Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Life time wants (even more problems)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eienchi

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:27 am
I'm so confused about LTW
All of my sims have the same lifetime want.
EVERY one of them. Something must be wrong
Everysim wants to the top of the science ladder.
(also when you fill it, they seem to want another thing. Do you have to fill that one too?)
Seriously How can I fix this...Everyone wants to be the same thing.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:05 pm
It does sound as though something odd is going on but it IS possible to alter their lifetime want.

Firstly though it is perfectly normal for a Sim to get a new LTW after fulfilling the first one. It doesn't have to be filled though. You don't have to fulfill the first one if you don't want to.

-In order to alter a Sim's existing LTW you will need to activate debug mode by opening the cheat box and typing in 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true'.
-Hold down the shift key and click on a Sim. It doesn't matter which. You should see an option to 'Spawn...'. Click on that and then click on 'Sim Modder'. A little figure of a baby should appear next to the Sim you clicked on.
-Now make sure you have the Sim selected that you want to change the LTW of. Click on the baby and there should be a LTW option there. I think its on a submenu branch. Sorry I can't be more specific.
There should be three options like 'Normal Recalc', 'Cycle All Wants' and a third one.
'Normal Recalc' will choose a random LTW normally available for that Sim's aspiration. 'Cycle All Wants' will choose a random LTW from all available LTWs and I can't remember the third.
-Keep doing this until the Sim gets the LTW you want for them. Then remember to turn off debug mode (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false)

If you have any hacks or mods in your game then I suggest removing them the next time you plan on creating a new adult/teen Sim, or have one age up, and see if they get a different LTW.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Eienchi

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:48 am
I will most def do that. I'm tired of everyone wanting to do the same thing. XD I don't know when the glitch started but Now i can just go around it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 pm
Menaceman
It does sound as though something odd is going on but it IS possible to alter their lifetime want.

Firstly though it is perfectly normal for a Sim to get a new LTW after fulfilling the first one. It doesn't have to be filled though. You don't have to fulfill the first one if you don't want to.

-In order to alter a Sim's existing LTW you will need to activate debug mode by opening the cheat box and typing in 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true'.
-Hold down the shift key and click on a Sim. It doesn't matter which. You should see an option to 'Spawn...'. Click on that and then click on 'Sim Modder'. A little figure of a baby should appear next to the Sim you clicked on.
-Now make sure you have the Sim selected that you want to change the LTW of. Click on the baby and there should be a LTW option there. I think its on a submenu branch. Sorry I can't be more specific.
There should be three options like 'Normal Recalc', 'Cycle All Wants' and a third one.
'Normal Recalc' will choose a random LTW normally available for that Sim's aspiration. 'Cycle All Wants' will choose a random LTW from all available LTWs and I can't remember the third.
-Keep doing this until the Sim gets the LTW you want for them. Then remember to turn off debug mode (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false)

If you have any hacks or mods in your game then I suggest removing them the next time you plan on creating a new adult/teen Sim, or have one age up, and see if they get a different LTW.

OOOHHKK
Um I can't get the Sim modder to spawn.
I can get the Tombstone of L and D to spawn just fine.
But When I click on the sim modder nothing happens.  

Eienchi

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:07 am
Hmm, sounds like a reinstall may be called for. sad

I can't think why the SimModder wouldn't spawn. I think it first came with Nightlife and should have been included with every pack since then.

You could always give the extracted version a go.
http://nene.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=91161
I don't know if it is still compatable with later packs now or not though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:22 pm
The Item didn't show up....
Ok so I guess I have to re install. Can I Still keep my custom Neightborhoods? With custom sims/familys  

Eienchi

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:57 pm
Yeah sure. Just make a copy of your My Documents>EA Games>Sims 2 folder contents before you uninstall the game. Because of the size it's usually best to copy to disks or an external hard drive. Your desktop is fine if you have enough space on there.

When you reinstall the game I would run it first before putting your old files back to check if everything is working. See if you can spawn the SimModder.

If everything seems ok then go ahead and delete the new Sims 2 folder and replace it with your backed up copy.

If the problem returns though, then it probably means your user files have been corrupted somehow and you will have to start afresh.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:59 pm
Thank you for always being so helpful!
I will do that right now.  

Eienchi

Eienchi

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:56 am
Close the thread everything is fixed.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers