Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:14 pm
What do you all think about "Bob's Game?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:17 pm
It sucks that they didn't respond to him for awhile, but in the end, he's a douche, and continues to be a douche. He's also annoying.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:27 pm
I'd side with Bob on this more if it wasn't for the fact that he's a self-centered a*****e.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:36 pm
NintendOmega
I'd side with Bob on this more if it wasn't for the fact that he's a self-centered a*****e.

Hooray for the comeuppance of those with staggering amounts of hubristic pride! biggrin  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 am
If that gaywad had kept his cool, he could of submitted his idea to an actual 3rd party game developing company for tweaks and a better chance at getting his game created.

but owell he wasted 5 years of his life LMAO what a homo huh?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 am
NintendOmega

Super Cheesio

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:06 pm
WTF are you guys talking about?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:07 pm
I didn't think Bob's case was totally beyond saving (just nearly beyond saving) until the Nintendo World stunt. Hell, he might've had a (slim) chance at DSiWare before that. Any chance of that is gone now, though. Shame, too, because it looks as though Bob actually might have a decent product there, he's just too much of a douche to market it properly. It's a waste, really.  

GuruGuru214

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:10 pm
Regulust

stuff thats real and alive and full of tacos and menergy!!

try the new flavors
MANANNA, FIZZBITCH AND GUN! (jk)

They are talking about "Bob" whos the final boss in the entire game >>;  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:24 pm
Regulust

http://www.bobsgame.com/

Basically this guy's spent the last five years writing his own video game, entirely by himself. He put in an application for a Nintendo DS development kit and didn't hear back, so he locked himself in with a webcam for a 100 day protest, though after the stunts he pulled later, who knows if any of that was ever real. Around day 21, he started making odd threats. On day 26, he trashed his room and left. I get a little fuzzy here on what he claims happened next, but I think he claimed to be raided by the police and then abducted by aliens.

Three weeks later, he and some friends took a trip to Nintendo World, where he bought a DS Lite, put fake DS game cases for his game on the shelves, scattered business cards all over the floor, and taped posters for his game on the outside window, among other douchery. After that stunt, Nintendo officially denied his request for the development kit. That was three months ago.

The last I heard, about a month ago Bob released a demo that could be played on a DS flash card or emulator and it was actually pretty decent.  

GuruGuru214

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:14 pm
He's a genius as far as marketing goes. There are a lot of people who actually think he's insane.

If only his game was good..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:14 pm
NO.  

otawara

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Regulust

stuff thats real and alive and full of tacos and menergy!!

try the new flavors
MANANNA, FIZZBITCH AND GUN! (jk)

They are talking about "Bob" whos the final boss in the entire game >>;

HAH! Good one man.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 pm
I actually think this is pretty funny. Though his advertising may have backfired because of the people who insist he's trying too hard to get attention (maybe they're just embarrassed that they were fooled?)
I wanna play it when it's finished. I'm kinda hesitant to download the demo though because I hear it's not much.  

Akuyoko

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 pm
Okay, yeah, his "advertising" method might be called creative, but he did it wrong. Yeah, at first he was succeeding in his goal. He convinced everyone he was crazy and drew a lot of attention to himself. But at the same time, he demonstrated to Nintendo that he wasn't exactly a stable partner to enter into business with. They're protective of their development kits for a reason, and Bob didn't really come off as "trustworthy". And like I said before, by the time he reached the Nintendo World stunt, he'd begun to alienate everyone, and his image really shifted from "insane" to "douche".

So yeah, it was a creative form of an alternate reality game, but by the end he was just being a huge d**k.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff