Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RAWR I AM A BILL NYE
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:49 pm
Baritone:
I got my Baritone (Concert) on Tuesday, and I noticed.... It smells REALLY BAD. Like Dark chocolate. D: I stuck my hand in the bell, and it was all sticky. Dx I think mold or something might have gotten stuck in the pipes nearby the spit valves, because whenever I try to empty it, nothing comes out. .______.

I cannot wash it because:
1) I do not own it, it's the High school's.
2)The valve casing and screws are rusted shut, so there's no way I can remove the valves. (I can't even re-apply oil!)
3)My parents would have to pay for it if I broke it.

Trombone:
I do a monthly bath for my trombone, and suddenly, it started stinking. Badly. People in Jazz band make comments... And it has this line of somethng from the bell, and sea-foam colored gunk is in the slide connector. I have all the necessary supplies to clean it, but I DID use Vasaline for slide AND tuning slide cream (Couldn't find mine at the time... Dx) To be honest,I always fear my trombone will kill me. It could have mold. D:

Discuss:
Cleaning supplies for my Baritone that don't require water. (Wipes,etc,.)
What to do for my Trombone.
What's wrong with my Baritone's spit valves.
neutral

THANKS!!! 8D  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:52 pm
That Baritone seems in terrible shape D: I think you should ask your BD for another or something (if you could)

For your trombone, all I can say is get it cleaned. I'm not good with brass sorry x3  

-Kangaa
Captain

RAWR I AM A BILL NYE
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:25 pm
The problem is, Alec took the good Marching Baritone, and the highschool was supposed to give me a Marching one. x(

I can't really take it to a repair shop to get it cleaned... D;

I'll probably take my trombone home Monday afternoon and wash it, and bring it back Tuesday. I really don't know what I did to make it stink. Maybe the vasaline?

Thanks anyway. 8D  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm
ewww ure baritone sounds like its in bad shape. try a acid to get rid of the mold that might be in it? i normally use a mouth peice cleaner on my baritone, outside of it. *it doesnt reck it my teacher told me to once when we got stuck in the rain cause it didnt smell to nice cause the case got really wet cause of all the rain T.T* or try bathing it in something to get rid of mold. idk about the valves even tho mines in the same condition...but there should be holes on the bottom of where the valves are to get valve oil in it....or atleast there are on mine. idk if im of any help or not but i hope i couldof help..if anything atleast a lil bit  

Melody the Music Mistress

RAWR I AM A BILL NYE
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:30 pm
Well... the acid might burn or peel the lacquer.

-TOPIC CLOSED.
Reason: I do not own these anymore (unfortunately), there is no reason for cleaning it now. Thanks though.-  
Low Section Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games