Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ready for Mother's Day?
  Yes
  No
View Results

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:45 pm
Anyone have a special surprises/gifts for their mother that they would like to share?

I make a lemon cheesecake from scratch for the first time. Hopefully it tastes alright....if not I'll have to go with my backup plan and make an angel food cake.

I also plan to make her a card as well as flowers made from paper (I have this paper craft book...). I also plan to make a card and paper flower arrangement from my grandmother and godmother if time allows.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 pm
i have bought her the dvd big momma's house 2. this i because my family has an understanding that how much we insult one another i proportional to how much we care. also she signs her messeges to me with BIG MOMMA because of the consistant flow fat jokes. i don't think she'd want it any other way.  

Docxime

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Yup! Me and my sister will buy a card and then cook some food and a "Yum Yum" cake! (lol it's very yummy)  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:07 am
Mother's day's ver at this side of the pond. I got her a card that said soemthing like "Thanks for ptting up with me, anyone else would have asked for a refund!"

No idea what i'm going to do for father's day. I'm determined not to go down the road of buying more Jack Daniel's whiskey themed stuff - he's already got waay too many.
Guys are so hard to buy for! All he likes are boats,formula 1, beer & jack daniels.
Back when he was a truck driver at least tgat was a sort of theme. Now he's a plumber it's less interesting card-wise. Blarg.

*men are sodding impossible to buy for!*  

dragontamer363
Crew

Docxime

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:16 am
dragontamer363
Mother's day's ver at this side of the pond. I got her a card that said soemthing like "Thanks for ptting up with me, anyone else would have asked for a refund!"

No idea what i'm going to do for father's day. I'm determined not to go down the road of buying more Jack Daniel's whiskey themed stuff - he's already got waay too many.
Guys are so hard to buy for! All he likes are boats,formula 1, beer & jack daniels.
Back when he was a truck driver at least tgat was a sort of theme. Now he's a plumber it's less interesting card-wise. Blarg.

men are easy to buy for.- beer, whiskey, films, useless inventions, something offensive (t-shirt or novelties), tools, mugs (usually offensive), and if you are a girl you can get them clothes and they won't say a word.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 am
Well, I got my mom a card and some bath fizz
I also have to get her something here since she recently got a Gaia account, because she saw me on here.

Super Mega Nope
Crew

Andy _1134

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:22 am
This is a scary holiday If you forget your screwed. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:46 am
I just got home and I was supposed to buy my mom a cake before going home.. but all the shops were closed and it was raining heavy when I got home. so maybe tomorrow ?

Happy Mother's Day to your moms smile  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:47 am
Andy _1134
This is a scary holiday If you forget your screwed. burning_eyes

haha.. you got that right biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:49 am
MonkeyFen
Well, I got my mom a card and some bath fizz
I also have to get her something here since she recently got a Gaia account, because she saw me on here.

i think that's dangerous .. sweatdrop seeing my mom on gaia.. would suck.. she might see my ***** haha  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:54 am
apprently, my dad, my little brother and i (she came home from work with a box and i asked her what it was and she told me that it was from me, my little brother and my dad) all got my mom a box of choclate covered strawberries (think edible arrangements or something like that) so we're covered lol >.<

dragontamer363

im sorry DT, but i have to disagree with that statement.
me its easy:
video games
anime
manga

thats about it 4laugh

@zizzy:
you got your MOTHER on gaia?
@.@  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:02 am
i just remembered i actually missed mothers day and forgot to give her the dvd....woops. well there is always next year (unless she finds me)  

Docxime

Fate-J

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:27 am
Im getting her a yummy cake from that very nice pastries shop round the corner(:
Happy Mothers' Day!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:46 am
Docxime
dragontamer363

men are easy to buy for.- beer, whiskey, films, useless inventions, something offensive (t-shirt or novelties), tools, mugs (usually offensive), and if you are a girl you can get them clothes and they won't say a word.

I find my brother easier to shop for because we have similar tastes than my dad. I used try my hardest it making something or finding something for him that he would actually like but he always acts like he doesn't care...or at least that's the vibe I get. It's very disheartening.

I bought him a movie once-"Walk the Line" because he liked Johnny Cash but it ended up staying the plastic wrapper for several months. All the other movies he had gotten were immediately open and watched within the week....  

0Moon_Maiden0

Docxime

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:55 am
0Moon_Maiden0
Docxime
dragontamer363

I find my brother easier to shop for because we have similar tastes than my dad. I used try my hardest it making something or finding something for him that he would actually like but he always acts like he doesn't care...or at least that's the vibe I get. It's very disheartening.

I bought him a movie once-"Walk the Line" because he liked Johnny Cash but it ended up staying the plastic wrapper for several months. All the other movies he had gotten were immediately open and watched within the week....

if he's anything like my older brother he only makes a fuss if he didn't like the gift. i got my older brother jack dee live at the apollo and it took him six months to take it out of the wrapper......it took him about as long to say thanks.

i barely get any gifts off my dad so he gets barely any back in return. but alcohol always goes down well. it must the the family grumpy/stubborn gene.

we still get along well though lol  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces