Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
The Promised Land Duel Cards Game Shall CONTINUE!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:34 am
After nearly a year, I've decided that there's really no reason for TPL duel cards to not be finished. (or for me to at least complete that pokemon set I started)

If you want to help, please post here with your qualifications or PM me. The subforum is crew-only, but if you're trustworthy and helping a lot a promotion may be in store. If you're a new guy/gal (no offense) then crew probably isn't for you, but I'm positive there are ways you can help.

What we're looking for:

- Graphic Artists - People who can make simple image representations of the cards (this is not necessary, if we don't get people to do this, we'll simply play the game with no images)

- Duel Card Designers - People with extensive knowledge of games who can translate the characters/creatures/weapons/buildings/spells into cards with interesting and relatively unique properties.

- Balancers and Number Crunchers - People who understand game balance, and can modify numbers so the card game is balanced, fun, and strategic.

- Beta Testers! - what most people will probably want to be. Testers will be given varying decks and will be asked to play each other in a timely manner. Testers should be able to grasp rules that are complex (and help us simplify them), give constructive feedback, and be active. Please keep in mind that testers may not be given anything to do for a while, and will only be asked to play every so often. You may also be given a set amount of "beta points" to construct decks the way that everyone will when the game is launched to test that aspect of the game.

Everyone who helps create the game will probably be given some bonus points for buying cards (not that many though), and will probably be rewarded in some other way (nothing gamebreaking though)

When the game is released (which could be a very long while...) we will need moderators and judges who keep the game running smoothly, staff to keep making new cards, and most importantly, patient players who keep the game going!

So if you're interested in the project, please post. If you want more details, I can provide them here.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:03 pm
Currently I am thinking of the following:

Typical booster packs will cost 100 points. Starter decks (not to be confused with the starter set, which will be free) will usually cost 250 points.

How to gain points:

- Posting! every post will net you 2 points. This means every 50 posts will earn you a booster pack from most sets!

- Recruiting! every person you recruit who tells us you recruited them, and posts at least 10 times will earn you 25 points.

- Donating! every 2 gold donated to the guild mule (ThePromisedLandMule) will earn you one point. There will be a weekly limit of 1000 gold donated for points to avoid those who are rich from dominating.

- Winning contests! most in guild contests will have both a gold prize, and points prizes!

There may be other uses for points in the future... we'll see.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:03 pm
I'll do anything - just let me know.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:18 pm
You should design some cards.

Also, due to the insane amount of attention and posts this thread is getting /sarcasm/, changing it to an announcement is required.  

nitnit
Captain

-2 Z Zelly

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:48 pm
I'll do numbers, and Testing if you want.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:37 pm
I'll Beta-Test, but I'll try to help...  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:21 am
Well due to the underwhelming amount of interest overall, I think that all time that would be invested in this will be put into the website, unless a lot of people care, lol  
Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games