Submit

Weekly Newsletter
  Yes
  No
  Tried to have one before
View Results

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 am
I had joined a smaller guild, I'll say AFK. Anyway, one of the new captains of AFK sent me a message, telling me about what's been going on there and that she was going to be captain, I then immediatly went there and was active again, and thanked her for the message. I found out she messaged every member individually, a task that would have taken an a couple hours, since she was not the official captain yet.

What I'm saying is that we should have a weekly newsletter too. I figure that we could do this. Just take a roll call of members that are active, keep it open a week or two. Keep all of the members who say they are still alive, and delete all the ones that are not active anymore. This will help clean up the guild. We have less members than some other guilds I know of. We don't want to have a big number and nothing to show for it do we? cry If a 40 member guild can unite as one I'm sure we could, we just need to be more co-operative  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:10 pm
Isaol-the-wolf
We have less members than some other guilds I know of. We don't want to have a big number and nothing to show for it do we? cry If a 40 member guild can unite as one I'm sure we could, we just need to be more co-operative

If you click "Guild members" and do the numbers, you'll find we have a very large number of guild members. Here's the Math....

There are 84 pages, and each page contains 20 entries. (Amazingly, the last page is 20 as well at the time of checking this.)

So, 84 * 20 = 1680 Members.

Now, that means PMs (I'm assuming) are going to go to 1,680 members with large numbers of lurkers replying back. Message boxes will be full in a day or two potentially, and overflow gets deleted so some may get removed from the guild anyway. But most importantly, that's 1680 * (at least) 2 clicks per person for deleting which is 3360 clicks to delete inactive members. It will take several months to go through and check each and every email to be sure to NOT delete that person. It could be done in better ways, but the sheer amount of work involved for JUST cleaning up the inactive members would be huge. This doesn't even take into account the amount of work it would take to message these people in the first place.

I kinda doubt that these other larger guilds do this news letter thing in order to remove members...  

Garek Maxwell

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Garek Maxwell
Isaol-the-wolf
We have less members than some other guilds I know of. We don't want to have a big number and nothing to show for it do we? cry If a 40 member guild can unite as one I'm sure we could, we just need to be more co-operative

If you click "Guild members" and do the numbers, you'll find we have a very large number of guild members. Here's the Math....

There are 84 pages, and each page contains 20 entries. (Amazingly, the last page is 20 as well at the time of checking this.)

So, 84 * 20 = 1680 Members.

Now, that means PMs (I'm assuming) are going to go to 1,680 members with large numbers of lurkers replying back. Message boxes will be full in a day or two potentially, and overflow gets deleted so some may get removed from the guild anyway. But most importantly, that's 1680 * (at least) 2 clicks per person for deleting which is 3360 clicks to delete inactive members. It will take several months to go through and check each and every email to be sure to NOT delete that person. It could be done in better ways, but the sheer amount of work involved for JUST cleaning up the inactive members would be huge. This doesn't even take into account the amount of work it would take to message these people in the first place.

I kinda doubt that these other larger guilds do this news letter thing in order to remove members...

Check to see if they've made more than 5 posts since they joined, and if they only made 3 posts and they joined two years ago, then delete them. And the guild leaders could divide the amount between themselves and bulk message them. Or get 17 people to message 100 each. Would take some time, but you know, this is kinda everyone's guild. In a sense.  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games