Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Salvia divinorum

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:33 pm
What is it used for in religious practices? What are the health risks and health benefits?
I've heard a lot of conflicting information on it, so I don't really know what is true and what isn't.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:39 am
http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

Erowid usually has really up to date information about most ethneogens and other natural substances used in spiritual ways; I don't endorse the usage of ethneogens for spiritual purposes, personally, but people are free to do what they like.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 am
as far as religious uses, im not all too sure, other than that the mayans and native americans used it in thier spirit quests. we sell it where i work and ive heard mixed things about it, most people try it, never having used it before, but most people that ive talked to that have used do not really like it. i do know that it is not really made for group usage, its more of a personal experience thing and you should NEVER use it as a mood elevator, as the effects are not like marijuana (as most people believe). if you are in a bad/sad mood, DO NOT USE IT. it will intensify your feelings of 'crappiness'. i have never used it myself, but the boss-man says that if you thing about flying unicorns in tutus before you smoke it, then theres a good chance that you'll see flying unicorns dancing ballet, but if you're having a bad day it will only make your day worse.

it is also being made illegal in many of the united states due to people not heeding the warnings of DO NOT DRIVE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE thus many people get injured or killed because of stupidity, yet it is not detectable on a drug test.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:38 pm
Salvia is a very powerful entheogen/hallucinogen and will remove you nearly completely from consciousness, allowing you to free-form journey for ~15 minutes.

It combusts at a high temperature, and is inhaled through smoke. Inhaling smoke is never good for you. But this isn't anything at all like smoking tobacco. The risks and benefits are most likely nonexistant at the amount of salvia you'd actually be smoking (which is usually a pinch or so.)  

Nattfodd

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games