Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:08 am
...has way too much free time on their hands. They need better things to occupy their time.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/05/01/fielding-stripping-with-your-feet/

What good is stripping it if you can't shoot it?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 am
I'm at a hospital right now, they have the website blocked.

I wonder why.

TheFirearmBlog.

I wonder if the keyword 'Blog' is banned.

Nope, blog is fine, got on the blogger site and others.
Oh surplusrifleforum is blocked as well, so is gunforums.com.

That leaves but one thing.

Yeah, this hospital, Lake View Hospital of Minnesota, is antigun.  

Barru

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:14 am
Are they stripping mg42s? o.O  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:42 am
MG3; The post war continuation of the MG42.  

Inquisitor Brock

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:43 am
Orkronos

Those are post-war M-3 machine gun, built on the MG-42 pattern. Many of those were built and used by third world nations that couldn't swing the budget for more cutting edge guns nor would deal with the Russians/Warsaw Pact/Chinese.

But what's really cool is that the US adapted part of the action and belt feed for the M60 machine gun used during Viet Nam. A lot of people miss that gun for the sheer stupid simplicity and reliability of it. Some thanks for that goes to the Germans for the basic design.

I guess you could claim that those guys had invented a new way to practice for DDR. MG-42 Revolution!  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:00 pm
Let's see them put the guns back together with their feet. biggrin  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm
Floyd
Orkronos

Those are post-war M-3 machine gun, built on the MG-42 pattern. Many of those were built and used by third world nations that couldn't swing the budget for more cutting edge guns nor would deal with the Russians/Warsaw Pact/Chinese.

But what's really cool is that the US adapted part of the action and belt feed for the M60 machine gun used during Viet Nam. A lot of people miss that gun for the sheer stupid simplicity and reliability of it. Some thanks for that goes to the Germans for the basic design.

I guess you could claim that those guys had invented a new way to practice for DDR. MG-42 Revolution!
I believe the German Bundeswehr uses the MG3 as well.

"Simplicity and reliability"? The damn thing could be reassembled with critical parts inserted BACKWARDS, causing it to FTF.

Also, were the two on the far end RPKs?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:34 pm
Floyd
Orkronos

I guess you could claim that those guys ha

The M60 used the loading system of the MG42, and the locking system of the FG-42

Inquisitor Brock

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:04 pm
I see, thank yall for clearing that up, I still want one though XP  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:02 pm
I WISH I could get an MG-3 in Kommifornia, plus the ammo and belts for it. The only thing that'll scare the s**t outta a home invader about as much as The Sound of Death (CLACK-CLACK) is seeing the dude in front of them getting ripped in half by a stream of bullets from a gun that sounds like a goddamn minigun.

And then making them clean their buddy's fried chicken-infested guts up off the wall and floor with the muzzle of said gun that sounds like a goddamn minigun at the back of their neck until the cops arrive.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:54 am
I'd settle for one that's semi-auto.

It would save a ******** ton on ammo.
7.62x51 isn't cheap, at least not now.

They just about s**t themselves when they see someone with a gun period.
Imagine the explosive diarrhea caused by whipping out a friggin machinegun.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 pm
Alright, so this would make a bit of sense if they were tied up and had to reassemble their weapons...

... actually, im trying to justify their actions and it still doesnt make any sense >___< lame  

Anima_Raptor

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:56 pm
Anima_Raptor
Alright, so this would make a bit of sense if they were tied up and had to reassemble their weapons...

... actually, im trying to justify their actions and it still doesnt make any sense >___< lame
Yeah, any situation in which you were forced to dis/re-assemble a rifle, especially an MG3, with your feet is a situation in which you couldn't USE that rifle to do anything.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:21 am
Fresnel
Anima_Raptor

Yeah, any situation in which you were forced to dis/re-assemble a rifle, especially an MG3, with your feet is a situation in which you couldn't USE that rifle to do anything.

That might work, if some Iranian was rubbing their feet all over their gun I wouldn't touch it.

Unless it was an MG3, then I'd still touch it.

... but not without disinfectant.  

Barru

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:15 pm
Barru
Fresnel
Anima_Raptor

That might work, if some Iranian was rubbing their feet all over their gun I wouldn't touch it.

Unless it was an MG3, then I'd still touch it.

... but not without disinfectant.
Well, I mean... an MG3 has enough recoil that it cannot be fired with any accuracy whatsoever unless it's anchored to the ground via bipod, so any situation where you can't use your hands is a situation you can't fire an MG3.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff