Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
Generic gaming thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 pm
Because Gaming Discussion is s**t lately.

What are your favourite games? Which ones do you suck at? TELL ME. mad

I only play consoles or handhelds. PC games, aside from RCT and TS2, suck. I'm best at FPS games and strategies, though certain RPGs I can boss, like .hack. I like stealth games too. My favourite games would have to be Assassin's Creed, Left 4 Dead, Fire Emblem, Bioshock, Ace Attorney, Call of Duty, Baten Kaitos... stuff like that. AC is by far my most fave.

I really suck at timed puzzles. Sometimes I suck at timed everything, because when I know I'm being timed I tend to not be able to concentrate on anything except the fact that... well, I'm being timed. Especially with puzzles, since I tend to take a long, long time figuring them out. I can do them, it just takes me forever and a half. Like Professor Layton? ******** that. s**t like the Sacred Grove puzzle in Twilight Princess is like, how in the ******** play anything though as long as they aren't MMORPGs with nerdy stigmas. It's not necessarily because they're nerdy, it's just generally the nerdy ones tend to look like they suck.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:16 am
Anything entertainment related in gaia forums is usually a sea of s**t.

Portal is probably my all time favorite game even though it was only a few hours long. Short, sweet and had endless charm. It actually made me feel bad about killing the endboss, what in the ********... D:
For shooters my all time favorite is still the N64's Perfect Dark since you can add a s**t load of npcs and load up your friends to detonate them in a room full of said nps and other such shits and giggles settings and capabilities that NEVER get old.
Then there's Fallout 3 which I am planning to try to kill every single npc possible in my next round just because I can.
My all time "still addicted to like some horrible drug" game is tetris for the Game Boy.

And what ones I suck at? Rock band but only the drums since my real life spacial awareness blows but is getting better.

I'll play literally anything but World of Warcraft (or the like) since I don't want to add to its kill count of social lives.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:45 am
Marathon, ********. First game to ever feature dual-wielding and multiplayer microphones. Booyah.

Recently I've been playing a lot of GTA: Liberty City Stories, and I just discovered that Ace Combat is really ******** fun. I may also be getting Need for Speed: Undercover... TODAY. ******** yes. Only maybe though, it depends if my girlfriend decides to buy it or not.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:54 pm
magmayoshi
I'll play literally anything but World of Warcraft (or the like) since I don't want to add to its kill count of social lives.

That’s how I am.  Even if it looked fun to me the nerd factor just kills it.  

Fresnel
Marathon, ********. First game to ever feature dual-wielding and multiplayer microphones. Booyah.

lmfao I remember that game.  Only got to play it a couple of times though.  

Kuchen Fairy

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:56 pm
Aaand I forgot to turn my full-width input off.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:20 pm
Silver Screen
Fresnel

Actually, it's free now, and supported entirely by fans. Like Linux, but more fun to play. Source.bungie.org if you care.  

Fresnel

Citizen

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:36 pm
Fresnel
Silver Screen
Fresnel

Actually, it's free now, and supported entirely by fans. Like Linux, but more fun to play. Source.bungie.org if you care.

Rockstar is also cool like that, games like grand theft auto 2 and the like you can download from them for free 3nodding
Edit:
http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/
Linky for those interested 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:02 pm
I suck at console FPS.

WHERE IS MY WASD WHERE!?!?  

The Curse

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 pm
The Curse
I suck at console FPS.

I don't see how in the flying balls anybody can be decent at PC FPS. The only PC game I can think of that I was partially good at in regards to shooting was Carnivores, and that's because I cheated. The T-Rex was never an easy kill - had to shoot 'em in the eyes and the only realistic way of doing that is hopping over the lava.

Speaking of dinosaurs, where the ******** is my egg update? Evolve, b***h.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:50 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Silver Screen
Fresnel

Rockstar is also cool like that, games like grand theft auto 2 and the like you can download from them for free 3nodding
Edit:
Dude, I have GTA2 for the PS. s**t sucks. Game's ******** terrible.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:52 am
Silver Screen
The Curse
I suck at console FPS.

I don't see how in the flying balls anybody can be decent at PC FPS. The only PC game I can think of that I was partially good at in regards to shooting was Carnivores, and that's because I cheated. The T-Rex was never an easy kill - had to shoot 'em in the eyes and the only realistic way of doing that is hopping over the lava.

Speaking of dinosaurs, where the ******** is my egg update? Evolve, b***h.
Yeah, it's tough with a mouse. 'S why I like Marathon. It was the very FIRST game with mouse-look, so they realized that you're going to suck at it and made it optional. I use the WASD keys to look and the arrow keys for movement. It works out fairly well. Most creatures are on eye-level anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:06 pm
My favorite game of all time, is Final Fantasy 7. ******** AWESOME GAME!

And there are very highly probable rumors going around about a remake for the PS3. And I ******** hope they're true, because the game is good, but the visuals weren't up to par with the storyline. So having a version where the visuals are as intense as the storyline, will be ******** SWEET!

Oh, and I also happen to love the Guilty Gear franchise of video games, too.

And, being the WWE fanatic that I am, playing WWE Smackdown Vs Raw titles, is a definite "yes".  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:37 am
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
Silver Screen
Fresnel

Edit:
Dude, I have GTA2 for the PS. s**t sucks. Game's ******** terrible.

I don't like it much either it fails compared to my GTA IV or the original GTA which I own, but you can also download there 3nodding
The playstation one wasn't as good as well >>;  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:40 am
black_wing_angel
My favorite game of all time, is Final Fantasy 7. ******** AWESOME GAME!

And there are very highly probable rumors going around about a remake for the PS3. And I ******** hope they're true, because the game is good, but the visuals weren't up to par with the storyline. So having a version where the visuals are as intense as the storyline, will be ******** SWEET!

And, being the WWE fanatic that I am, playing WWE Smackdown Vs Raw titles, is a definite "yes".

Well if not it will be for the next one or whatever one they could just steal the Advent Children models and s**t from.
Seen Final Fantasy: Advent Children Complete yet btw?  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:01 am
black_wing_angel
User Image

Who the ******** plays Guilty Gear any more? I mean ******** hate Axl. Always played Slayer.  
Blabber

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff