Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Love magic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

love magic a good idea??
  yes
  no
View Results

xXrainbowrazorsXx

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:34 am
I really like this guy and i have been looking into love magic and there seems to be some good ANd bad sides

What do you personally feel about it, and share personal experiences good/bad.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:09 am
...What are the good sides? neutral  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:23 pm
There is no good side to love magic. Binding anyone to you through magical means is never a good idea. You will never know if they are with you because they actually love you, or just because of the spell. Also, there is the fact that you should never use magic on someone without their permission. Interfering with someone's free will is not something that should be done.

You can do spells on yourself to make yourself "more attractive" to love, or to "bring love" to you, but never name a specific person.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:00 pm
love magic is never good even if it does work like you want (and it hardly ever does) there still the fact that it goes against the the wiccan reed if it harms none do what ye will In regards to love spells its forcing someone that my not realy love you to do so and that hurts there heart. also keep in mind the 3 fold rule what yee sends out comes back to thee times 3. if you cast a love spell on him the effects of it will come back to you 3 fold good or bad and the energy that comes back is always bad when it comes to love spells.  

Furrie Princess Nala

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:54 pm
child of fire1982
love magic is never good even if it does work like you want (and it hardly ever does) there still the fact that it goes against the the wiccan reed if it harms none do what ye will In regards to love spells its forcing someone that my not realy love you to do so and that hurts there heart. also keep in mind the 3 fold rule what yee sends out comes back to thee times 3. if you cast a love spell on him the effects of it will come back to you 3 fold good or bad and the energy that comes back is always bad when it comes to love spells.

The Wiccan Rede really has nothing to do with it, since magic =/= Wicca, and not everyone has any use or room for the Rede or the 'Three-fold Law' in their ethical code, Wiccan or otherwise.

It's easier to just leave cohercive love spells under "It's not a good idea", rather than getting them tangled up with other concepts - it's just common sense.

OP:

I have an example for you, drawn from my real life. I knew a girl in high school, whom I'll call "S". "S" really had a bad case of unrequited love for a guy we hung around with, whom I'll call "F". "F" had no interest in "S", beyond being a friend. "S" decided she would cast some sort of spell to make "F" want to go out with her. "S" was not practiced in any sort of magic, and was not smart or careful. Off she went, armed with a folder full of generic and badly researched pages off the internet, and waited for the results.

The result was that "F" took her out on a few occasions. He still had no interest in her beyond friendship, but took her out on dates. She quickly became hurt and confused everytime she tried to go beyond that point with him - he pointedly turned her down every time.

And yet...she couldn't figure out what was wrong. He didn't know why he kept taking her out - he felt like he had to, in some ways.
She kept trying to make him want her, even though he clearly didn't. In the end I had to do some work on both parties behalf to break the connection she'd created. By that point, they weren't even really friends anymore.

"S" didn't understand that she wasn't very careful with what she sent out into the Universe - that magic sometimes works in ways we can't predict, or that how we do or say things can make a big difference in the end result. That's why it's a bad idea to use love magic; you can't easily change the heart of another person. Creating a magical 'love' bond between you and someone else is the metaphysical equivalent of a shotgun wedding. Love isn't really love if it's coherced.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:25 pm
Im sayin my opinion only, not some 'fact'.

If its gonna force a person to take interest in your or love you, Id say waaay bad idea! No one likes being forced into something and I doubt anyone would appreciate when they find out.

If its on yourself, like ncsweet said, and only attract people or love to you, that doesnt sound as bad. Wouldnt something like that just maybe draw attention to you? Doesnt seem like it forces someones will, seeing as they still get choice of if they want to do something or not.

Arnt there plants that can attract attention? I know of something called plumeria, but not sure if that could do more than call the opposite gender to ya.

As I said, this is my opinion, and im not trying to tell anyone to do anything.  

necrofade

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:04 pm
i honestly think its wrong because ur controlling him and many dont see it that way but i do its like he's mindless to the spell u kno?  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games