Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Star Trek >.>

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Star Trek:
  yay!!!
  nay >.<
  I'm staying out of this ^^;;
View Results

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:12 pm
Yeah, I'll admit it, I grew up watching the Trek! As such, I think it's only proper to have gone to see the movie, which I have done three times (so far). Needless to say, I like it a lot. Hell, I didn't even see Transformers or Iron Man more than once in theatres and I thought they were awesome. Dark Knight I saw twice tho >.> but I think I'm going to see this a few more times, because that's how awesome it is! My record for single movie seen is Return of the King with 13 times in theatres.

Why will I see it so much? well....

1. Bored crapless...school's out and hours are being cut back v.v
2. the crew definately brought Sexy Back in this movie.
3. I like pointy ears.

So, will anyone go and see this movie? (maybe as much as I plan on seeing it?) Anyone out there ***** for the 17 year old Checkov? (I know there's a few of you with beat up white vans here >.>) Who finds McCoy hot and Scotty hilarious? Who likes mah fanartz of Spock?
User Image
I DEMAND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:40 pm
I think the "I like pointy ears" comment should be first on the list, but I agree that it is a rather well done movie....though I wish the Nacells on the Enterprise were a bit shorter....but that's me.....  

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:16 pm
you could complain about the smallest thing EN!!!! xp

you need pointy ears XP

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:49 pm
yay your back  

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:52 pm
yes I am back! (an am currently Spork-ing out)  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Nice picture. I'm going to see X-men since I grew up with them. <3

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Puppetry

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Oh man D: I don't like Start Trek...I think their character designs are really ridiculous looking. Pointy ears and bowl cuts ftl~ I never saw the appeal!

My English teacher is offering Extra Credit to people who go to see that movie, 'cause we're doing a Science Fiction unit. But I really really don't want to pay to see something like that ;_;

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:05 pm
At least Star Trek is different......It's impact on culture is insane (MRI, Cell Phones, ect), with I think the only other Science Fiction movie that's impacted world culture as much/more being 2001: A Space Odessey(Automatic doors, Artificial Intelligence, video/web phones, video games, ect)......

While you may not see the appeal of "pointy ears and bowl cuts", the people who do see the appeal cannot fathom the appeal of Blonde Spikey Haired anime heroes or the anti-gravity breasts that so many anime are filled with........

In Short: I've seen more rediculous character designs on everyday 'normal' television.........and let us hope that Sylabus will not bring down her wrath upon the thread in a firey hellstorm of punches and a Vulcan Death Grip.........*hides*

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:58 pm
ASFHJYNKHHilgkkhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!

Now that that's out of my system (lol), I won't go into every little detail as to why Star Trek rox.....

But I know I'd kill myself if I had to sit through a modern comedy (they're not funny, just stupid), a Romantic Comedy, a Romance, or a children's movie...or another terminator flick XD

@ Midori: I never really was a fan of X-Men. Batman always tickled my fancy when it came to American comics.But at least the X-Men movies aren't as bad as the Spiderman flicks. They shoulda stopped after the first one of those ^^;;

*enters Vulcan mode* Now, I beg your pardon, but I must find Endranse as he has proven to be a problem. I believe he suffers from what many would call "foot in mouth syndrome".

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:10 pm
....I had to say something....*stows away in a nearby white van*  

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:33 pm
I heard the movie was amazing too. It looks good. I wanna see it, but I don't really go out and see movies. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. xD  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Ahh sorry >.< it really isn't my style though...I've never really liked futuristic science fiction space dramas. Though I am also not partial to the "Blonde Spikey Haired anime heroes" or the "anti-gravity breasts" that you speak of either xDD;

Nice drawing though Sylabus, it really looks like him :0

Puppetry

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:12 am
XxGrieverxX
I heard the movie was amazing too. It looks good. I wanna see it, but I don't really go out and see movies. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. xD

I'm seeing it only on bargain days (6.25 a showing) or at the cheapo theatres. Unless I buy my tickets from costco. 17 bucks for two tix XD. It is a damn good movie I think. There's only a few qualms I have with it, and it mostly revolves around one scene where the monster chasing kirk looks painfully CG-ed when compared to the rest of the movie's effects. And I dun see how the dude playing chekov looks like his older self >.>;

@ Puppetry: XD Thanks. Makes you wonder whey I refused to draw like that for my art classes, huh? ninja

now for Endranse.....*looks around the parkinglot*
twisted  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces