Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
i haz qeestion fer teh DT (and anybody with FireFox)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

halpz?
  -.-
  sure
View Results

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 pm
i downloaded FireFox a couple of weeks ago, any recommended addons i should download?
ive already got the following (in alphabetical order):

BabelFish
Cooliris
DownloadHelper
DownThemAll
Java Quick Starter (addon? cant remember how i got that ^.^; )
Screengrab
GaiaOnline Toolbar 2.1
UnPlug  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:53 pm
i have firefox but seriously I dont have those stuff in my computer stare
well uhm.. addons can make your computer slow you know..  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Docxime

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:09 am
just download them as you need them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 am
I've got internet explorer, so I don't know. Presumably all the essantials will already be there. Perhaps it's best to just use it for a while, and then whenever you find a gap in what you want to do and what you can do, you shoudl download the tool then. that way you only get what you need.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:07 am
I use mozilla! (I never used to until PrinceSeiko introduced it)
I use it without any plug-ons. I find that's it fast running and really smooth without anything (plus I really don't need anything much). I get to gaia really fast b/c I bookmark the guild into mozilla's toolbar. ^_^ That's what I mainly love about mozilla too. Make use of the toolbar (bookmark toolbar). It can come in handy! ^_^

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:40 am
I don't use Firefox.

I actually use Opera. I don't know where it came from but my mom downloaded it on the computer one day and was like "use this internet since a computer person told me hackers target internet explorer and I think that's why we keep getting viruses"

And I didn't have any objection so I used it and I actually like it much better than any other browser I've used.
My favorite feature of it is if you set it to, it won't close your windows when you close the internet. So I can leave all my usual tabs open then come back the next day or the next week even and open the window with those same tabs open without having to do a thing.

It works pretty quickly and smoothly too.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:44 am
Cool smile
Internet explorer keeps on irritating me, sicne it has a habit of crashing because fo a 'runtime error' (whatever that means).
But I've used it all my life so i'll probably not change. makes things complicated haha  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 am
@DT Yeah same here! On the occasions I get an error if too many windows are open its so annoying! Without even a warning it closes down! And then its also slow....  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:16 pm
I'd think about changing it, but I'd be worried that certain features might stop working or something ><  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:49 am
so i take it im the only one in the guild with FireFox?

yes, i know addons can make my computer slow, but the addons for FF are generally pretty small (less than 3-5 mb) and, those are the only ones i currently have installed, so ish still fast >.<

and i though you had FF, DT...
you made a topic awhile back saying that you downloaded something that lets you get a vid from youtube with the url or something (which for FF, is DownloadHelper, need to pay to get a registration code, but thats just to be able to convert it file to MP3, which i dont need, having LimeWire >.>  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Docxime

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:07 am
xylert
so i take it im the only one in the guild with FireFox?

yes, i know addons can make my computer slow, but the addons for FF are generally pretty small (less than 3-5 mb) and, those are the only ones i currently have installed, so ish still fast >.<

and i though you had FF, DT...
you made a topic awhile back saying that you downloaded something that lets you get a vid from youtube with the url or something (which for FF, is DownloadHelper, need to pay to get a registration code, but thats just to be able to convert it file to MP3, which i dont need, having LimeWire >.>

i have firefox. i don't think the add ons make too much difference either way......its not like you can't delete them afterwards.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:44 am
Nope, I've got internet explorer. the thingy I downloaded was free - youtbe downloader.
(I loves it! lol)  

dragontamer363
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas