Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
GAAAH!!! - the rage of an angry gamer (stupid bugs...)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 pm
So, I finally got a AAA on MAX 300, when StepMania just randomly decides to crash, before saving my score. Can you think of a worse time for the game to crash? I wish the StepMania dev team would finalize version 4.0, because these bugs are driving me mad. I swear, if this happens one more time, I'll have to hurt someone. Of course, the last time I checked, the dev team hadn't done anything for months...[/rant]

ITT - Ever been angered by a bug/glitch in a game? Post about it.

PS. +1 points if you actually read my whole rant before reading this line.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:34 pm
Who made StepMania? Anyway, just go to the website and leave some feedback if enough people address this problem maybe they will do what they can to release an improved version, or give you a great big "Forget You!" and you'd have to wait for the next game to come out.

Indeed I have! Except I experience Power outages more that crashes, but every time its been at a really messed up time, like a long grueling boss boss fight or dungeon without a save point to speak of and such.  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 am
StepMania's open source, so if I find myself with extra time on my hands, I may as well fix the bugs myself...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:43 pm
I hated when my game froze and then I turned the system off and back on after waiting a minute or two... only to find my memory card corrupted the save file. X(Somehow it fixed itself the next day though.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Adahnan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:55 pm
There was a three day period while I was originally playing TES: Oblivion where, whenever I dropped an item on the ground, it would get caught in the ground for a moment before launching into the air like an arrow. That was more funny than frustrating, though.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:09 pm
my memory card decided to corupt my file on soul calibur 2 and i had eveything!!! so i have to start over. gonk  

Elizabeth BEW

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200

mzprissychick

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:39 pm
sometimes i lose @ uno witch is a giltch since im da best  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:40 pm
Elizabeth BEW
my memory card decided to corupt my file on soul calibur 2 and i had eveything!!! so i have to start over. gonk

I know the feeling. My saved files on Animal Crossing have been destroyed at least three times and my chao garden in SA2B died a few times.  

Jonnnn

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:07 pm
It's not really a bug, but one time while I was playing FFTA and I managed to make some great progress and had ignored the little red light telling me that my battery was low. While the game was saving at one point, the battery just up and died, erasing over 300 hours of playtime and forcing me to start over from the beginning. stressed

It's safe to say that I take the gaming creed of "Save whenever possible" very seriously nowadays because of that.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:32 pm
FFTA... one of the biggest timesinks of my life, right up there with pokemon, starcraft, this guild, and WoW.  

nitnit
Captain

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces