Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Square Enix would like you to stop paying homage to its work Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:13 pm
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes canceled at the last minute after 5 years of work.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:17 pm
They shouldn't be able to cancel s**t like this. If they aren't making profit off of it, people should ******** off.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:30 pm
For the record, the trailers for Crimson Echoes look EXTREMELY promising.

Extremely so.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:45 pm
They should have really seen this happening when they pulled the plug on Resurrection.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:49 pm
I'd never heard of this before to be honest. xD;  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:16 pm
*dies a little inside* I can't believe this. I'ven ever even heard of this and it brings a tear to my eye. It's not like Square's doing anything to give Chrono Trigger fans anything, so why the hell would they make it so fans can't even have their own fun. This is why I hate capitalism sometimes. You can copyright an idea...AN IDEA.  

RyomaKun1992

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:33 pm
Well, this caused me to go and pick up a Wikipedia-level knowledge of copyright infringement, derivative work, and transformativeness. And that only gave me a headache, and while I understand a little more about what protections derivative works are entitled to, I wasn't able to get a good enough grasp on transformativeness to figure out whether a fan game would be considered transformative enough to have legal protection.

Big words aside, though, this is utter bullshit. Bad Squenix, bad!  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:05 am
Bad square... This is what happens when you go too mainstream. They won't buy into the "cult" games(though it's not really cult since Chrono Trigger is sooo huge in the gaming world) because they don't forsee making enough money off of it, but they don't want anyone doing anything with it that they can't cash in on.
I mean come on, they put all this money into Star Ocean(though I love it, it's less deserving than Chrono Trigger), Last Remnant, which was utter crap, Valkyrie Profile(again, love it, in fact I'm probably the biggest fanboy of it you'll ever see, but it's less deserving...), and a bunch of crap no one else cares about(sooo many remakes of FF1, and a sequel to FF3, 6 in japan) but they refuse to do anything with the one series everyone cares about.

And to me it's just stupid to copyright something that techinically isn't even physical. The only physical part of a videogame is the cartidge/disk. The rest is all intangible data.  

RyomaKun1992

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:39 am
It's business 101.

The creator isnt making a profit, why should it allow it's creation to be modified?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:19 am
Decavolty
It's business 101.

The creator isnt making a profit, why should it allow it's creation to be modified?

Ask evolution or whatever the hell created us. I don't see our creators or lack there of getting any money, but if the creator wants to make a profit they should listen to the damn consumers and make a new Chrono.

I'm not saying they shouldn't get payed for their work, but it's just a little annoying to see a multibillion dollar company so touchy about every little thing.  

RyomaKun1992

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 am
This is the first I've heard of this, but that doesn't excuse the giant middle finger that Square decided to give. I'd think that Square would be making enough money as it is but I guess not. stare A real shame.. =_=  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:24 am
Well, that's a d**k move, plain and simple.

First they deny us Geno, and now this.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:38 am
After playing both Chrono Triggers to death on my emulators. I was overall pissed that Chrono Compendium couldn't finish Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes because of dumbass Square(whatever its name is) putting up that copyright bullshit at the last minute.

I was hoping for something besides just a frickin remake for the DS that contains all of the bonus material from the PlayStation port(boring played the PS version as well). One new ending(big deal), practically every item being renamed(ex: Tonic to Potion), a Arena that borrows from Dawn of the New World, new dungeons, enemies, items, and script changes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:07 am
It's been 14 years since Chrono Trigger came out and all we've gotten was a shitty half-sequel and a port. Give up Square. This game belongs to us, not you.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:07 am
If they really worked 5 years on it and people were anticipating it so much, it will appear on the internet sooner or later. My guess is that they'll upload it to a torrent site or find some other way to spread it.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff