Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:25 pm
Strange, that I have no art of my fursona, not even a character sheet.

Of course part of that reason is I've been a bit ambiguous about what he actually looks like. But I'm willing to get some art now, either of my furry character, his human side, or both (both would be really awesome).

Thing is, cash-wise, at least, I'm broke, due to my financial situation sucking a**. Gaia gold, I have about 150k, maybe more if I sold stuff. It takes forever for me to get gold on Gaia as I never play the games, don't do the things that other people do to get rich, like milk the marketplace or spam the chatterbox or whatever. The only thing I do on here is casually chat, and that doesn't even make 1k in a day!

So I have to be very selective as to what artwork I get, because good artwork on gaia can be from 50k to over 200k. So I might be able to only get one/two pictures before I have no gaia gold left. I have to really decide "is this the artist I want art from? Does their style match the character and attitude of my fursona?" because if I get art from someone and I find I don't like the art much or it doesn't match the feel or character of my fursona, I'm s**t outta luck cause I have no more gold.

I wish I had a ton more gold so I could just go around getting tons of art like I want to and have a good art collection.

So I'm stuck. Not to mention browsing gaia for artists can take forever (although I can always look at the threads here).

Suggestions on favorite artists on gaia would be awesome. Even more awesome would be suggestions on getting more gaia gold, so money isn't an issue and I can just go spend it all on art.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:57 pm
Of course it doesn't help that most of the artists on gaia either can't/won't do furry art, or they're really expensive in terms of gaia gold, or they just plain suck. It's like "Hey give me 20k gold for this art I spent 5 minutes drawing in pencil on lined paper!!!" and 9 out of 10 art threads are LIKE THIS.

Plus it doesn't help that most of the art is cute chibi or anime s**t. When I mentioned I needed art that matched my furry's personality... my furry character is like a heavy metal guitarist (He actually does play metal guitar and drums, lol). He wears lots of black. He has a few piercings. He has tattoos. He has the cocky, pissed-off, angry, manly, badass, asskicking, gar attitude you get from someone like that. It doesn't help that the kind of pictures I imagine in my head are of him standing on top of piles of dead bloody bodies, or carrying a bunch of bloody swords and sharp weapons, or shooting lighting out of his hands while cackling.

He is not a cute, fuzzy, chibi, omg wai kawaii, ******** furry. He's pissed and he's a demon and he's a bit insane, not to mention a bit evil as well.

It would just be easier on my sanity to learn how to draw on my own.

Edit: (I do sometimes like to have him be cute or fuzzy as that's the kind of persona I had when I started in the fandom... but he really is normally somewhat muscular and tough as nails)  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:00 pm
Here's my FA1
FA2 most of my comissions are from people on Gaia and most of them are really cheap and quick. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:15 pm
You didn't list any prices though.

Prices on the marketplace have fallen dramatically. If only art prices would do the same. :/  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:01 pm
Yea each artist charges different prices for different pieces and some of them have changed prices, though all you have to do is look them up and ask.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 pm
hang around free art request threads. Oh and go to the Forums on FA and to the art request thread and just start posting your description everywhere. Someone will do it sooner or later

Also look at these artists:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/freelance-avatar-artist-for-hire/t.49270657/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/i-draw-furries/t.48934495/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/m30w-w00f-a-fursona-artshop-slots-open/t.49093289/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/andcetera-s-etc-art-shop/t.47852733/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/open-for-gold-comissions-i-can-draw-anthros/t.48176021/  

Rainey_angel81

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 pm
As for getting gold..I would suggest finding a lot of polls and randomly clicking them and playing on zomg. i got 8000 gold in 4 hours...yay  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:08 pm
Rainey, I love you. I'm always, always, always looking for art but the shops that do anthro are so hard to find... I really need to get down to it and make human refs for all my characters... too bad I suck at drawing humans. D:  

hazzwolf

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:16 pm
hazzwolf
Rainey, I love you. I'm always, always, always looking for art but the shops that do anthro are so hard to find... I really need to get down to it and make human refs for all my characters... too bad I suck at drawing humans. D:

^.^ you're welcome. Sad to say though, that within a few weeks of opening, most Furry/Anthro shops shut down because they're overwhelmed with orders. I saw you order in two, so I can't guarantee you actually getting the order filled. I will try to post more shops as I come across them  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:02 pm
Considering I make all my gold through art, I can't help you figure out how to make more gold.

As for your frustrations with getting art, I suggest either learning to draw or finding a friend who can draw and asking them for a sketch or something simple for free to get your fix.  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

Art / Writing show and exchange!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces