Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Revelations Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

end times ???
  yes
  no
  don't care
View Results

Kurina119

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 am
this is not maent to be depressing or anything like that.

just wanted to put my view out there so here goes.

I am and always will be a christian, i believe in God, and his son Jesus Christ.

alot of christians in this current day believe that we are living in the end times as is stated in the book of revelations. I too share this view. looking at the world the way it is today with all it's hate violence and sickness.

there alot of topics i could make to further my case but i'll start simple, this is known fact to me and my view on things.

first off we have China which earlier this year wanted a global currency. combined with the current world wide recession, as well as the government flooding our currency. there are alot of things that have been going on as far as money go and I see them leading one way.

The Verichip a chip the size of a grain of rice that is only to be placed in the right hand or the forehead, exactly as revelations tells us. combined with veripay, an entirely credit based system where all information will be stored in this chip, it would be used to buy and sell and would be required to do so. revelations says 'and noone will be able to buy or sell with out the mark of the beast' I would suggest to google the verichip and see what turns up.

as well as there being references to wars and rumors of wars in revelations as well as disease and famine, which we know have been on the uprise, swine flue anyone?

any thoughts or questions?
(forgive my thought process it's kinda lacking at the moment been up for 24 hours sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:52 am
Forgive me, I'm not that familiar with the bible. If revelations describes a grain of rice in the skin, do you think it possible that someone read it and then decided to make it? Rather than it being prophecy?

As far as end times, I have no idea. All I have to say is the problems we are experiencing now aren't any different than we experienced in the past. The only difference is we are all more aware of what we are doing.  

DioxazinePlum

Kurina119

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 am
it dosn't necessarilly talk about a grain of rice only that, we must take the mark to buy or sell if they pass use of the verichip we would be required to have it in order to buy or sell. as far as us making this stuff up as we go and it not being prophecy. yes they obviously know that this book the bible tells us about this event but they still go ahead with it anyways. they know that we will refuse and thus they can get rid of us or try to anyways. which is also in revelations, it says we will be persecuted for what we believe in. so even if they know that we will object why would they do it in the first place.

if it was not meant to be that way why would it be in the bible? sadly we are but pawns in a gigantic game of chess.

I think it's because the bible says it will happen that it is happening, noone can deny God they can try but ultimatly God is in control now and forever.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:10 am
DioxazinePlum
Forgive me, I'm not that familiar with the bible. If revelations describes a grain of rice in the skin, do you think it possible that someone read it and then decided to make it? Rather than it being prophecy?

As far as end times, I have no idea. All I have to say is the problems we are experiencing now aren't any different than we experienced in the past. The only difference is we are all more aware of what we are doing.

as far as the past goes we have indeed been through this once before back when Noah built the Ark and God flooded the earth. there are theories that man was more advanced then others that claim giants. all in all we are getting to a point where God must step in we are growing too wicked and his judgment will come upon us as it did then but this time for good.

and i disagree we are not any more aware than we were then because if we were again why would we proceed knowing what lies ahead?  

Kurina119

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 am
Revelations does not predict the end of days. Rather, it is a metaphorical analysis of Nero's reign as Rome's emperor. Additionally, a lot of people make proclamations in regards to revelations that are not canon.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:41 am
Dion Necurat
Revelations does not predict the end of days. Rather, it is a metaphorical analysis of Nero's reign as Rome's emperor. Additionally, a lot of people make proclamations in regards to revelations that are not canon.
well it what i believe

as they say to each his own  

Kurina119

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 pm
Well, if I see a guy on horseback chasing me with a flaming sword, yeah, I'm calling it quits.

But, it should be noted, that EVERY stage of humanity, that has had the bible, has sorta wondered if they were living in the "revelations" time period, and looking for signs. I've often found myself looking for those signs, myself. Revelations happens to be my favorite book of the bible, due to the creepy and cryptic nature of it.

So, while I'm not convinced that this is the time of Revelation, still, we'll always wonder if "today" is, until the time that there's undeniable proof. Even if it means we suspect, for 500 years. It's the nature of human fear, and curiosity.

Also, keep in mind that the Book of Revelations doesn't actually predict "the end of days", but the end of the era. In which there will be created "New Heaven" and "New Earth". This could possibly refer to an event already passed, without our knowing, or, the "New Earth" could be a reference to humanity terraforming a new planet to inhabit, as the Earth itself only has so much longer, with our blatant abuse of it.

It doesn't necessarily mean the end of humanity, just the end of this given planet.

Dion Necurat

Are you, by chance, referencing the guys in the street with cardboard signs that say "THE END IS NEAR!", or something else entirely?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:02 pm
black_wing_angel
Well, if I see a guy on horseback chasing me with a flaming sword, yeah, I'm calling it quits.

But, it should be noted, that EVERY stage of humanity, that has had the bible, has sorta wondered if they were living in the "revelations" time period, and looking for signs. I've often found myself looking for those signs, myself. Revelations happens to be my favorite book of the bible, due to the creepy and cryptic nature of it.

So, while I'm not convinced that this is the time of Revelation, still, we'll always wonder if "today" is, until the time that there's undeniable proof. Even if it means we suspect, for 500 years. It's the nature of human fear, and curiosity.
ultimatly as you have said we won't know for sure untill it happens, but I look forward to that day.  

Kurina119

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:31 pm
tack119
black_wing_angel

ultimatly as you have said we won't know for sure untill it happens, but I look forward to that day.

I don't know if I do. Revelations is supposed to be a time of fear and despair. And I'd rather not see those days, with my own eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:39 pm
User Image

I don't think it's the end. Humanity has faced far worse.

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

Pink Rain Today

Akikan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:54 pm
2012 s**t is going down. by that time www 3 is going to be declared by what nostradomis says  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:26 pm
black_wing_angel

Also, keep in mind that the Book of Revelations doesn't actually predict "the end of days", but the end of the era. In which there will be created "New Heaven" and "New Earth". This could possibly refer to an event already passed, without our knowing, or, the "New Earth" could be a reference to humanity terraforming a new planet to inhabit, as the Earth itself only has so much longer, with our blatant abuse of it.

It doesn't necessarily mean the end of humanity, just the end of this given planet.

Dion Necurat

Are you, by chance, referencing the guys in the street with cardboard signs that say "THE END IS NEAR!", or something else entirely?

Nah, those guys are amusing. Its just my usual shot at people who think Dante's Inferno is canon.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:29 pm
Dion Necurat
black_wing_angel

Dion Necurat

Nah, those guys are amusing. Its just my usual shot at people who think Dante's Inferno is canon.

Ah yes. The same people that think that the Da Vinci code is real.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:44 pm
black_wing_angel
Dion Necurat
black_wing_angel

Dion Necurat

Ah yes. The same people that think that the Da Vinci code is real.

Those people are ******** stupid. It says in the book that it is a complete work of fiction. Difficulty reading?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

His Supreme Excellency

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:48 pm
As an atheist, my Biblese is out of practice. But doesn't it say something to the effect of nobody being able to predict the end times? Furthermore, haven't people been predicting the end of days since near the beginning of days? One coincidence does not a conspiracy make, my friend.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff