View Results

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 am
I drew a picture, and I'd like your opinions.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:17 pm
Not bad, it's cool that you used perspective in the scene. I still kinda suck at that. I have 2 bits of advice for you:

First, to improve your anatomy drawing, work from photos. (Obviously for the dragon bits there aren't photos, but for the human body references are always a good idea, no matter how good you get.)

And second, this is just a pet peeve of mine... please, please, please get some unlined paper. Steal paper out of the printers at school if you have to XD I've done that myself a few times. But if you can get a sketchbook, that's even better. Just makes all your drawings look that much more professional.

3nodding  

hazzwolf

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:42 pm
Cool, thanks for the advice biggrin
But... I actually do look like that. I have no muscle on my chest. My problem, kinda, isn't human anatomy, it's wrinkles. :p  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:59 pm
If you just lack muscle mass then looking into the way cloth pulls against your body is the way to go. If you can't look at yourself in the mirror or others from real life for reference, there are some websites that can help you understand the way your body pulls against fabric.

You may find it easier to put fabric folds into a more dyamic pose than this one so perhaps more practise of proportions in vary poses would be best before moving onto clothing folds.

Despite that, I suggest looking at this for clothing fold help. It's a little overwhelming at first, but with enough comparison to the real world you will soon notice how folds work.

Good Luck  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

Demian Mizire

5,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:19 am
I cant see it...  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Manage Your Items