Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
I need advice from random strangers! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:55 pm
Prom night is coming up. I have to decide if I want to go and if I want to go with a girl.

So, I have three options.

Option A:
A strange teacher tried to hook me up with a decently attractive girl who I don't really know. She's pretty well known as a slut - I'm a social ******** so this will be awkward. Everyone thinks this is pretty lulzworthy.

Picture: http://i42.tinypic.com/fvinab.jpg

Option B: Go alone and hang with friends. I know a few people who are going an a few have offered to stuff me in their limo. I still have to pay for tickets ($85), tux rental, etc. Still could be an awkward situation.

Option C: Stay home - maybe hang out with Luke. I might try DXM if I'm alone.

Oh internet folk, give me guidance.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:59 pm
Option A. Unless you intend on making Option C worthwhile and more lulzy than A (probably impossible)  

nitnit
Captain

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:56 pm
Here's what I did for my prom.

I took a girl who was/is a close friend of mine and did nothing. By doing nothing I mean just that I didn't dance with her or anything. Kinda just became a wallflower. I don't think she liked that very much. I do well in parties of 3 or more, but when it comes to one-on-one situations I fail greatly.

Now that you know my story here's my opinion.
Option A: Get to know her a little bit more before you take her out to the dance floor. Communication is key to having a good time. You say you're a social ********, well try not worrying too much that was probably my greatest flaw. Always worrying about saying the wrong thing or make a fool out of myself. Even if you do mess up don't try to cover it, ride with it.

Option B: Going Stag never hurt anyone, hell you may ever be able to 'steal' dances from someone's date, just to be an a**, while they are resting. The greatest thing about going it alone is not just getting a chance to hang out with your friends in Penguin Suits, but the ability to be chained to one dance partner. Roam, steal, walk away.

Option C: Same as nitnit.

The fact that I don't know you personally makes it harder to find your best course of action, well good luck and have fun with whatever you decide.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:56 pm
Option A and you get laid, everyone knows this one.

P.S. Felix I can help you out if you want everyone knows I'm a greatly sociable person who can't shut up, I mean be harmful in anyway.  

-2 Z Zelly

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 pm
I agree with Zel. You may never have a chance like this again. Go for A  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 am
Option A it is. I'm going to get a tux with her tomorrow and get to know eachother over dinner.  

Jonnnn

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:41 am
How 'bout don't go at all.

Like me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:18 pm
A wink  

I Kero I

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

-2 Z Zelly

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:18 pm
Jonnnn
Option A it is. I'm going to get a tux with her tomorrow and get to know eachother over dinner.
Oh yeah, Bow Chika Bow Wow times for Jon  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:40 pm
No, not really. She might end up thinking that his odd little quirks are interesting and give him a dance or two. And no, not a lapdance.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:31 am
nitnit
No, not really. She might end up thinking that his odd little quirks are interesting and give him a dance or two. And no, not a lapdance.

Like what? I need to know more about myself.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:30 pm
Go with Option A: Just go and take her along. If you get lucky then YAY you!

If not then what you can do is just ditch her to hang out with friends, like i did to my prom date, and go to a party thats in the middle of no where!  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Dreaming of the Day

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:40 pm
Tr0n714
Go with Option A: Just go and take her along. If you get lucky then YAY you!

If not then what you can do is just ditch her to hang out with friends, like i did to my prom date, and go to a party thats in the middle of no where!

-sad face-
Memories...-sob-
But honey, Im pretty sur SHE ditched YOU cool

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:25 pm
Jonnnn
nitnit

Well, your face twitches a lot, you stutter, you're very shy to most, for people who don't know you it's difficult to tell when you're serious or not and you troll a lot, you bring up random dune/science fiction references that no one else understands to normal people.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:38 pm
nitnit
Jonnnn
nitnit

Well, your face twitches a lot, you stutter, you're very shy to most, for people who don't know you it's difficult to tell when you're serious or not and you troll a lot, you bring up random dune/science fiction references that no one else understands to normal people.

thanks  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces