Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Fortune Telling!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can Tarot be read online?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Ellisari

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:37 pm
I wanted to know;

Is it possible to do Tarot readings online?
I am well aware that readings should be objective, but is it possible to give someone a correct and clear reading over the web? I mean, it's hard to know all the details if you don't know them personally.

I'm curious about this too; Can crystal balls be used as a reasonable method of divination, or are they only props for fake fortune tellers?

If someone is capable of giving accurate readings over the web, it would be cool if they'd PM me... >.<  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm
iChibi-Panda
I wanted to know;

Is it possible to do Tarot readings online?
I am well aware that readings should be objective, but is it possible to give someone a correct and clear reading over the web? I mean, it's hard to know all the details if you don't know them personally.

I'm curious about this too; Can crystal balls be used as a reasonable method of divination, or are they only props for fake fortune tellers?

If someone is capable of giving accurate readings over the web, it would be cool if they'd PM me... >.<

I do tarot readings online, over the phone, and in person. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I don't have a problem with it.

Using crystal balls for divination is just a form of scrying. I don't know if people do readings with them often or not.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:42 pm
I'm the same as Morgandria. It doesn't seem to effect the reading at all.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:49 pm
I've done more reading over the Net than I have in real life and online hasn't really been an obstacle. In fact, I get more flustered and unable to focus if I'm doing a reading face-to-face.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

xXrainbowrazorsXx

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:21 am
I am not so sure i am alwayse a bit sceptical of over the phone and online readings. i think that it is easier to read if the persons energys are on the space with you.

Personally i think it depends on the peoson you are reading. Say if you were doing a reading on "kate" over the phone and you didn't know her it may not work as kate does not believe in over the phone readings, but if you read for kate face to face it would work better for her as she believes face to face works.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:44 pm
I've done over the phone readings for people I knew, but it kinda seems different. They were best friends, and several of them are incredibly skilled at readings, too. My over the phone readings were spot-on, except I knew the people I was reading for, and I think it sort of changes things.

Thanks for the answers guys ^^ <3  

Ellisari

Zabi_baby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:17 pm
oh Gods I would never do things over the internet like that. At least not for someone else. If I get a letter or pm or email usually I whip out the tarot and do a reading to see where the person is in there life. But never for someone over on the other side of the interweb. Just for my own understanding about how best to help the preson.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:11 pm
I don't tend todo reading over the internet but I assume if the person was real and not intending to run a fake tarot reading you way it would work.
I don't personally like todo them over the internet, if I really feel the need todo it for another person other then myself, I like them to be infront of me as I do so.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:41 am
I actually have never given a reading over the internet. >_>'
The only think i do over the internet, is reading palms. It's quite an easier way of doing things, though it does require good-quality pictures of your palm and hand.
It's a good way to keep in practice though.^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:07 pm
xXrainbowrazorsXx
I am not so sure i am alwayse a bit sceptical of over the phone and online readings. i think that it is easier to read if the persons energys are on the space with you.

Personally i think it depends on the peoson you are reading. Say if you were doing a reading on "kate" over the phone and you didn't know her it may not work as kate does not believe in over the phone readings, but if you read for kate face to face it would work better for her as she believes face to face works.

I agree.

As for crystal balls. They're used for scrying, which is another form of divination. I don't see why you couldn't scry for someone else, it'd be a lot like reading for someone else, I imagine.  

Katsumi Aki

Emerald_Angel28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:29 am
I don't think I'd ever personally do a reading for someone I couldn't see. I run with mostly divination tools I've made on my own and they seem to work a lot better. The tarot cards I made only run up to 13 cards and yet the readings are very accurate.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:20 am
Although online readings can be accurate, if no one takes them seriously then it really did'nt make a difference. Interweb readings seem a bit disconcerting to me and I've only done readings face-to-face. Over the interweb I'm not as nervous as a face-to-face, but I feel like I'm groping in the dark for a person that I've never met. I prefer contact and palm reading because somehow being next to the person you're doing a reading for helps me concentrate on their essense and not wander off. Yeah, I'm not a very concentrated person... Whatever feels right for you guys! : )  

Arcaniss Vivian

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:10 am
It's the most wonderful time . . .

I had a tarot shop on Gaia here, actually, and I got busy with the real world so I had to close it. But I found that I'm better reading for strangers, cause there's no pressure, and I can make much more objective comments, as opposed to my friends, who I'd prolly try to meddle with. Reading over the net is just as easy as reading offline, cause you put your energy into your avie, and all I have to do is just follow that link and connect with your energy. It probably depends on the person doing the reading, however, and how connected they are to their guides and everything like that. =)

. . . of the year!User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:06 am
Personally, I wouldn't trust it, as I need to be physically touching the person for us to share our energy to guide each other. That's what I did to find the name of my Goddess with a close friend who I can tell is him on the mental plane.

However, it does depend. I suppose it depends on the type of fortune telling you're doing. I don't think the tarot online programs are AT ALL accurate. If a psychic or seer is actually doing the reading out and is able to home in on your energy, then it may work.

Also, I'm skeptical of 90% of fortune tellers. I did find a good one in NYC, who was mostly working as a scam artist, but well, she did a little tarot/palm reading for me and well, she was kinda shocked and actually gave a good reading.(She basically looked really shocked and scared when she did mine, and told me she normally lies about these sorts of things, but my lover was in danger by his own hand. She was referring to my male friend who I've always had a sort of tension with, who the next day shot himself to avoid going to Iraq as he didn't want to join the army in the first place, but his parents made him, and well, he shot himself in the knee. Now, he has a limp and is in the US.) And well, if a good person who can actually read the cards accurately and get a good reading from them normally lies to avoid bad news and make more money, I question a lot of the readers. Now, if it's a brutally honest friend who's doing it for free, I do trust that. If a person online knows my energy, I think they could do a decent reading.  

Orchidsandfractals

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:39 am
i think that the difficulty will be how unattached U are to the cards if the are digital and not physical. but if u don't kno the person sometimes its easier  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games