... SNOOPINGASUSUAL

http://www.pokemonwhitegold.com

^ BAM

"There are also two other similarly unused trademarks that Nintendo and Game Freak own, Pocket Monsters WhiteGold and Pocket Monsters MoonStone, however these names were trademarked alongside Pocket Monsters Topaz, Amethyst, and Tourmaline."

^creditable sourse  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm
Alright, the whole copyrighted names has been the only real evidence so far. Most of the statements you made, Otawara, actually contradict what you're saying. The more 2nd gen pokemon we see in games and such gives them less reason to remake a game with those same pokemon.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:49 pm
Do not want, unless it's DSiware.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:11 pm
if they do a release, i'm not gonna get either of em. i'll wait for the third with all the ******** features this time.

you know they'll do it. they like to suck c**k like that.  

Xilo The Odd

Demon0fMists

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:14 pm
Ya I'd have to agree with Xiloscent, I would wait for crystal because you KNOW they will cut out some features for the first two, then put in crystal which make you go like DAMNIT...But ya if another pokemon game comes out, I'll be wait for the third one.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:16 pm
seriously.

OMFGLOL BACK BUTTON! LOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

dicks.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:18 pm
Re-releasing a pokemon game twice?

Sounds like something they'd do.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:20 pm
~Xiloscent~
seriously.

dicks.
Ya no kidding everyone was like NO WAI, I remember my friends brother was playing and he started yelling THERES A BACK BUTTON OMG RANDY LOOK THERES A BACK BUTTON!.  

Demon0fMists

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:21 pm
Ribbin
Alright, the whole copyrighted names has been the only real evidence so far. Most of the statements you made, Otawara, actually contradict what you're saying. The more 2nd gen pokemon we see in games and such gives them less reason to remake a game with those same pokemon.

Johto data in fourth gen games sounds like they either at least considered it or the Pokémon team wanted to cover their bases.

I seem to recall hearing somewhere that at this point it's possible to get all of the second gen pokémon without hacking, but you need access to every GBA/Gamecube/DS pokémon game and some of the events.

@Deca: Considering how big a franchise Pokémon is, I can't see them deciding to make it a download when they can sell it for $35 as a cartridge.  
~Xiloscent~
if they do a release, i'm not gonna get either of em. i'll wait for the third with all the ******** features this time.

you know they'll do it. they like to suck c**k like that.
Still waiting on that pokemon "Water Blue".  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

Demon0fMists
~Xiloscent~
seriously.

dicks.
Ya no kidding everyone was like NO WAI, I remember my friends brother was playing and he started yelling THERES A BACK BUTTON OMG RANDY LOOK THERES A BACK BUTTON!.
that and the frontier from emerald, that they KNEW was a good idea was included. i'm stuck with battle tower and thats it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:24 pm
They didn't make a third for FireRed and LeafGreen.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:26 pm
Meta_Fish
They didn't make a third for FireRed and LeafGreen.
true...
>_>
but those ones sukd imo  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out