Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:44 pm
And we fell in love. It's like we were made for each other.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Look at that sexy beast. Goddamn, Armalite makes a fine pistol. This seriously impressed me even more than the entire Kimber line of pistols. Though that's not saying the Kimbers weren't bloody impressive in their own right. Best 1911s I've ever held, hands down. But I laid my hands on the first Armalite pistol in the line and my hand just sunk right into its sexy embrace. Ladies and gentlemen, I think I've found my pistol.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:54 pm
It looks like an M9. But maybe that's just me.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:02 pm
Requiem6661
The top is solid. There's no cut-out like the slide on the M9 has. I'm not entirely sure this pistol is based on anything at all. It might be a largely original design.

ETA: Wiki says it's largely based on the CZ-75, but many aspects were stolen from SIG. Seems like one of the best pairings I've ever heard.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:17 pm
Nice choice.

Pity it's a 9mm, but that's not as much a downside as something smaller. It would sure be nice if the company would offer a .45ACP version of that same design. All I can find are 9mm models.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:29 pm
Floyd
Nice choice.

Pity it's a 9mm, but that's not as much a downside as something smaller. It would sure be nice if the company would offer a .45ACP version of that same design. All I can find are 9mm models.
AFAIK, they only make three models: full size, full size (commiefornia), and compact.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 pm
Fresnel
Requiem6661
The top is sold. There's no cut-out like the slide on the M9 has. I'm not entirely sure this pistol is based on anything at all. It might be a largely original design.

ETA: Wiki says it's largely based on the CZ-75, but many aspects were stolen from SIG. Seems like one of the best pairings I've ever heard.

I'm not seeing the SIG...
Definitely see the CZ, though. Which makes it automatically sexy.
What's SIG about it?

The Iron Sponge

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:01 am
The Iron Sponge
Fresnel
Requiem6661
The top is sold. There's no cut-out like the slide on the M9 has. I'm not entirely sure this pistol is based on anything at all. It might be a largely original design.

What's SIG about it?
Says parts of it are derived from the SIG P210. Must be parts of the internals, I guess.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:10 am
Fresnel
The Iron Sponge
Fresnel
Requiem6661

What's SIG about it?
Says parts of it are derived from the SIG P210. Must be parts of the internals, I guess.

Ah, I see it now. The slide is very similar to the P210.
I was looking for P220/P226 features.

The Iron Sponge

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:30 am
The Iron Sponge
Fresnel
The Iron Sponge
Fresnel
Requiem6661

What's SIG about it?

Ah, I see it now. The slide is very similar to the P210.
I was looking for P220/P226 features.
Ooh, you're right. That's really obvious in hindsight...

The AR has a unique grip on it which I find extremely comfortable though. And of course the fact that this gun is pretty much solid steel is certainly an upside...  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:35 am
Is that frame steel?
It looks like it from the photo, if not they're getting better on their finishes.

If it is steel, you could use +P+ ammo. :/

Still, eh... I'm not sure if I'd like it as well.

What does it retail for?

I'll be honest, at first I thought it was going to be an actual girl, and that she likes guns.
:/  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:07 am
OberFeldwebel
Is that frame steel?
It looks like it from the photo, if not they're getting better on their finishes.

What does it retail for?

I'll be honest, at first I thought it was going to be an actual girl, and that she likes guns.
$550 for the standard models, $630 for the 'tactical custom' models, which have extra checkering machined into the backstrap and adjustable sights.

Nah, I already have one of those. razz  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:25 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Is that frame steel?

What does it retail for?

$550 for the standard models, $630 for the 'tactical custom' models, which have extra checkering machined into the backstrap and adjustable sights.

Oh, well, good for you.

How fine and sharp is the checkering?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:52 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Is that frame steel?

What does it retail for?

Oh, well, good for you.

How fine and sharp is the checkering?
It's not so much 'checkered' as 'stippled'. It's comfortable, and when you give it a firm grip it grips back, but it's not sharp enough to be painful or anything.

ETA: You can see the difference between the two rather well in comparison here.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:29 pm
Hm, thoughts are: I like the form of the grip. Looks like it was meant to be held by a hand first, then fit for a magazine, not the other way around. The slide isn't very prominant along the top, which could make racking the slide slightly more difficult than usual. Not by much, tut it's something to consider. I don't like the way the safety lever, mag catch, and slide release look... glued onto the frame. I wonder how easily it takes down.

Interesting look.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:00 pm
ArmasTermin
Hm, thoughts are: I like the form of the grip. Looks like it was meant to be held by a hand first, then fit for a magazine, not the other way around. The slide isn't very prominant along the top, which could make racking the slide slightly more difficult than usual. Not by much, tut it's something to consider. I don't like the way the safety lever, mag catch, and slide release look... glued onto the frame. I wonder how easily it takes down.

Interesting look.
Well I did get to fondle it. The slide is small, but it wasn't difficult to rack. I've had more problems than that with my mom's Buckmark. It's probably because of the weaker spring inherent in the 9mm design. And you're right, the grip is extremely comfortable. I didn't get to strip it though, so maybe that's a valid concern. I'll have to find someone who has one and ask them for a review.

ETA: holy s**t, searching for reviews and I found this:

User Image

15 rounds from the AR-24, 50 foot mark. Unsupported. The blotch near the neck was a second group shot later at 20'.

ETA2: Found the manual. It strips just like my dad's Firestar. It's not hard at all, if you know how to do it. I could have the gun in pieces in under 30 seconds.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff