Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
E3: Complaints, Predictions, and Positives Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:21 pm
Well E3 is around the corner! Shows like G4TV will be covering it. Possibly Spike's GameTrailers will be doing media coverage as well. Well i read a bit of news lately and i guess i can't really complian.

The 3 major companies will be there: Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony. The only one not showing up i think is Atari... or a company as old as Atari... i cant remember and i wont look it up talk2hand .
They arent going due to marketing ploys i think, but isnt E3 one of the biggest gaming convetions out there? or am i wrong and theres a bigger one thats internationaly important.

I do predict that Nintendo will amaze everyone like last year with something not very innovative as Wii Music. Maybe another zelda! or something i dont know. but that would be nice.

I say that this E3 should labeled E3 Sequel convention cause i know there will be many announced. A big one would be Mass Effect 2, which i really would like to see, and many others. Microsoft will unveil their important things like LIVE and Halo: ODST. Bioschock 2 will be a heavy hitter if it shows more gameplay.

This is what i can remember/think of at the top of my head. Anyone got any other details 3nodding ?  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:54 pm
Well, lets see here.....

I guess I'd like to see some stuff from Bethesda, wether that be a teaser for New Vegas or some info on the rumored fourth expansion. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for an impressive show from Nintendo. I don't know about the rest of you, but Nintendo let me down on the home console front last year, and I haven't bought a game for my Wii since Brawl came out. I hope for some info (including a release date) for Red Steel 2, and hopefully a little something more.  

Haratio TaFotter

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:07 pm
I'm optimistic for The Conduit and Modern Warfare 2. Hopefully Nintendo will be straying away from the mii schoolyard based s**t they've been putting out for the last year.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:18 pm
I predict that Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be mentioned at E3 as well as the EarthBound/Mother series 3nodding
Better watch out,Reggie twisted  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:53 pm
You are aware that reggie has said in like 5 interviews that he likes the mother series, and would like the third game localized...?

Also they probably don't want to put earthbound on the virtual console because a new generation will play it, and realize that Gigyas is actually a fetus omgfdklgjsldkfjglskdjfglskdjfgskldfhgksjhgs

JONNNNnnNNn - why would nintendo stray away from that stuff when they're currently winning the video game market?

ALSO. I think it's funny that blizzcon is arguably as successful or more successful than E3. E3 is not really as exciting as it used to be... especially since there probably won't be anything that big being revealed this year. Just like last year.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 pm
nitnit

JONNNNnnNNn - why would nintendo stray away from that stuff when they're currently winning the video game market?

Because sales have slowed down since then - especially in Japan. Unfortunately, their response is to release even more wii sports games.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:47 pm
STAY THE COURSE!  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:58 pm
nitnit
You are aware that reggie has said in like 5 interviews that he likes the mother series, and would like the third game localized...?

Also they probably don't want to put earthbound on the virtual console because a new generation will play it, and realize that Gigyas is actually a fetus omgfdklgjsldkfjglskdjfglskdjfgskldfhgksjhgs

Stil,part of me feels as if he hasn't even played ONE of the Mother games.
As for the new generation,I'm pretty sure that they'd just be scared outta their minds xd  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:34 pm
I want some more information as well as gameplay footage on Split Second and Need For Speed Shift.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:27 am
i also remember reading about Microsoft having a patent for having a magic wand controller. So i bet that would be announced. And Sony will probably make the same move and say its console is better as usual. Also, probably Sony might announce that they too have Netflix for PSN now.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:53 am
I'd be surprised if a new Lego game wasn't announced. Also there's a chance that Rare might unveil something Banjo Threeie related since Stop N Swop II in the XBLA Banjo Tooie kind of taunted fans with "yeah, we're leaving this open for another game to take advantage of". Not to mention, if you play Nuts and Bolts (a decent game in its own right, though not as good as the platformers), there's a lot of platforming elements already built into the game for when you control Banjo and Kazooie.

Also, Interplay said that they're going to be there, there's a very very slim chance they could reveal something about the Fallout MMO they're trying to develop - and Bethesda is going to be there, the company that's trying to prevent Interplay from creating said Fallout MMO. Allow the nerd fight to begin.

We'll also probably get more FFXIII and Kingdom Hearts stuff from Squareenix, and Nintendo will laugh to itself at how hard every other company tries to tap into "hardcore gamers" and whatnot while they make the most money from WiiFit.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:35 pm
For once im actually looking forward to FF13. Control 1 character the rest is NPC jumbo. No random battles. Its kinda becoming a tiny bit more action oriented in ways. BUT! FF13 wont be the highlight of the show. It will be for fans, but SquareEnix also has its RTS game that they are developing.

As for Interplay will announce (1-10/ 10=most likely to be announced)
Earthworm Jim - 8.9
Decent - 5.2
Fallout MMO - 0
MDK - 5.8  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:16 pm
Am I the only one who is getting sick of how almost every game franchise is becoming less thought provoking and more action oriented? I mean, sure there should be action games, but why do Resident Evil, Fallout, Final Fantasy, etc. have to be action games too?  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:48 am
nitnit
Am I the only one who is getting sick of how almost every game franchise is becoming less thought provoking and more action oriented? I mean, sure there should be action games, but why do Resident Evil, Fallout, Final Fantasy, etc. have to be action games too?

I actually dont mind FF going a little action oriented. I mean that classic JRPG turn based style got old on me since middle school and i stopped playing the series. Im thinking about picking up 13 and stop playing hte series for another 10 years til they change something. You can also blame the market for action oriented games pirate  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:49 pm
When JRPGs (except for 11 and 12 I guess) turn into full blown action games with leveling up elements (which is what you're making 13 sound like it'll be), then you know the market is heading towards homogenization - something that will benefit the companies in the short run, and hurt everyone in the long run. Also just because you don't find them entertaining doesn't mean that others don't. I enjoy almost every genre of game - including both action and JPRG, but I don't like it when one genre suffers because everyone has to copy each other. Thank God there's still some good companies like Blizzard out there that understand that released top quality products can ultimately pay off much more.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff