Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
A Game Of Lies (A Discussion of Wolverine Orgins)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suckick

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Personally, let's just start it out, I recently bought wolverine x-men origins. after a few numerous events distracted me from my original intentions.

1. Book was pushed of shelves, due to company saying it's to hard to translate, but the entire book is translated online.

2. Paid 1 day shipping (Only option) for a package, that still hasn't been pushed out.

So The Reason I bought the game was of the fact that every review, friend, and the actual company made it seem as if it were going to have another 50% extra content aside from the movie. When I played it, I play it for only 2 days 1.5 hours each, and then it was completed, only taking a few sections from the movie, and not included anything I assumed was in it.

I know that sometimes Wii games take out some things from other games, but the game barely used the wiimote, so they could have at leasted added something, but yet, they didn't, I was angry once again for failure to notify that game info may differ per game, and I was out 50 dollars.

Also, to verify that I did not make a stupid mistake, I rechecked nearly every review online at the time (Though it probably changed now) and I found no notification that made it seem like the game counsels would be that different.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:22 pm
General rule: don't buy games made from movies made from books.

But I can share your pain in a sense, many games feel too short without conclusive endings.  

Rhed King

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:54 pm
I've been hearing that Wolverine is surprisingly awesome on other consoles, Rhed King.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Teh AK
I've been hearing that Wolverine is surprisingly awesome on other consoles, Rhed King.
Your right, you won't believe how Gory the PS3's Version of it really is. But it has fantastic CG cutscenes, gasping for every minute you see Wolverine rip through somebody's body (No, I'm not freaking joking.)  

Rargon

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 am
I'm going to rent it for 360. I have no idea why you bought it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 pm
Teh AK

It is, I can confirm just so. The 360 and PS3 versions are badass.
His mistake was buying the Wii version. I'm not a hater, but licensed games on the Wii are always awful as a rule. The primary developer hands the task of Wii development off to a less-skilled company, in order to make profits.
If you check the developer of Wii iterations of popular licensed games, it's never actually the big, famous developer that made the 360 game or the PS3 game. That's given to an unknown developer paid by the company to produce it.
And so they're almost always awful. And nothing like the 360 and PS3 versions. That's what happens when a game comes out for every single console and PC all at once. And mobile phones.  

Denko

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:59 pm
Denko
Teh AK

It is, I can confirm just so. The 360 and PS3 versions are badass.
His mistake was buying the Wii version. I'm not a hater, but licensed games on the Wii are always awful as a rule. The primary developer hands the task of Wii development off to a less-skilled company, in order to make profits.
If you check the developer of Wii iterations of popular licensed games, it's never actually the big, famous developer that made the 360 game or the PS3 game. That's given to an unknown developer paid by the company to produce it.
And so they're almost always awful. And nothing like the 360 and PS3 versions. That's what happens when a game comes out for every single console and PC all at once. And mobile phones.

This is why I own a 360.

Lolnotrly. Gamerscore FTW. 8D  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:36 pm
what did you learn? 3nodding

The wii in general has terrible gaming companies. There are a few specks of talent out there but without the strenght of nintendo's 1st party power, Our poster boy would probably be Travis Touchdown and a few other oddball sensations ^^;

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:30 pm
90% of licensed games are total s**t. But for some reason, the Wii hasn't had any luck period with licensed games. Unless Kung Fu Panda was made for the Wii, I can't think of a single good licensed game for the Wii. Wolverine is a kick-a** hero, with amazing moves, shiny claws, and the ability to make anything behind him explode(Watch the movie, or watch the Colbert Report). I agree with Denko on the "Wii has bad licensed games" point. I remember reading the Game Informer review of Wall-E(the game), and the reviewer made the comment that on the Wii, Wall-E gains the magical ability to fall through platforms. If that's not an indicator of how bad licensed games are on the Wii, nothing is.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:26 pm
Rhed King
General rule: don't buy games made from movies made from books.

Agreed (hell, don't even buy games based off of just movies). It's kind of like pulling a ripped bag of cool, shiny things down the street. The farther you go with it, the more cool, shiny things it loses.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:57 pm
I find MOVIE based gams to be terrible almost all the time. But Lisence games in general, can be pretty good sometimes, even on wii.

Dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3 for one.
Naruto clash of ninja revolution 2 isn't so bad either.

And many other anime and Marvel based games on other consoles are pretty good too I find. (a lot of crappy ones too though)

But aside from 007 Goldeneye, I haven't played a single good movie based game. But I admit, I kinda didn't try many for a long time either though. But I do read reviews sometimes.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games