Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
Welcome Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:22 pm
Introduce yourself here.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 pm
So, here I am. Mistercombine. I myself have a near-professional disdain for...well, quite a bit of things. But, I usually don't let that get in the way of a good debate, as long as it doesn't degenerate into a caps lock free-for-all.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 pm
mistercombine
So, here I am. Mistercombine. I myself have a near-professional disdain for...well, quite a bit of things. But, I usually don't let that get in the way of a good debate, as long as it doesn't degenerate into a caps lock free-for-all.

Nice to meet you. Hopefully we can get this guild operating so we can have some debate nights.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 pm
That would be much better than the topic spam as well as the periodic GD raids in ED. Gads, they get old right quick.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:09 pm
mistercombine
That would be much better than the topic spam as well as the periodic GD raids in ED. Gads, they get old right quick.

Invite thy friends!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine

Invite thy friends!

Stutch. We need Stutch.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm
mistercombine
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine

Invite thy friends!

Stutch. We need Stutch.

I think I invited that guy and he told me to go ******** myself... hahaha.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:14 pm
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine

Invite thy friends!

Stutch. We need Stutch.

Well, sounds like Stutch. Browse for someone that isn't widely known but can hold a decent argument, ego can get in the waw of many things.  

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:17 pm
Well I must be off for tonight, but I'll be on tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:12 pm
Hey, I'm Angel (no, not my REAL name).

I'm known for being rather funny, very compassionate (when I feel such is deserved), and being a "logical" thinker. I have very little tolerance for idiocy, unless it's being in a joking manner.

I do not care much for politics, but I am VERY anti-censorship, and I could go on a long winded rant about why, if I had to. I am a STRONG supporter for the right to conceal and carry firearms.

I put a RIDICULOUS level of pride into my hair, and my status as a redhead. It's my pride and joy. I am not shy about admitting that my biggest fear being going bald.

I am OBSESSED with professional wrestling. And have a respectable understanding of the "secrets" involved. If you have a question about pro wrestling, and I MYSELF can not answer it, it's probably a pretty damn good secret. Hell, I'm watching wrestling as I type this! WWE Superstars!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 pm
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine

Invite thy friends!

Stutch. We need Stutch.

Invite Fresnel. He, Dion, and I are sorta like the 3 amigos, you could say. And he's a GENIUS with firearms discussions, and he can hold a pretty good debate.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:23 pm
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine

Invite thy friends!

Stutch. We need Stutch.

Invite Fresnel. He, Dion, and I are sorta like the 3 amigos, you could say. And he's a GENIUS with firearms discussions, and he can hold a pretty good debate.

I shall!  

DioxazinePlum

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:07 pm
Oh yes, I found an introductory post.

My name is Misti; as it irks me when referred to by my username, you are free to call me such. If you tell me your name I will feel inclined to use it.
I am 20 years old and going to university at IU for a double major in astronomy and astrophysics. I plan to transfer to Notre Dame shortly.
I was born in Australia but now live in Indiana. I don't really know why. neutral
I'm a vegetarian for health reasons. I'm also a libertarian and an agnostic; sometimes I refer to myself as an agnostic theist, other times I feel more like an agnostic atheist, but my agnosticism itself is unchanging.
I live with my father, who is a neurosurgeon (read: cool). My mum is a pharmaceutical researcher and photojournalist, so she is rarely home. I have an older brother who is in his early twenties and already married with a daughter. He's moved back to Queensland and is studying criminal justice and some kind of government intelligence s**t, I don't know - all I know is it sounds cool. I had a younger brother but he passed away a long time ago, which threw my own life for a loop... I doubt I will ever recover but the only person it affects is me, so it's of little concern.
I'm into philosophy, politics (it's a complicated love-hate relationship), general debate - I overly enjoy playing the devil's advocate for no particular reason - cloud-watching, hanging out with friends, and playing video games, among other things. I'm very partial to cyber- and steampunk.
I have weird views on life and death and the universe in general, so I tend to keep them to myself for fear of depressing others. It's one of many habits I picked up from my little brah.
I am the notorious pantsu on LiveJournal. You might have heard of me, as I am hated by the vast majority of LJ users. They also tend to be very liberal, so I expect it.
Disclaimer: I have nothing against liberals. That's all on them.

Let's play a little game. Give me a random fact about yourself. Let me start off:
I have a weird habit of wiping off the rims of cans and glasses after I've taken a sip of whatever I'm drinking.

ok go.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:09 pm
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine
DioxazinePlum
mistercombine

Invite thy friends!

Stutch. We need Stutch.

That's a shame. I like him a lot more than I am quick to admit.  

Kuchen Fairy

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:24 pm
Fresnel here. I'm 19, 20 next month. I'm a card-carrying Libertarian and a strong believer in the constitution. I have the same obsession with guns that many macho men have with cars (alliteration win). I'm extremely sarcastic and many of my comments are made tongue-in-cheek, so try to keep that in mind. I don't read much, but I used to. I don't watch much TV, but I used to. I don't get cable, I haven't seen a lot of the movies you'd expect me to, and I'm working on the latter as soon as I can find a friend with a good taste in action movies. I'm an Arizona resident, I'm currently unemployed, and have been both for a very long time (though not the same long time; I've lived here much longer). As such I've got quite the internet addiction.

I think that's more or less it, really.  
Blabber

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces