Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
OMGWTFNVG!!1!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What you see above are the "EyeClops Night Vision Infrared Stealth Goggles" ( http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Vision-Infrared-Stealth-Goggles/dp/B00153F5QA/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1ABP94QQ498S&colid=W5U5U8H9IY81 ). Yes, they're functional night vision goggles designed for kids. As a toy.

They're described as impractical and cut away depth perception but it's real working NVGs for $70!

I mean come on, like I'm not going to buy that?  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:51 am
I view that with the same policy as that knife that'll attach to a pistol rail that came out recently for $40.
That is, for that price, why the hell not?

The Iron Sponge

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:17 am
Quote:
Product Features

* Eyeclops night vision provides kids young and old with an authentic night vision experience like never before
* Powered by actual infra-red driven night vision technology, EyeClops Night Vision enables clear visibility up to 50 feet in even complete, pitch dark environments
* Conduct covert operations in your backyard, investigate nocturnal activities in your house and take games like hide n’ seek to a whole new level
* See up to 50' in complete darkness
* Eyeclops night vision lets you see in complete darkness
I think they were short on selling points.

It's also pretty awesome that it has both passive and active IR, as the active does give off a bit of red light from the center lamp.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:15 pm
Didn't I post something about this a while back?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:42 pm
I remember seeing the night vision goggles in walmart that were GLASSES WITH FLASHLIGHTS.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 pm
Inquisitor Brock
I remember seeing the night vision goggles in walmart that were GLASSES WITH FLASHLIGHTS.

... fail.  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:50 pm
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock

... fail.

Yes, I remember seeing those. They have green tinted lenses for that "authentic" experience.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:52 pm
Sam Fisher Cosplay  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:53 pm
The only possible use I could see for this would be paintballing at the dump near my friend's house at night. And I'm pretty sure those goggles wouldn't hold up to being hit by paintballs. Also, I can't wear them, a paintball mask AND my glasses at the same time.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:43 pm
User Image

SAM FISHER ******** YEAH  

The Drildo

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:40 pm
That Super Scot
User Image

SAM FISHER ******** YEAH
I love that game. My oldest sister got me that game for my birthday then my youngest sisters boyfriend stole it when he moved back to Michigan. My youngest sister got the game sent back to me, but didn't have the case for the game which had the product key for it. Eventually using my oldest sisters Ebay account I got another copy brand new & still sealed for like $10. I also got Doom 3 and the Doom 3: ROE expansion from eBay, but my sister ******** up on the transaction and sent the expansion to her dumbass boyfriend on the other side of the country. stare Still I got the original and a refund for the expansion pack. Back somewhat on topic though that was an absolutely amazing game. It is by far my favorite of the series. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 am
Requiem6661
The only possible use I could see for this would be paintballing at the dump near my friend's house at night. And I'm pretty sure those goggles wouldn't hold up to being hit by paintballs. Also, I can't wear them, a paintball mask AND my glasses at the same time.
Actually, they claim to be able to fit around small-frame glasses. Good luck with the mask though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:47 pm
Was at walmart with my girlfriend today and saw those. Price tag was $47.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:24 pm
ArmasTermin

What you see above are the "EyeClops Night Vision Infrared Stealth Goggles" ( http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Vision-Infrared-Stealth-Goggles/dp/B00153F5QA/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1ABP94QQ498S&colid=W5U5U8H9IY81 ). Yes, they're functional night vision goggles designed for kids. As a toy.

They're described as impractical and cut away depth perception but it's real working NVGs for $70!

Those would actually be perfect for me. It looks like you can only see out of the left eye, which sucks for everyone else but hell, only my left eye works anyway (born with an almost non functional right eye, luckily it moves alogn with the other one so i don't look like a gimp) so that would work just fine XD  

Anima_Raptor

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:04 am
Anima_Raptor
ArmasTermin

Those would actually be perfect for me. It looks like you can only see out of the left eye, which sucks for everyone else but hell, only my left eye works anyway (born with an almost non functional right eye, luckily it moves alogn with the other one so i don't look like a gimp) so that would work just fine XD
Sorry to say this, but I think they flipped that picture. I read somewhere that the right eye is the one that works.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games