is awesome!
  is here for the lulz.
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:20 pm
Not that I have any problems with it.
I find it hilarious.

I happened to be on CNN.com earlier today and randomly ended up on Times Most Influential Person.

I expected it to be Obama or Oprah or someone like that, but it was...... *drum roll*

moot

Don't know who that is?
Think for a second.... where has rickrolling, lolcats, and pretty much every other popular internet meme come from?

4chan.org

The founder of 4chan has been voted the most influential person.
And he won by a landslide. /b/ could have gone in and messed with the votes since it was an internet poll but I'm not kidding when I say he won by a landslide.
4chan has got some awesome powers but I don't think they could have thrown the vote by that much. 14k votes is a lot to win by.

But what are your thoughts on that?

Personally, I really do find it hilarious as I said earlier though I do see why some people would be concerned by it. I guess my friends aren't on the internet enough though.... none of them so far have understood why I find it so funny.

And I won't link 4chan because it's got a lot of NSFW stuff. srsly. It's a kind of scary place sometimes. But I already said it was 4chan.org so if you want to go then I'm not stopping you.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:47 pm
I try to avoid 4chan. I do enjoy some memes, though.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Dornkus
I try to avoid 4chan. I do enjoy some memes, though.

I usually try to avoid it too but I'll go everyonce in a while to see if there's anything funny.

But I still think the founder being voted the most influential person is the highlight of my day. It was so random.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
to be honest, im not that surprised...
i mean, moot probally had a good 70-90% of the 12-19 year olds voting for him (excluding myself, i didnt even know about the poll until i saw this thread)

and Dornkus, STAY THE F*** OFF OF /b/!!!
4chan may be the a*****e of the internet, but /b/ is, well, dont think to hard about it...  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm
Well I'm not a /b/tard or anything but I'm surprised he actually get into the nominees. Time didn't seem too happy that he won the poll by a FREAKING LANDSLIDE.

The person after him had 14,000 less votes.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games