Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
iPhone v. AT&T service Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 am
We've all heard people complain about AT&T reception and customer service. Is the iphone enough to make you leave your carrier for AT&T?

I'm currently verizon wireless, and although I'm thinking about it, I'd hate to give up my awesome reception.

What about you? If you have an iphone, how is the service?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:18 pm
DioxazinePlum
We've all heard people complain about AT&T reception and customer service. Is the iphone enough to make you leave your carrier for AT&T?

Hell no. It's just a phone with more gadgets than you'll ever ******** need, much less, probably ever use.

I'm happy with my US Cellular Razr. It allows me to do the things I want/need to do, with none of the extra crap.

Quote:
I'm currently verizon wireless, and although I'm thinking about it, I'd hate to give up my awesome reception.

Reception is the most important thing to a phone. Who cares if it can play mp3's, video games, movies, TV shows, make toast, walk the dog, and give you the best sex you ever had, if your service sucks? If taking a step to the right, is the difference between "Hey! How's it going?" and "Hello? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME?", then it's not worth having the damn phone, regardless of what gizmos they put on it to distract from the piss-poor service.

In short, stick with what you have.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:23 pm
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum

Hell no. It's just a phone with more gadgets than you'll ever ******** need, much less, probably ever use.

I'm happy with my US Cellular Razr. It allows me to do the things I want/need to do, with none of the extra crap.

Quote:

Reception is the most important thing to a phone. Who cares if it can play mp3's, video games, movies, TV shows, make toast, walk the dog, and give you the best sex you ever had, if your service sucks? If taking a step to the right, is the difference between "Hey! How's it going?" and "Hello? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME?", then it's not worth having the damn phone, regardless of what gizmos they put on it to distract from the piss-poor service.

I keep going back and forth in my head about this haha. My contract ends in about a month with Verizon. iphone? reception? iphone? reception? I'd say im leaning towards keeping my blackberry at the moment.

AT&T is so lame. I just moved into an apt. and the internet isn't getting through because of "interference". Its taking them TWO WEEKS to send someone out to me. No one has been able to tell us whether or not we will have to pay for these two weeks without service. Obviously, we would kill before we paid for it, but their customer service is lame. Just lame.

You're right. ******** AT&T!  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Verizon doesn't provide internet in our area. =(  

DioxazinePlum

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:20 pm
I refuse to buy an Apple Products (Yes, even an Ipod. MP3 player is good enough for me) I've heard that the AT&T service for the Ipod is realtively poor, and the fact that it's locked into that service is a major turn off. I stick to Verizon because it's got a wide range for me, and covers most of the areas I travel to.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 pm
mistercombine
I refuse to buy an Apple Products (Yes, even an Ipod. MP3 player is good enough for me) I've heard that the AT&T service for the Ipod is realtively poor, and the fact that it's locked into that service is a major turn off. I stick to Verizon because it's got a wide range for me, and covers most of the areas I travel to.

Yeah I used to be like that, then they sucked me in, Apple.  

DioxazinePlum

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:41 am
DioxazinePlum
black_wing_angel
DioxazinePlum

Quote:

I keep going back and forth in my head about this haha. My contract ends in about a month with Verizon. iphone? reception? iphone? reception? I'd say im leaning towards keeping my blackberry at the moment.

AT&T is so lame. I just moved into an apt. and the internet isn't getting through because of "interference". Its taking them TWO WEEKS to send someone out to me. No one has been able to tell us whether or not we will have to pay for these two weeks without service. Obviously, we would kill before we paid for it, but their customer service is lame. Just lame.

You're right. ******** AT&T!

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Let's see, what is it Fresnel says about me?

Fresnel
Angel: Solving every situation with "******** [pronoun]"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:09 am
I'm a regular Mac-o-phile. I'm on a ten-year-old iMac while my MacBook is in the shop (minor cosmetic repair, wouldn't be worth it if it weren't free), I've got a twelve-year-old PowerMac on the table next to me, and I've got an iPod in my car. Personally, I don't want an iPhone. I've got an LG VX8350, and the thing's ******** AWESOME for a $20 phone (with $20 discount, ******** yes). It's cheap, it's reliable, it's hardy, and it gets excellent reception for a pebble phone. Also, the music player feature is nice, if tedious to update. I just can't justify $300 for a fragile phone full of s**t I'll never use.

Also, the MacBook Air is the most massive failure this side of the ET video game. Seriously, what the ******** where they thinking?  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:14 am
Fresnel
I'm a regular Mac-o-phile. I'm on a ten-year-old iMac while my MacBook is in the shop (minor cosmetic repair, wouldn't be worth it if it weren't free), I've got a twelve-year-old PowerMac on the table next to me, and I've got an iPod in my car. Personally, I don't want an iPhone. I've got an LG VX8350, and the thing's ******** AWESOME for a $20 phone (with $20 discount, ******** yes). It's cheap, it's reliable, it's hardy, and it gets excellent reception for a pebble phone. Also, the music player feature is nice, if tedious to update. I just can't justify $300 for a fragile phone full of s**t I'll never use.

Also, the MacBook Air is the most massive failure this side of the ET video game. Seriously, what the ******** where they thinking?

Great reference, Fres. I got a good laugh out of that one, because I know the story. A ******** of cartridges buried in the American Desert somewhere, I think it was in Arizona, wasn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:21 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

Great reference, Fres. I got a good laugh out of that one, because I know the story. A ******** of cartridges buried in the American Desert somewhere, I think it was in Arizona, wasn't it?
Alamogordo, NM. Same city as the first atomic bomb testing. Apt burial site, no?  

Fresnel

Citizen

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 am
Fresnel

I think its hilarious you referenced the ET game... haha.

I played Spore for about a week, and then it wasn't fun anymore. =( My poor mac. I do have a PC though that I use as a dirty bittorent whore.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:53 am
DioxazinePlum
Fresnel

I played Spore for about a week, and then it wasn't fun anymore. =( My poor mac. I do have a PC though that I use as a dirty bittorent whore.
My girlfriend bought me Portal for my birthday last year. It's well within the system specs of my computer in Boot Camp, but it wouldn't work. The farthest I got was walking through the first portal, then it crashed. Couldn't even get the main menu again. Come to find out that the entire Orange Box won't run on any Intel graphics card, including my GMA950. A patch will be released "soon". Still waiting. ********.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:02 am
Fresnel
DioxazinePlum
Fresnel

My girlfriend bought me Portal for my birthday last year. It's well within the system specs of my computer in Boot Camp, but it wouldn't work. The farthest I got was walking through the first portal, then it crashed. Couldn't even get the main menu again. Come to find out that the entire Orange Box won't run on any Intel graphics card, including my GMA950. A patch will be released "soon". Still waiting. ******** class="clear">

That's ******** up, dude...

And I know a thing or 2 about being promised something "soon". 8 months is not "soon" if you ask ******** Discover card...  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:10 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
DioxazinePlum
Fresnel

My girlfriend bought me Portal for my birthday last year. It's well within the system specs of my computer in Boot Camp, but it wouldn't work. The farthest I got was walking through the first portal, then it crashed. Couldn't even get the main menu again. Come to find out that the entire Orange Box won't run on any Intel graphics card, including my GMA950. A patch will be released "soon". Still waiting. ******** class="clear">

And I know a thing or 2 about being promised something "soon". 8 months is not "soon" if you ask ******** Discover card...
You're obviously not a geologist then. xd  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:15 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
DioxazinePlum
Fresnel

You're obviously not a geologist then. xd

When you're waiting to get back about $3000 worth of money they never had the right to take away in the first place, 8 months is LONG.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff