Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:12 am
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/04/state_road_crews_discovered_th.html

That road crew...
If I was part of that road crew and spotted those weapons in the water...

I would not have said anything and later that day I would have pulled my truck or car next to that creek and threw them all in.

crying

WHY>??!?!?!?!?!!?  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:20 am
Quote:
The firepower ... is il­legal to own, still in working condition and probably worth in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Bullshit, it's not illegal to own. Of course, assuming it is, how can you put a price on it?

You know, I hope these weapons end up in a museum. It's probably the most dignified end possible at this point.

God those are beautiful guns. What's that big thing on the far right? Looks like a flamethrower cut from the tank.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:50 pm
Fresnel
Quote:
The firepower ... is il­legal to own, still in working condition and probably worth in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Bullshit, it's not illegal to own. Of course, assuming it is, how can you put a price on it?

You know, I hope these weapons end up in a museum. It's probably the most dignified end possible at this point.

God those are beautiful guns. What's that big thing on the far right? Looks like a flamethrower cut from the tank.
that there my friend is a Japanese mortar, an older model then the one in this pic though.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
also... looks like most of them are missing the upper receivers..... they shouldn't even fire.... and where int he hell are you going to get ammo for those?

Edit:
with the exception of the tompson  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:51 pm
Orkronos
Fresnel
Quote:

that there my friend is a Japanese mortar, an older model then the one in this pic though.
also... looks like most of them are missing the upper receivers..... they shouldn't even fire.... and where int he hell are you going to get ammo for those?

Edit:
with the exception of the tompson
No, not the mortar. Below and to the right of the mortar. Looks like either a tankless flamethrower or a heavy MG.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 pm
Considering the only gun in that lot that you could get ammo for would be the Thompson, the rest are, in essence, museum pieces. Ever tried pricing ammo for the 6mm and 7mm Ariska rifles? And lord only knows what caliber the Italian machine gun is.

I think I would have tried to appeal to the anti-federal mindset you can still find in that part of the country and divvy up the guns among those who found them. Screw the feds. Finders keepers!  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:07 pm
So, what would be a smarter choice?

Selling to a museum, or selling on Ebay?

Sure, the public would be able to appreciate seeing the weapons in a museum, but i think you'd make more dough online  

Anima_Raptor

Thdark

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:43 pm
Except you can't sell Firearms on eBay.
But other then THAT, they could fetch quite a pretty penny.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:53 pm
1. Don't say a thing, come back later to pick them up.
2. Keep the Tommy, sell the rest to a museum.
3. ???
4. PROFIT  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:25 pm
Floyd
Considering the only gun in that lot that you could get ammo for would be the Thompson, the rest are, in essence, museum pieces. Ever tried pricing ammo for the 6mm and 7mm Ariska rifles? And lord only knows what caliber the Italian machine gun is.

I think I would have tried to appeal to the anti-federal mindset you can still find in that part of the country and divvy up the guns among those who found them. Screw the feds. Finders keepers!
Japanese 7mm is easily made from one of the more common .30 cal rounds. I think the Italian MG is a Breda, running on 8x59mm RB Breda. No idea, but I'm certain you could make that from something.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:52 pm
Fresnel
Floyd

Japanese 7mm is easily made from one of the more common .30 cal rounds. I think the Italian MG is a Breda, running on 8x59mm RB Breda. No idea, but I'm certain you could make that from something.
yes but when is the average criminal that smart?  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:20 pm
Orkronos
Fresnel
Floyd

Who said anything about criminals?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 am
I'd keep the Tommy gun and the Italian machinegun.

I'm Italian you see...

I hope they do end up in a museum, but, when the ATF is involved, it wont end well.

I'm not sure but, when a weapon such as a firearm goes into a museum, don't they get deactivated?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:52 am
OberFeldwebel

I'm Italian you see...

I hope they do end up in a museum, but, when the ATF is involved, it wont end well.

I'm not sure but, when a weapon such as a firearm goes into a museum, don't they get deactivated?
It's deactivated or steamrollered. Best they stay three-dimensional.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:53 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

I'm Italian you see...

It's deactivated or steamrollered. Best they stay three-dimensional.

crying  

OberFeldwebel

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:44 pm
Fresnel
Orkronos
Fresnel
Floyd

Who said anything about criminals?
the ATF
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff