Reply Multimedia
Corpse Bride, goth????

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ii-See-Stars-x

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:52 pm
i know we had a topic sort of like this about nightmare before christmas, but what do u think about corpse bride? i just saw it last night. and i think it's goth, seriously just look at the way they dress, the way they act, and the whole idea of the story. a dead bride. thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:21 pm
Not so much, no. Maybe somewhat influenced by the Victorian definition of the word, but had absolutely nothing to do with the modern definition.  

Lucifer Over London

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:24 pm
Like nearly all of Tim Burton's work, it's "gothic"(old definition) in that it's dark, macabre, and yet romantic. As for the subculture itself, has nothing really to do with it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:15 am
*Moved to a new forum*

I don't think movies can be "goth" as in "goth subculture". Can movies be "gothic" in aesthetic, not referring to the subculture but to greater archetypal trends of gothic horror? Yes. Can movies be part of the gothic horror genre? Also yes.

Corpse Bride is not gothic horror, as a genre, but it does feature much of the visual vernacular of gothic horror. It is not "goth" in the essence of the subculture.  

GilAskan
Crew

ii-See-Stars-x

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm
Infection XIII
Like nearly all of Tim Burton's work, it's "gothic"(old definition) in that it's dark, macabre, and yet romantic. As for the subculture itself, has nothing really to do with it.

yeah i agree its more victorian old gothic.  
Multimedia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games